SUBWAY®Restaurants, U.S. 62, Calvert City, KY, United States
Food Poisoning 2 years ago
U.S. 62, Calvert City, 42029 Kentucky, United States
1 person had — diarrhea, fever, nausea and vomiting
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“After dinner down the street at a restaurant, my 8-year old son indulged in a full scoop of Rainbow Sherbet on a sugar cone. I warned him that it was too big and that he might get sick. 4 hours later he barfed up our expensive night out. I recall... thinking that the ice cream didn’t seem very cold...and that the medium rare Pepper Steak we had earlier wasn’t hot. All night with his head in the toilet and a slight fever, I suspect food poisoning. I don’t have symptoms but I also didn’t have the ice cream. Urgent Care in the morning. ”
“There is some confusion surrounding the current Coronavirus (called 2019-NocV) outbreak that began in December 2019 and whether you can get it through food. Here is some information:
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans. Past outbreaks include Middle East Respiratory... Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The current novel Coronavirus (a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans) is thought to originate in live food markets in Wuhan, China through animals and human contact.
How is it transmitted?
Coronaviruses such as the current 2019-NocV are transmitted through the respiratory system, not the gut, so there is a low risk of infection through the consumption of contaminated food. Restaurants can be a site of transmission of coronavirus because of the large numbers of people congregating in close quarters and then coughing/sneezing could spread the disease just like in other places (transportation, schools, etc). But the food itself isn’t a likely vehicle.
Signs of infection?
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases and those with weakened immune systems, an infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO):
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth+nose when coughing/sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
For more info, please visit: who.int ”
“FSIS announced the recall of approximately 2000 pounds of Pre 95% Lean 5% Fat ground beef by Amity Packing Company Inc. as they might be contaminated with clear thin pliable plastic pieces. There have been no injuries reported linked to this recall.
FSIS advises not to consume these products and... throw them away or return them to the place of purchase instead. The recalled products bear establishment number “EST. 6916”, and were distributed to retail locations in IL, IN, KY, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and WI.
- Pre 95% Lean/5% Fat Ground Beef (1 lb). Lot code: 0060. Case code: 11402. Use/Freeze by 01/31/2020
The full recall notice is available on the FSIS website fsis.usda.gov
Source: FSIS ”
“On Wednesday 29th January, I ate for lunch (12PM): chicken thigh, pasta, kale, broccoli and sweet potato, with parsley pesto dressing. I started getting mild stomach cramps in the late afternoon. Mild nausea developed at 6PM and diarrhea began at 6.30PM. Fever started at 8PM and my temperature peaked at... 11PM (39.6'C). Over the next 24 hours, the diarrhea has intensified (been to the toilet 12+ times) and so has the nausea, and I am still experiencing stomach cramps, although the fever subsided around 2PM on the 30th January. ”
“FSA announced the recall of Sardines in Tomato Sauce by John West because of suspected bacterial contamination that has resulted in a small number of swollen cans.
FSA advises not to consume these products and to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. The recall is... for two specific batch codes:
- John West Sardines in Tomato Sauce (120g).
Batch code: KX319H. Best before June 2022
Batch code: KX326H. Best before June 2022
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“Had a beef dip with house salad at noon yesterday. Around 6 pm had a spinach with blue cheese salad. New bottle of blue cheese and raw President's Choice spinach from a new plastic box. An hour later felt hot flashes and knew I was going to be sick. Threw-up... everything and a run of diarrea. Fell asleep and woke up feeling fine. Not sure what if it was from the beef dip & salad or spinach. Anyone have any idea? I was alone ”
“The both of us at it last night around 9pm 24th January 2020 and got diarrhea the next day which is today I felt sick with stomach pain about 20 minutes after I ate it and the whole night my stomach hurts until about 5am I started to go to... the toilet with only watery stool was coming out. My wife got diarrhea the next day and was feel nausea the night ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us