IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
SUBWAY®Restaurants, Suburban Drive, Newark, DE, United States
June 27, 2017 11:09 AM
320 Suburban Drive, Newark, 19711 Delaware, United States
I ate a footling tuna sub from subway yesterday night around 8:00pm. This morning around 9:00am, I realized I have food poisoning. It is now 11:10am and so far I have had loose stool 4 times and vomited twice. I feel nauseous and have stomach pains.
November 25, 2020 9:01 AM
“Report date: Nov 23, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: instructed to provide handwashing signage at all handsinks (washroom).
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: observed black slimy substances on interior water compone... nts of the ice maker,dripping into ice 'ice is used for human consumption'. Management was instructed to turn off machine, remove ice and have interior of ice machine cleaned and sanitized and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005,citation issued.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed no splashguard at hand sink in the front prep area. Must provide and maintain.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handling employee prepare food without wearing a hair restraint. Management instructed that all food handling employees must wear a hair restraint.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean the food debris on the storage racks inside the walk-in-cooler and to maintain.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: observed water leak at backflow prevention device above the mop sink area. Must repair plumbing leak and to maintain.
52. Sewage & waste water properly disposed
- comments: observed the dish washing 3-compartment sink not maintained. Observed waste water backing out from the open site floor drain onto rear food prep/3-compartment sink area while draining and running water in mentioned sink. Instructed to repair plumbing issue and detail clean and sanitize areas. Priority violation 7-38-030 (c),citation issued.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to remove accumulations of dusts on ceiling ventilation covers at front food prep area and to maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and organize rear storage area and remove unnecessary articles that are stored on top of the walk-in-cooler due to potential pest harborage.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: instructed to replace burnt-out light bulbs at front and rear food prep/3-compartment sink area and maintain adequate lighting at all times.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: observed no food handler certificates provided on the premises. Must show proof of training for all food handling employees.
Source: chicago.gov ”
November 25, 2020 8:47 AM
“I order a footlong sandwich from this location. I ordered my usual that i always get. A footlong on Italian herbs and cheese with pepperoni, ham, bacon, and cheese with salt and pepper. Ive Only eaten their sandwiches this way my whole life, but last night i tried something new, or i was forced to i... guess for the first time in my experience. The store was out of Italian herbs and cheese so I had to get my sandwich on a plain footlong. I also added lettuce for the second time too. I regret going to this store. After goin to bed late from weird stomach sensations, I woke up around 8 with the feeling of "somethings off" then immediately about 2 mins later im in my bathroom face in the toilet projectile vomiting!!! Now im a pretty solid person when it comes to stomach health or not getting stomach related sicknesses, however they legitimately gave me food poisoning and im appalled. And the only things I got different was my bread and adding a veggie. Safe to say IM NEVER BUYING IT AGAIN! ”
November 25, 2020 7:31 AM
“I had Italian herb and cheese bread with chicken, American cheese, onions, banana peppers, and Chipotle sauce, macadamia nut cookie and raspberry cheesecake cookie. Barely finished eating and had to vomit at the store twice then went home and had intense abdominal pain with continued vomiting for ab... out 14-15 hours. ”
November 24, 2020 9:57 AM
“I had a turkey sub I am the only one that ordered the turkey so I am the only one that got sick from sandwiches I am senior citizen ”
November 23, 2020 9:07 PM
“I ate a chicken bacon ranch sub. I ate a subway chicken bacon ranch sub. Ate half the footlong sub and started feeling sick. I then threw up a few times that night and didn't go to work the next morning. Didn't take long before I got sick after eating it. ”
November 21, 2020 10:08 AM
“I got a 12” in hartford tuna, with cheese, lettuce, onion, spinach, green peppers and chipotle south west. and a 6” :, meatball with the same things on it. ”
November 20, 2020 1:31 AM
“Date of Closure: 2020-11-18
Reason For Closure:Vermin Infestation - California Health and Safety Code Section 114259.1
Source: Los Angeles County Environmental Health Department. ”
November 18, 2020 3:47 PM
“Not sure. 1 person sick half hr ago ”
November 18, 2020 10:46 AM
“My roommate and I both ate turkey subs from here and had the same symptoms 5 hours later. Horrible. Never eating there again. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
November 24, 2020 7:31 PM
“November 23, 2020: My son ate a cheeseburger happy meal and I had a QP deluxe cheeseburger and we both got violently ill 4 hours later. It went from simple indigestion to full fledge vomiting and watery stools. 24 hours later still feeling feverish with a rumbling stomach. Thank goodness my son is f... eeling better, he ate less than me. It’s terrible to see your own child suffer from food poisoning. ”
November 12, 2020 8:12 PM
