IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBWAY®Restaurants, North Narragansett Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, United States
January 31, 2018 3:27 PM
4036 North Narragansett Avenue, Chicago, 60634 Illinois, United States
I went in around dinner 3 on January 30, 2018 and ordered a 6in meatball marinara. The bread I used was wheat bread. And In less than 4 hours I began feeling nauseous and later on went to throw up for what felt like eternity. I am now disgusted to go back ever again.
November 29, 2020 10:06 PM
“Had sweet corn as an option on my sandwich, they were reaching the bottom of the tub so I don’t know how old it was, when they went to replace it, they just poured the bottom of the old stuff onto the top of the new tub, the next few days I had a bad stomach and couldn’t eat, being diabetic it also... played with my blood sugars ”
November 29, 2020 2:23 PM
“Chicken and bacon melt sandwich purchased and ate around 1-2pm and then sickness kicked in around 7-8pm. Still Ill 24hours later, bed ridden. ”
November 25, 2020 9:01 AM
“Report date: Nov 23, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: instructed to provide handwashing signage at all handsinks (washroom).
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: observed black slimy substances on interior water compone... nts of the ice maker,dripping into ice 'ice is used for human consumption'. Management was instructed to turn off machine, remove ice and have interior of ice machine cleaned and sanitized and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005,citation issued.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed no splashguard at hand sink in the front prep area. Must provide and maintain.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handling employee prepare food without wearing a hair restraint. Management instructed that all food handling employees must wear a hair restraint.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean the food debris on the storage racks inside the walk-in-cooler and to maintain.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: observed water leak at backflow prevention device above the mop sink area. Must repair plumbing leak and to maintain.
52. Sewage & waste water properly disposed
- comments: observed the dish washing 3-compartment sink not maintained. Observed waste water backing out from the open site floor drain onto rear food prep/3-compartment sink area while draining and running water in mentioned sink. Instructed to repair plumbing issue and detail clean and sanitize areas. Priority violation 7-38-030 (c),citation issued.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to remove accumulations of dusts on ceiling ventilation covers at front food prep area and to maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and organize rear storage area and remove unnecessary articles that are stored on top of the walk-in-cooler due to potential pest harborage.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: instructed to replace burnt-out light bulbs at front and rear food prep/3-compartment sink area and maintain adequate lighting at all times.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: observed no food handler certificates provided on the premises. Must show proof of training for all food handling employees.
Source: chicago.gov ”
November 25, 2020 8:47 AM
“I order a footlong sandwich from this location. I ordered my usual that i always get. A footlong on Italian herbs and cheese with pepperoni, ham, bacon, and cheese with salt and pepper. Ive Only eaten their sandwiches this way my whole life, but last night i tried something new, or i was forced to i... guess for the first time in my experience. The store was out of Italian herbs and cheese so I had to get my sandwich on a plain footlong. I also added lettuce for the second time too. I regret going to this store. After goin to bed late from weird stomach sensations, I woke up around 8 with the feeling of "somethings off" then immediately about 2 mins later im in my bathroom face in the toilet projectile vomiting!!! Now im a pretty solid person when it comes to stomach health or not getting stomach related sicknesses, however they legitimately gave me food poisoning and im appalled. And the only things I got different was my bread and adding a veggie. Safe to say IM NEVER BUYING IT AGAIN! ”
November 25, 2020 7:31 AM
“I had Italian herb and cheese bread with chicken, American cheese, onions, banana peppers, and Chipotle sauce, macadamia nut cookie and raspberry cheesecake cookie. Barely finished eating and had to vomit at the store twice then went home and had intense abdominal pain with continued vomiting for ab... out 14-15 hours. ”
November 24, 2020 9:57 AM
“I had a turkey sub I am the only one that ordered the turkey so I am the only one that got sick from sandwiches I am senior citizen ”
November 23, 2020 9:07 PM
“I ate a chicken bacon ranch sub. I ate a subway chicken bacon ranch sub. Ate half the footlong sub and started feeling sick. I then threw up a few times that night and didn't go to work the next morning. Didn't take long before I got sick after eating it. ”
November 21, 2020 10:08 AM
“I got a 12” in hartford tuna, with cheese, lettuce, onion, spinach, green peppers and chipotle south west. and a 6” :, meatball with the same things on it. ”
November 20, 2020 1:31 AM
“Date of Closure: 2020-11-18
Reason For Closure:Vermin Infestation - California Health and Safety Code Section 114259.1
Source: Los Angeles County Environmental Health Department. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
November 15, 2020 7:45 AM
“I ordered the Philly cheesesteak, fries, and a peach lemonade. Ate around 6 pm. The next morning (about 4 am) I feel very nauseous and have a bad stomach ache. Felt like my muscles were in knots. I vomited 3 times and have 5 episodes of diarrhea! Definitely won’t be eating there anymore! ”
November 15, 2020 11:52 AM
“Last night ate a big kahuna cheese steak.10 min after eating VIOLENT diarrhea!Super bad nausea too.It’s the next morning still VIOLENT diarrhea.Had to be the sandwich from there.ITS THE NEXT DAY IM STILL SUPER SICK FROM THIS FOOD ”
November 23, 2020 7:30 PM
“The CFIA announced the recall of eggs by Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. due to possible Salmonella contamination. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
CFIA advises consumers not to eat the recalled products and distributors, retailers and food servi... ce establishments such as hotels, restaurants, cafeterias, hospitals, and nursing homes should not serve, sell, or use the recalled products described below. The recalled products have been sold in Quebec as well as through Internet sales. Only eggs from Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. with best before dates indicated in the table below where the lot code contains "Q29" or where there is no lot code on the package are implicated by the recall.
- Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. Large Size Eggs (12 eggs). UPC: 0 57711 01056 9. Codes: 20-12-26 Q29
- Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. Large Size Eggs, Family Pack (18 eggs). UPC: 0 57711 01018 7. Codes: 20-12-22 Q29, 20-12-26 Q29
- Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. Extra Large Size Eggs (12 eggs). UPC: 0 57711 01064 4. Codes: 20-12-26 Q29
- Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. Extra Large Size Ultra Eggs (12 eggs). UPC: 0 57711 01064 4. Codes: 20-12-18 Q29, 20-12-22 Q29, 20-12-24 Q29
- Les Œufs Richard Eggs Inc. Large Size Brown Eggs (12 eggs). UPC: 0 57711 08056 2. Codes: 20-12-24 Q29, 20-12-30 Q29
- Nutri Large White Eggs (12 eggs). UPC: 0 61719 01121 3. Codes: 20-12-22 Q29, 20-12-24 Q29
- no name. Medium size eggs (12 eggs). UPC: 0 60383 66415 2. Codes: 20-12-26 Q29
Check the full recall details on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca
Source: CFIA ”
November 21, 2020 11:27 PM
“I went there and got the mini pretzel hot dog and cinnamon mini pretzels and I was sick with in 30 mins on my way come. Major stomach pain and diarrhea . I’m the only one ate this. ”
November 13, 2020 12:23 PM
“I ordered a doordash. I ate the food. It was alright but hours later I had explosive diarrhea for the whole night. ”
Tanimura & Antle Single head romaine lettuce - recalled due to possible E. Coli 0157:H7 contamination
November 6, 2020 6:01 PM
“Company name: Tanimura & Antle Inc.
Brand name: Tanimura & Antle
Product recalled: Single head romaine lettuce
Reason of the recall: Possible contamination with E. Coli 0157:H7
FDA Recall date: November 06, 2020
Recall details: Out of an abundance of caution, Tanimura & Antle Inc. is voluntari... ly recalling its packaged single head romaine lettuce under the Tanimura & Antle brand, labeled with a packed on date of 10/15/2020 or 10/16/2020, due to possible contamination with E. Coli 0157:H7. Packages contain a single head of romaine lettuce with the UPC number 0-27918-20314-9. No other products or pack dates are being recalled. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the recalled product.
The recall is being conducted in consultation with FDA, and is based on the test result of a random sample collected and analyzed by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development as part of their routine sampling program. A total of 3,396 cartons of potentially affected product were distributed in the United States to the following states: AK, OR, CA, TX, AR, OK, IN, NE, MO, TN, WI, NM, SC, WA, NC, OH, VA, MA, PR, and IL. The potentially affected product was shipped in cases packed in either 12, 15, 18 or 24 heads per case. Retailers and distributors can identify the potentially affected products through the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) sticker attached to exterior of the case. The PTI codes are 571280289SRS1 and 571280290SRS1.
E. coli O157:H7 causes a diarrheal illness often with bloody stools. Although most healthy adults can recover completely within a week, some people can develop a form of kidney failure called Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS). HUS is most likely to occur in young children and the elderly. The condition can lead to serious kidney damage and even death. If consumers are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please contact your physician.
At Tanimura & Antle, food safety is a number one priority and the company prides itself on its preventative measures. It is unlikely that this product remains at retail establishments due to the shelf life of lettuce and the number of days that have passed. We are asking that if any of the packaged single head romaine described above is in the possession of consumers, retailers or distributors, the product be disposed of and not consumed. Consumers with questions or concerns may call the Tanimura & Antle Consumer Hotline at 877-827-7388 Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
November 24, 2020 4:48 PM
“Ate about noon. I had the #16. Turkey bacon luttuce tomato and mayo. About an 1/2 hour later i felt kinda funny in my tummy. About 2 hours later my stomach really hurt. I was nauseated and had the runs. I was in the bathroom for quite sometime. Every time i got up i was right back in there. I cal... led there where i ate and all the manger said was i don't know what to tell you. What do you want out of this. Told him i just want him to be a where of it. And that was it. He wasn't concerned at all ”