IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The FSIS announced a public health alert for ready-to-eat (RTE) chicken and pork tamale products containing diced tomatoes in puree that have been recalled by the producer, due to concerns that the products may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically hard plastic. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
FSIS advises consumers not to eat the recalled products and to throw them away or return them to the place of purchase. The frozen RTE chicken and pork tamale items were produced between Oct. 22, 2020 and Nov. 9, 2020 by Tucson Tamale Wholesale Co. LLC and bear establishment number “EST. 45860” inside the USDA mark of inspection. The following products are subject to public health alert:
- Cases containing eight individually packed tamales with the labels “TUCSON TAMALE GREEN CHILE CHICKEN TAMALE” or “TUCSON TAMALE Green Chile Chicken Tamales” with lot codes F20296 and F20309 and sell by dates of 10/23/22 and 11/05/22.
- Cases containing six packages with two tamales each of “TUCSON TAMALE GREEN CHILE CHICKEN TAMALES” with lot codes F20309 and F20296 and sell by dates of 10/23/22 and 11/05/22.
- Cases containing 30 tamales of “TUCSON TAMALE Green Chile Pork & Cheese Tamales” with lot codes F20303 and F20307 and sell by dates of 10/30/22 and 11/03/22.
- Cases containing eight individually packed tamales of “TUCSON TAMALE GREEN CHILE PORK & CHEESE TAMALE” with lot codes F20307 and F20314 and sell by dates of 11/03/22 and 11/10/22.
- Cases containing six packages with two tamales each of “TUCSON TAMALE GREEN CHILE PORK & CHEESE TAMALES” with lot codes F20303 and F20307 and sell by dates 10/30/22 and 11/03/22.
- Packages containing two tamales of “TUCSON TAMALE GREEN CHILE PORK & CHEESE TAMALES” with lot codes F20303, F20307 and F20302 and sell by dates of 10/29/22, 10/30/22 and 11/03/22.
- Cases containing 30 tamales of “TUCSON TAMALE Green Chile Chicken Tamales” with lot code F20296 and sell by date of 10/23/22.
The problem was discovered by Tucson Tamale Wholesale Co. when they identified pieces of hard plastic in the cans of diced tomatoes in puree that they received from their ingredients supplier. These items were sold online and also shipped to distributors for further distribution to retail locations and restaurants nationwide.
Check the full recall details on the FSIS website fsis.usda.gov
Recent Interesting Reports
January 17, 2021 2:04 PM
“Drove and picked up Prime Brisket from there. I smoked it in my Smoker, until it reached 200. I let it rest, and 16 hours after i ate it, i got nausea, stomach cramps and diarrhea, for 2 movements in 10 minutes. And then it was over. So i felt sick for 15 minutes total. My brother ate my Brisket, an... d got same sickness as well. But i dont know for how long. ”
January 20, 2021 12:08 AM
“I ate green chicken chili. Was sick the next morning but didn’t start throwing up til the next night, every hour on the hour. Was sick for five days. ”
December 31, 2020 10:01 AM
“Stomach pain & diarrhea! I should have known by the way the girl at the counter acted this wasn’t a good place. Young girl obviously doesn’t like her job and provided horrible customer service. ”
December 30, 2020 9:42 PM
“My family and i purchased 8 piece chicken for 5.99 between 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. We ate around 7:30 p.m. everyone stomach was upset at once. I took a bite of the chicken leg and i noticed it tasted like old grease/cooking oil. But i continued to eat that leg. About 30 minutes later my tummy started achin... g. Then my family was right behind with the pain. If it continues we will head to the ER. ”
December 30, 2020 9:10 PM
“Extreme pain in abomen, vomiting for 4 hours , it was the only thing I’d eaten all day , had to have been off ingredients ”
January 5, 2021 11:27 AM
“Raw ready to eat washed vegetables- sugar snap peas 1 person, started around an hour late ”
December 30, 2020 5:05 PM
“We ate PC brand arugula and frozen cherries. Everything else we had previously eaten. We ate at 9pm and didn’t feel good at night. By 8am we were both puking and had diarrhea. Can’t keep down water. We suspect it’s the arugula as it’s more likely to be the case, but those two things were the only th... ings we both ate in common and that we hadn’t previously eaten. ”
January 9, 2021 3:41 AM
“My boyfriend and I decided to get there because we got an email for his birthday to redeem free cinnamon sticks. So we did because 1. We love pizza and 2. Free cinnamon sticks yes please however we were cautious because lately we have been feeling pretty bad after ordering from there so this time we... opted to get pasta instead. My significant other had not ate all day and was ravenous and put down the pasta and half the breadsticks and within 3 hours was in immense pain. After taking pepto bismal, tums and ibuprofen he managed to fall asleep at 3 am making him late for work. A day goes by and I decide that I am gonna have a few breadsticks and my boyfriend also had some with cinnamon sticks. We feel horrible, have thrown up, his stomach feels tight and I am having severe cramping. I don’t know what’s going on with this place but something needs to change. Never again. Do yourself a favor and don’t go here. ”
Frozen seafood products sold at Asda, Sainsbury's, and more - recalled due to possible salmonella contamination
January 25, 2021 11:57 PM
“The FSA announced the recall of several chilled and frozen seafood products by several retailers (Asda, Sainsbury's, Co-op, Waitrose & Partners) because they might be contaminated with salmonella.
FSA advises consumers not to eat the recalled products. Instead, return it to the store from where i... t was bought for a full refund.
- by Sainsbury’s Mussels (Chilled) (150g). Best before: All Date codes.
- by Sainsbury’s Cockles (Chilled) (90g). Best before: All Date codes.
- Co-op Cooked Mussels (Chilled) (140g). Best before: All date codes.
- Asda Seafood Selection (Mussels, seafood bites and king prawns) (Chilled) (240g). Best before: 22, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 January 2021.
- Asda Cooked Mussels (Chilled) (150g). Best before: 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 January 2021.
- by Sainsbury’s Seafood Selection (Chilled) (200g). Best before: All Date codes.
- by Sainsbury’s Cooked Cockles (Frozen) (200g). Best before: All Date codes.
- by Sainsbury’s Cooked Mussels (Frozen) (300g). Best before: All Date codes.
- by Sainsbury’s Seafood Selection (Frozen) (300g). Best before: All Date codes.
- Waitrose & Partners Essential Frozen Seafood Selection, (King prawns, mussels and squid rings) (Frozen) (250g). Best before: All dates up to and including end January 2022.
- Co-op Cooked Seafood Selection (Frozen) (300g). Best before: All date codes.
- Waitrose & Partners Essential Cooked Seafood Selection, (Mussels, king prawns and squid) (Chilled) (200g). Best before: All use by dates from 20 December 2020 to 20 January 2021.
The products listed above might be contaminated with salmonella. Symptoms caused by salmonella usually include fever, diarrhoea, and abdominal cramps.
Check the full recall details on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
December 29, 2020 11:59 AM
“Chicken wings Within hoir. Husband and I both got sick. I had for 2 weeks, blood work showed bacterial infection; stool samples showed “salmonella.” Meal was delivery on Sunday, December 13th. Both had diarrhea within the hour of eating different types of wings & free tots. ”