“Ordered a chicken bacon ranch toasted online
Everything was cold inclining the meat that would be warmed even if it was toasted, was in too much of a hurry to deal with it/go back. Woke up at 5am puking and unable to leave the restroom. Also had to leave work early. ”
November 10, 2020 12:43 AM
“5 layered dip in the deli department. It expired the day I Brought it so I thought it was ok to eat since it was the last day. couple hours before I started having symptoms. I felt really bad I was in bed for 7 hours in pain could not eat. Bad diarrhea just terrible. Today is the second day I cant... eat normal I feel bad, I will never again buy groceries out of Walmart ”
November 18, 2020 11:25 AM
“Ate a bag of cool ranch doritos, I noticed a slight weird beany taste about them but kept eating anyway. Soon after I felt extremely bloated & have been developing watery diarrhea for the past 2 days. I noticed a sudden fatigue & like I couldn't stay away, then bubbling in my guts along with a sudde... n headache ”
November 7, 2020 8:09 PM
“I bought the Marketside organic bananas and ate one. My stomach was in such pain. I’ve never experienced anything like it. About two days later one of the bananas turned black and there was a brown liquid all over my counter under it that looked like pop. So weird. ”
November 9, 2020 2:51 PM
“Started feeling sick the day after eating a green chicken curry and coconut rice. Woke up that night with horrific stomach cramps, muscle weakness, sweating, nausea and diarrhoea. Has not subsided yet, has been two days. Constant headache since yesterday afternoon. ”
November 12, 2020 7:35 PM
“The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public health alert for beef stock products that were not presented for import re-inspection into the United States. A recall was not requested because it is believed that the affected product is no longer av... ailable for consumers to purchase. The beef stock item was imported on or around November 5, 2020.
32-oz. cartons containing “Wegmans Beef Culinary Stock NO SALT ADDED” with UPC 7789045652 and codes 25MAR2022 and 26MAR2022 on the label.
The product subject to the public health alert bears the Canadian mark of inspection for “882.” This item was shipped to retail locations in Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania.
The problem was discovered when the purchaser determined that it was delivered without FSIS import re-inspection.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a health care provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ pantries or refrigerators. This product should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
For more information click here: fsis.usda.gov
Source: FSIS ”
November 2, 2020 5:00 PM
“Company name: Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Markets, Inc.
Brand name: Natural Grocers
Product recalled: Organic Whole Elder Berries
Reason of the recall: Salmonella
FDA Recall date: November 02, 2020
Recall details: Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Markets, Inc., a Lakewood, Colorado-based natural... grocery retailer, is voluntarily recalling Natural Grocers Brand 4-ounce Organic Whole Elderberries after being notified by its supplier of the potential presence of Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. If you are experiencing these symptoms, and believe you may have been exposed to Salmonella, please report to a medical provider.
To date, the company has received no reports of illness or injury but is acting out of an abundance of caution to voluntarily recall any of the potentially affected product in the marketplace. After initially certifying that this product had tested negative for Salmonella and was fit for human consumption, our supplier subsequently notified the company of the potential presence of Salmonella in specific lots of organic elderberries.
Consumers who may have purchased this product are advised to discontinue use immediately and discard or return the product for credit or refund. The recalled product is packaged in clear plastic bags weighing 4-ounces and bearing the “Natural Grocers” label. Only packages bearing the following pack dates are being recalled at this time: 20-216, 20-225, 20-246, 20-265, & 20-281.
- Org Whole Elderberries 4 oz. UPC: 000082003043. Packed on Dates: 20-216, 20-225, 20-246, 20-265 & 20-281
The product was distributed to 159 Natural Grocers stores located in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. Consumers can find the specific locations of Natural Grocers’ stores in those states at the brand's website.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
October 30, 2020 11:39 PM
“Yesterday Thursday 29 October 2020 at about 4:00 pm I ordered a cheeseburger quesadilla. Approximately 45 minutes later (4:45 pm) I began feeling very sharp pains in my stomach, followed by cold sweats, hot flashes, vomiting, nausea, tingling sensations throughout my body (hands, legs, feet, ect) i... n fact I was in so much pain yesterday that the stomach pains were literally radiating to my private area as if I was kicked in the balls. Never have I felt so bad and was in so much pain before I in my life. In fact i thought i was going to die. The pain didnt start subsiding u till about 1:00 am the following morning, however I do still feel some remnants of the pain (30 hours later). There is no bbn doubt in my mind that I was poisoned by this food. And I'm considering taking legal action because what I felt yesterday not even my worst enemy should have to endure ”
November 13, 2020 9:59 AM
“My spouse and I had got two hot drinks then woke up in the middle of the night with intense bloating and stomach pain and diarrhea ”