IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Product: Black beans
March 3, 2021 11:28 PM
“03/01, chicken bowl with lettuce, queso, sour cream, black beans, brown rice, and salsa My sister had it but her bowl did not contain lettuce, queso, sour cream, or chicken. I ate it at 10 pm, started diarrhea at 2am, vomiting started 5 am, fever and chills and body aches started 2 am ”
March 3, 2021 12:21 PM
“I GOT SICK WITHIN LESS THAN TWO HOURS OF EATING HALF OF A LARGE POLLO TROPICHOP WITH CHICKEN, BLACK BEANS, WHITE RICE,PEPPERS AND ONIONS. FOR TWO DAYS I HAVE BEEN HAVING SEVERE STOMACH CRAMPS, DIARRHEA AND NAUSEU. WILL NEVER EAT FROM ANY LOCATION EVER AGAIN ”
March 2, 2021 5:03 PM
“Both my friend and I had burrito bowls with white rice, black beans, fajitas, chicken, and mild salsa yesterday and we both have severe food poisoning now. ”
February 9, 2021 9:49 AM
“I ordered a bowl around 12:30pm on Monday, February 8th. It had brown rice, black beans, chicken, fajitas, mild salsa, corn, cheese, guacamole, and lettuce. I started getting a big headache later in the afternoon (past 2pm). After 5pm my head was still hurting. Headache went away shortly after 6pm.... Around 7-9pm I started feeling nauseous and chills. Took my temperature and had a fever of 100. I didn't want to eat anything for the night (skipped dinner). I go to bed and I'm restless the whole night with stomach cramps. Kept drinking water when I'd wake up. 6am still have a fever. Ate a little bit of a bar but still have stomach cramps. Went #2 and stool was a mixture of loose and normal. Today I still have a fever and cramps. ”
January 29, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Jan 25, 2021
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: person in charge during the inspection does not have a valid city of chicago certified food manager certificate. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
2. City of chica... go food service sanitation certificate
- comments: no city of chicago certified food manager on site while tcs foods were being prepared and served such as black beans in a hot holding unit at 169f. Priority foundation violation 7-38-012 citation issued.
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: noted no written employee health policy available or on site for review for all the employees. Must provide a verified written employee health policy for all employees. Priority foundation violation 7-38-010. No citation issued at this time.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: paper towel dispenser at the cooks line hand washing sink not functional, unable to properly dispense paper towels as needed. Instructed paper towels must be accessible at all times at all hand washing sinks. Priority foundation violation 7-38-030(c) citation issued.
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed cooked brown rice to be used/served in the cooks line cooler with a prep date labeled 1-14-21 and a use by date of 1-17-21. Bean sticks with an expiration date of 1/9 and plant based imitation burgers with and expiration date of 1/16. Also observed green goddess dressing in the walk-in cooler labeled with a prep date of 1-25-21 and an expiration date of 2-4-21. Tahini (chick pea) with a prep date of 1-25-21 and an expiration date of 2-1-21. Cut leafy greens with no date labels. All foods discarded. Instructed all tcs foods must be properly date labeled with an expiration date no longer than 7 days including the day of prep and must not use a product past its expiration date. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: all bulk food containers must be labeled with the product common name.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: observed plastic wrap being wrapped around the cooks line drawer cooler doors as a means of repair. Must not use plastic wrap as equipment repair.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: no irreversible registering temperature indicators to measure the internal temperature for the high temperature dish washing machine. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation at this time.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: shelving under the cooks line flat grill with excessive food debris. Must clean and maintain. ----must not use cloth towels as liner for shelving on top of the three compartment sink grease trap. Surface must be smooth and cleanable.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: observed the front prep countertop under beverage dispensing equipment in poor repair with chipping, peeling pressed wood. Instructed to replace or repair to be smooth and cleanable.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: noted women's washroom toilet bowl with excessive feces and piled toilet paper. Instructed to clean/unclog toilet.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: noted employees personal belongings in the food prep area. Must use the designated employee locker area for employees belongings.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers whos certificates are posted on the premises. Must provide.
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violation from report #2369869 on 4-29-20 not corrected. #55- noted clutter basement food/dry storage area. Instructed to detail clean, organize and remove all unnecessary or unused articles and equipment to prevent hiding places for pest. Priority foundation violation 7-42-090. No citation issued at this time.
