Yellowfin/Ahi Tuna - Linked to scombroid
Outbreak hace 1 mes
Delaware, United States
“FDA has announced that recalls of yellowfin/ahi tuna supplied by Truong Phu Xanh Co., LTD of Vietnam have not effectively removed potentially harmful products from the market and be contaminated by Scombroid. Scombrotoxin fish poisoning can occur when fish is not properly chilled or preserved and begins to spoil, resulting in increased histamine levels. Histamine cannot be destroyed by freezing or cooking.
Tuna from this supplier is still within its shelf life and could have been sold thawed or frozen ground tuna meat, poke cubes, steaks, or loins. The following companies imported tuna from Truong Phu Xanh Co., LTD:
- Mical Seafood Inc. (Davie, FL)
- Northern Fisheries LTD. (Little Compton, RI)
- Alfa International Seafood Inc. (Medley, FL)
- Aquabest Seafood LLC (Miami, FL)
- Gamma Seafood Corporation (Medley, FL)
- J. DeLuca Fish Company, Inc. (San Pedro, CA)
- Sym-Pac International Inc. (Corona, CA)
- Worldwide Seafood Products LLC (Perth Amboy, NJ)
Consumers should ask if the yellowfin tuna being served or sold was imported from the Vietnamese supplier Truong Phu Xanh Co., LTD and has a production date in 2019.
To read more click here: fda.gov
Visita al mйdico : Si