Shari's Restaurants, Northeast Thurston Way, Vancouver, WA, USA

Poisoned 1 year ago
Northeast Thurston Way, Vancouver, 98662 Washington, United States
Shari's Restaurants, Northeast Thurston Way, Vancouver, WA, USA
“Party of 3 last night around 10:30pm. 2 of us got sick. Food in common was pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs. 4-5 hours later I woke up with fever, severe vomiting, awful stomach cramps. The other was very nauseous and had diarrhea around the same time. My b/f and I both work in the industry, I am a caterer he is a cook at a different restaurant. Not once did I see any staff wash their hands, although I could only see part of the kitchen staff through the pass through window. There were two cooks on duty, a dishwasher, a server, and a FOH manager. I was told upon paying our bill that one of the cooks was brand new. Although I was not a "fly on the wall" in the kitchen, I could imagine this probably happened due to cross-contamination. Such as the cooks not washing their hands and changing their gloves after handling certain product. Our food took a very long time to arrive, which had my interest sparked to stare at the happenings at the pass. (Because honestly, after years of being in the field I have seen many careless actions that could result in food bourne illness and frankly I don't trust many people with my food... But it was late and we just got back from vacation.) Two orders before ours, I saw plates with burgers and breakfast items go out. Next was a large group's food, which mainly consisted of breakfast food like pancakes and eggs from what I could see. Amongst those things, being cooked was the salmon my boyfriend ordered, along with my brother and I's pancakes, waffles, French toast and eggs. Then I see our food up in the window, where I watched both FOH ladies gather our plates with their unwashed hands after running the two orders before ours. I made a joke to myself how we would have got the food quicker had the server stopped trying to juggle our plates by setting them down and picking them up several more times to get it just right so she wouldn't drop it. (Would have been faster for her to make two trips at the pace she was going).
SO, somewhere between them having a new cook on line and neither ladies washing their hands before putting 15 finger prints on each plate.... Cross-contamination happened. Someone, somewhere amongst the staff that night was being careless.
Incident happened July 9, 2019 between the hours of 10:00pm and 11:20pm”
Reported By User
2 people had — diarrhea, fever, nausea, vomiting and cramps
| 1 person found this review helpful