Source: chicago.gov ”
January 26, 2021 1:17 PM
“Did curbside pickup. Over 30 minutes late from pickup time. I had ribs, corn, Black beans. Wife had chicken Fajitas. She got violently sick, diarrhea, vomiting, headache and chills. Even now, 14 hours later she is very adverse to food. ”
January 23, 2021 4:59 PM
“My daughter ate the Steak Burrito bowl with steak, black beans, white rice, fresh tomato salsa, roasted corn salsa, cheese & romaine lettuce. This was the only thing that my daughter ate all day long, and she wound up getting violently ill with food poisoning the very next morning as soon as she wok... e up, and threw up 15-20 times where she became so dehydrated that we had to take her to the emergency room. The doctor determined that it was a food borne illness / poisoning that caused her condition. So, I believe that there was something wrong with one of the ingredients in that steak burrito bowl that gave her the food poisoning. (That we ordered for her on Thursday January 21, 2021).
Just wanted to report that to you, as I am going to contact the local health department as well. My daughter ate the Steak Burrito bowl with steak, black beans, white rice, fresh tomato salsa, roasted corn salsa, cheese & romaine lettuce. This was the only thing that my daughter ate all day long on THURSDAY JANUARY 21, and she wound up getting violently ill with food poisoning the very next morning on Friday January 22nd as soon as she woke up, and threw up 15-20 times where she became so dehydrated that we had to take her to the emergency room. The doctor determined that it was a food borne illness / poisoning that caused her condition. So, I believe that there was something wrong with one of the ingredients in that steak burrito bowl that gave her the food poisoning. (That we ordered for her on Thursday January 21, 2021).
Just wanted to report that to you, as I am going to contact the local health department as well.
My whole family LOVES IT - so this was pretty upsetting, and it caused immense pain to her and stress and anxiety to me being her mom and watching her in the hospital.
Friday morning on January 22, 2021 ”
January 21, 2021 2:51 AM
“I always order burrito bowls with brown rice, chicken,tomato and corn salsa, cheese, lettuce and black beans, and chips with queso or guac. This is about the fourth time I have woken up in the middle of the night with severe stomach cramps, gas and cold chills that have kept me awake for hours. ”
January 11, 2021 3:08 PM
“went in an ordered a burrito bowl..full portion of steak and chicken,brown rice, black beans,queso ,shredded cheese and lettuce..shortly after I had severe upset stomach, vomitting, headaches and sweats. I contacted corporate about the incident..about a week later 1/11/2021 , I was finally contacted... by them..i was told that "well nobody else ate there got sick"..very upsetting! did absolutely nothing to insure me the restaurant was safe to revisit,,nor offered any kind of compensation for spending my money on tainted food 1/3/2021 ”
January 10, 2021 1:34 PM
“Ate burrito bowl with Carne Asada, brown rice, black beans, pico, lettuce, guacamole, and the tomatillo salsa. My son also had a kids meal with brown rice, pinto beans, and guacamole (he did not get sick). I ate my bowl on Jan 8th between 6:30 pm that evening and 7:30 pm. I only ate about half of th... e bowl. I woke up at 3 am on Jan 9th with nausea and abdominal cramping, as well as gas and stomach pain. At 4 am, I started having diarrhea and vomiting. The diarrhea continued intermittently until about 10 am. I couldn’t drink oral liquids or eat any food without vomiting. The vomiting continued throughout the day. Around 3pm I started having a mild fever (99.6F). By 6pm it was 100.5F. At that time I finally was able to eat a couple of Saltine crackers and tolerate a sip of ginger ale. I had stopped vomiting by that point, and just had continuous nausea. I went to bed at 9pm, and by that time the fever was decreasing. I woke at 7am on Jan 10th, and all symptoms had ceased. Jan 8-9, 2020 ”
Recent Interesting Reports
March 3, 2021 8:50 PM
“March 3, 2021, Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup Just me. I got sick about 2-3 hours after I ate it. I suddenly felt lightheaded and cold then vomited. ”
February 5, 2021 12:58 PM
“5 family members aye there last night and we all vomited at least 3 times last night and had díaheria all day ”
February 11, 2021 1:19 AM
“I purchased a bag of Hershey Kisses from my local grocery store. I commonly get these and never have an issue with them. However, I became sick after eating four kisses about an hour after. I began feeling nauseous, began to bloat, and have awful intestinal and abdominal pain. I then had very ba... d diarrhea. Seeing as I have gotten these before I didn't suspect them. I didn't have any more for a few days as I was recovering. Finally I decided to have a few more thinking it must have been something else. The same thing happened yet again pointing directly to these as the culprit.
The item is the Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses 10.8 Oz bag.
