Best Chicken, 111 East 2700 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, USA
Closure 1 year ago
East 2700 South, Salt Lake City, 84115 Utah, United States
“This establishment was closed for presenting an imminent health hazard and the following violations:
1. The establishment lacks adequate hot and cold holding capacity.
2. There is insufficient refrigeration capacity to hold all potentially hazardous foods at or below 41°F.
3. There is insufficient hot holding capacity to hold all potentially hazardous foods at or above 135°F.
4. The front make table is not maintained to hold potentially hazardous food at or below 41°F (minimum interior temperature measured was 50°F).
5. Cut tomatoes in the front make table are measuring 50°F.
6. Various potentially hazardous foods in the walk-in cooler are measuring between 47°F and 53°F.
7. The ambient air in the walk-in cooler is measuring 46°F.
8. Various potentially hazardous foods in the small reach-in cooler are measuring 50°F.
9. Cooked chickens on the counter are measuring between 78°F and 104°F.
10. Cooked rice on the counter is measuring between 104°F and 120°F.
11. There is no probe thermometer available.
12. Food containers are not labeled with the common name of the food.
13. Not all food employees have a current food handler card.
14. Dumpster lids are left open.
15. There is a gap at the bottom of the back, exterior door.
16. Employees' personal beverages are not separated from food preparation areas.
17. Single-service items are not stored to prevent contamination.
18. The ceiling and fan cover of the walk-in cooler are dirty.
19. Various floor, wall, and ceiling surfaces are damaged.
20. The floor, walls, and ceilings are dirty in various areas.
21. An employee did not wash hands between clean and dirty tasks.
22. An employee washed hands while wearing gloves so as to reuse them.
23. After being washed, dishes are not being sanitized by any methods.
24. Food equipment is not air dried before being nested together for storage.
25. Cardboard is used to line the floor of the walk-in.
26. Newspaper is under rubber mats in the kitchen.
27. Sinks lack sufficient drainboard space to accommodate all clean and dirty dishes.
28. Food is stored in non-food grade containers.
29. Potentially hazardous and ready to eat foods that are prepared on-site and held for more than 24 hours are not date-marked.
30. A chemical spray bottle is not labeled with the common name.
31. Domestic style freezer is in disrepair and not durable for commercial use.
32. Raw chicken is stored above ready-to-eat foods (cooked rice) in the walk-in cooler.
33. Food is stored on the floor in the walk-in cooler.
34. Oil is stored on the floor in the kitchen.
35. Food in the walk-in cooler is not covered to prevent contamination.
36. Maintenance tools are stored in the kitchen and food preparation areas.
37. A bowl used to hold potatoes is stored inside a container of cooked rice.