Subway, 11420 N Ventura Ave, Ojai, California, USA
Temporary Closure - related to food safety 1 year ago
North Ventura Avenue, Ojai, 93023 California, United States
“On Sat .Feb 15th. I ate there & got sick about 8 hours later. I had a spicy Italian 6" with lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, black olives. My son did not get sick. NOW. Feb 28th ate there again & got sick. Thia time I ate a roast beef with... lettuce tomato black olives & bell peppers. Again my son did not get sick.
Therefore it has to be lettuce tomato or bell pepper. ”
“A italian sub sandwich. Myself, only one ate it. Ate it that morning was sick before dinner time.stomach was upset diarreah rest of night. Early next day. Stomach pains, nausua, low energy. Started Pepto bismo an Gatorade. Later that next night diarreah stopped but stomach still upset an energy, sick.... Next day 2da.3rd day later. My stomach hurt,nausua, very low energy .want to sleep, though diarreah is gone ”
“My boyfriend and I both got a tuna sub and we also got my mom a chicken breast sub. Minutes after I finished mine, my stomach started growling with some pain. I went to the bathroom feeling really nauseous and with bad stomach pain. I had diarrhea along with throwing... up 🤢 while I was in the bathroom, my bf told me he had to use the toilet really bad. Basically we both got sick and my mom was fine. So I’m sure it had to do with the tuna.. First time I get sick from it. ”
“Report date: Feb 25, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: a sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands not provided on exposed hand washing sinks in front prep area. Signs shall be provided at all handshaking sinks used by food employees...
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed that employee wore bracelets on hands while working with food. Must remove all jewelry except plain wedding band from hands while working with exposed food
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previously cited core violations from 7/31/2020 report # 2303962 not corrected as follows: violation #51 backflow prevention devices not located at ice machine-soda machine. Must install so backflow prevention devices or air gap between the water supply inlet and the unit so it may be located to be serviced and maintained violation #51 must repair urinal flush that is not working priority foundation:7-42-090,citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Report date: Feb 20, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: 6-304. 11-washroom ventilation inoperable.... Must repair/replace.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of food handler training or certificates for all required employees. Must provide.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“I believe it was having the Meat Feast. I was horribly sick within a few hours and have how been experiencing diahorrea for the past 2 days Just me, a few hours. I had the meat feast, then me & my friend (who'd had a different Sub but was okay)... went to the cinema. As the film as about to finish I felt queasy and when we got home I rushed to the toilet and was the most sick I'd been while completely sober. I then continued to feel sick throughout the evening. The next day I had diarrhea throughout, and same again today. Also I've had a splitting headache throughout. My eyes esepcially hurt as they're so dry. ”
“FSA announced the recall of Sardines in Tomato Sauce by John West because of suspected bacterial contamination that has resulted in a small number of swollen cans.
FSA advises not to consume these products and to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. The recall is... for two specific batch codes:
- John West Sardines in Tomato Sauce (120g).
Batch code: KX319H. Best before June 2022
Batch code: KX326H. Best before June 2022
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“Hamburger We were in Tallahassee for a new student orientation which she is missing today because she’s so sick. We ate dinner last night around 6 o’clock in the evening and she started getting nauseated in the middle of the night and started throwing up very severely and diarrhea at... around six in the morning. ”
“I had a popcorn sheimp basket, a coca-cola, and a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard. After about an hour drive we got home; suddenly i was hit by serious abdominal cramps, i went to the restroom and had a quick fast session of diarrhea without warning. All symptoms went away... immediately after a hot shower i took immediately after the diarrhea. ”
“The meat Two people got sick about 5-6 hours after eating the meat appeared to be a bit off color
my order was large half and half pepperoni and meat feast pizza, two dominos cookies, nachos, chocolate pizza, 7 chicken strippers and wedges. We ate this last night from approximately... half past eight. ”
“I ate "FisherBoy" 120 pack fishsticks and "SeaPack family size butterfly shrimp. I cooked both at 500 degrees for 12 minutes. About three hours after eating the fish I was unable to stand up straight. I flushed my system with water, vomited, diarrhea for the next hours. I was the... only consumer. ”
“My mother purchased groceries as I was at work eating my salad as I always do, she bought a totally different brand kind then I usually get within 4 hours I was nauseous, hot and cold sweats, diarrhea, I was home at this point thank goodness but I still have... these symptoms and no one else around have had this nor ate the salad. I have not eaten a thing since I can't or have a appetite, I have not gone to a pcp yet but its bizarre after eating that this happens I was fine up until that. ”
“FSA announced the recall of Nestlé Ski Yogurt Variety Pack with Fruit Pieces by Nestlé because they might contain small pieces of black rubber.
FSA advises not to consume these products. Nestlé advises returning the top of the outer sleeve with your personal information for a full refund. The only... recalled products are the ones with the following "Use by" dates:
- Nestlé Ski Yogurt Variety Pack with Fruit Pieces. Pack size: 480g (4x120g). Use by dates: 21 February 2020, 22 February 2020, 28 February 2020, 29 February 2020, 6 March 2020, 7 March 2020, 13 March 2020
To check the full returning instructions and the full recall notice visit the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us