Expiration date: 10/2021. ”
February 27, 2021 1:01 AM
“Company name: J&J Distributing
Brand name: Haug, Fresh Tyme & more
Product recalled: Taco products
Reason of the recall: Listeria monocytogenes
FDA Recall date: February 26, 2021
Recall details: J&J Distributing of St. Paul, MN, is recalling multiple products because they have the potential to... be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem. The recalled products were distributed nationwide in retail stores. The recalled products are the following:
- Haug. Taco Tray 16 oz. UPC: 6-10014-16383-9. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Haug. Mini 7 Layer Dip Tray 22 oz. UPC: 6-10014-16414-0. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Haug. Taco Tray 16 oz. UPC: 6-10014-16415-7. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Haug. Taco Tray 29 oz. UPC: 6-10014-16416-4. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Fresh Thyme. Taco Dip 10oz. UPC: 8-41330-12368. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Tastebuds. Layered Fiesta Taco Dip 9 oz. UPC: 0-38232-31611-8. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Tastebuds. Taco Platter 26 oz. UPC: 0-38232-31683-5. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Tastebuds. Taco Platter 15.8 oz. UPC: 0-38232-33235-4. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Tastebuds. Taco Dip 9 oz. UPC: 0-38232-31612-5. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Earthgrown. Mini Taco Dip. UPC: 6-10014-22341-0. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Caribou. Turkey Sandwich 9 oz. UPC: 7-98493-17447-5. Code Date: 26-Feb.
- Kwik Trip. Taco Dip 8oz. UPC: 0-38232-36091-3. Code Date: 3-Mar.
- Kwik Trip. Taco Dip 15.8oz. UPC: 0-38232-36090-6. Code Date: 3-Mar.
The potential for contamination was noted after routine testing by the company revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in a utensil used to produce the products.
Consumers who have purchased any of the affected products are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 651-221-0560, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5 pm.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
March 2, 2021 12:15 AM
“Yesterday, Old almond milk that we bought there We bought almond milk from there using the delivery service. It was our first time using this service. The day of the delivery we used the almond milk in our smoothies. A few hours later, we started having headaches, feeling fatigue, and ran fevers. Th... e next day (today) we had nausea and diarrhea. ”
February 7, 2021 12:21 PM
“I had a 5 piece chicken tender with honey mustard, tots, and a large Oreo cheesecake master blast shake. The shake tasted absolutely rotten - I thought that maybe they didn’t stir it well enough, so I stirred it thoroughly and it still tasted awful. I had MAYBE 5 sips and stopped drinking it. I left... it on the counter so I could take it back/tell them how horrid it was. A few hours later I saw it literally frothing and bubbling like sea foam! I don’t know what the heck happened, but it’s been awful. I got intense stomach cramps and diarrhea a little less than 12 hours afterwards. As a health care professional, the symptoms point me towards C. diff (clostridium) and it is highly likely that the ingredients of either the shake or the chicken tenders had not been refrigerated properly. ”
February 10, 2021 3:20 PM
“Every time I eat Publix’s sandwiches I get bad cramps in my stomach ”
February 9, 2021 10:17 PM
“Saturday, My kids I have two girls 16 and 11 my boyfriend is 32 he has three kids two boys 11 and 6 and a daughter 2 years old went here around 10 pm my boyfriend ordered chicken tenders and fries for him and the children I had chicken critter salad my daughters had ribs and fries and cheeseburger a... nd fries that night when we got home my daughter 11 started throwing up and saying her stomach was hurting the next morning my older daughter started throwing up and saying her stomach was hurting my boyfriend kids all started throwing up and saying there stomach was hurting my stomach started hurting and I became very nauseous Monday ”
March 1, 2021 10:17 PM
“Started this morning and we both threw up at-least three times in the last 3/4 hours. Zax snack and kicking chicken sandwich Me and my boyfriend got sick. It started this morning our mouth was feeling watery and stomach was weak. Like something just wrong. My side started hurting bad about 4:00 p.m... . and we haven’t eaten all day due to feeling sick. Today as of March 1,2021. We have 8 month old and we are unable to care for him because we are to weak. We had to lay down just to feel better until we find someone to care for our child so we can go to ER. ”
February 15, 2021 8:56 PM
“organic 9 seed bread. I ate 2 slices for breakfast. I started itching all over. My lips got swollen. I had cramps and a stomach ache all day. I couldnt sleep. I took two antihistamines. That calmed the symptoms, however today I had diarrhea. I feel lethargic. It happened Yesterday and today. I check... ed for an expiration date. I think it said October. It might have been expired. ”