*UPDATE* June 16th, 2019
The CDC advised that several brands and types of flour have been recalled because they may be linked with this E. coli outbreak. These are the other recalled products:
- 5-lb. bags of Pillsbury Best Bread Flour recalled by Hometown Food Company, a customer of ADM Milling Co. UPC Code 0 5150020031 5. Lot codes and use-by dates:
- Lot Code: 8 342, Use-By Date: JUN 08 2020
- Lot Code: 8 343, Use-By Date: JUN 09 2020
- 14,218 cases of 5-lb. bags of King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour recalled by King Arthur Flour, Inc., a customer of ADM Milling Co. Lot codes and use-by dates:
- Best Used By 12/07/19, Lot: L18A07C
- Best Used By 12/08/19, Lots: L18A08A, L18A08B
- Best Used By 12/14/19, Lots: L18A14A, L18A14B, L18A14C
Consumers should not use any of the recalled products. You can check the full outbreak notice here
May 23, 2019
ALDI has issued a recall of Bakers Corner all-purpose flour due to concern it may be contaminated with E.Coli. The product was sold at retail locations of the company all over the northeast of the United States. 17 people infected with the outbreak strain of E. coli O26 have been reported from eight states according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The product was manufactured at an ADM Milling Co. production facility in Buffalo, N.Y and sold in a 5 lb. bag with the following UPC code: 041498130404. If you have purchased this product, discard it immediately or return it to your local store for a full refund.
CDC advises that the epidemiologic and laboratory evidence indicates that flour is a likely source of this outbreak. Also, states that this is an ongoing investigation to determine whether other brands or lots of flour may be contaminated and more recalls are needed. Three persons have been hospitalized and no deaths have been reported. Sick people have been reported from CA, CT, MO, NJ, NY, OH, PA, and RI.
According to the recall notice, this product was distributed to retail ALDI stores in 11 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia. The company informed that they also recalled all best if used by dates and all lots of Bakers Corner All Purpose Flour products manufactured by ADM Milling Co. from store shelves in the previously mentioned states.