IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Precooked hot dogs can cause food poisoning if mishandled. Listeria food poisoning can occur when hot dogs are not thoroughly heated. Symptoms of listeria infection include fever, headache, tiredness, and aches that can possibly lead to serious issues such as meningitis and blood poisoning.Last updated: November 29, 2022
Product: Hot dog
I had a hot dog with relish and in medium Orange Julia's drink and got terribly sick.
It was the only thing I had eaten all day. The previous 2 days I had eaten very simple food from home only that was all fresh.
The hot dog... or drink are poison. I Have been vomiting for 2 days. I will likely fail my graduate school finals due to this! The suffering and stress is ridiculous. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea,Nausea,Vomiting,Fever,Stomach Pain,Cramps,Chills,Headache
Suspected source: Hot dogs from there
Onset: 7 hours
Duration: Still happening
Sick: 2 of us.
Additional information: We ate hot dogs at here on Sunday around 1:30 on Sunday At 10:00pm we were both very sick
Report date: Nov 18, 2022
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: observed no city of chicago certified food manager on the premises while tcs foods (hot dogs) were being prepared and served. Instructed management that a city of chicago certified food manager must... be present at all times while tcs foods are being prepared or served. Priority foundation 7-38-012. Citation issued.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: found no hot water at the handwashing sinks located in the 1st floor mens and womens washrooms; observed water temperatures ranging from 78f-85f. Must provide hot water with a minimum temperature of 100 f and maximum of 120 f at all handwashing sinks. Priority violation 7-38-030(c). Citation issued.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed approximately 20 mouse droppings underneath the the food service counter where the registers are located. Management instructed to clean and remove all rodent droppings from all affected areas and contact pest control to eliminate all pest activity from the premises. Priority foundation 7-38-020(a). Citation issued.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: found old food debris build up on the dish trays in the rear dish area. Instructed management to detail clean dish trays and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: found heavy grease and dirt build up on the floor behind the fryers. Instructed to detail clean and maintain.
Yesterday evening., Hot Dog I ate a hotdog and popcorn, then the next morning I was up to gas, diarrhea and nausea. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Gas
New update today me and my son are both coughing bad it feels like something is stuck in back of my esophagus I can’t wash it down I can’t cough it up it’s too far for my fingers to reach its not a good feeling at all... it’s like I’m constantly choking on something that will not wash down shaking my head in disappointment at the lack of care one takes when preparing food im scared I’m going to have plastic in me forever if it doesn’t suffocate me first ..There is some kind of plastic with ridges in my chicken sandwich from here between chicken and the lettuce & tomatoes I have a picture but am bagging up sandwich in a ziplock with it wrapped including all contents it’s full of the chicken juices and tomato lettuce juice I felt something what I thought was tough lettuce went to go pull off lettuce and tomato stated to my husband that they gone down hill they need to stick with deserts still didn’t notice it went to go put bread back on my chicken and light shined on it making it glisten it was stuck to chicken breading my husband pulled it off I lifted it and what looks like either clear tape or hot dog wrapper cellophane im not sure I did touch it with my mouth as I said i bit into what I thought was tough lettuce which is why i took apart sandwich to wipe off the lettuce and tomato im disgusted and feel sick to my stomach that my mouth was on that thing who knows what it was for if it was on uncooked. Meat i am disgusted at the fact my kid got same sandwich which he ate in full and pray im the only one with plastic extras in my meal | Symptoms: Stomach Pain
Cooked an entire package of Fork in the Road hotdogs in a frying pan one day before use by date. Fresh not frozen. After cooking, I topped with canned chili & beans & heated that too until boiling for a few minutes. Ate about one fourth of... one hot dog. Didn’t like or eat the chili. The taste of the hot dog was not good & not like when I ate them before. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
3 weeks ago
The FDA is currently investigating an outbreak of Listeria Monocytogenes. As of November 09, 2022, a total of 2 people infected with Listeria monocytogenes have been reported. No specific product has been linked to this investigation as of today. This investigation is ongoing.
According to CDC, Listeriosis... is a serious infection usually caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes, and Listeria outbreaks are often linked to dairy products and produce.
Some CDC recommendations to prevent Listeriosis:
- Do not eat raw or lightly cooked sprouts of any kind (including alfalfa, clover, radish, and mung bean sprouts).
- Don’t let juice from hot dogs and lunch meat packages get on other foods, utensils, and food preparation surfaces. For people at higher risk avoid eating hot dogs, lunch meats, cold cuts, other deli meats, or fermented or dry sausages unless they are heated to an internal temperature of 165°F or until steaming hot just before serving. Wash hands after handling hot dogs, lunch meats, and deli meats
- Only consume pasteurized milk and milk products, including soft cheese, ice cream, and yogurt. Look for the word “pasteurized” on the label. If in doubt, don’t buy it!
- Eat cut melon right away or refrigerate it. Throw away cut melons left at room temperature for more than 4 hours.
In case you are experiencing listeria monocytogenes symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Now severe abdominal pain and diarrhea from hot dog with relish., I noticed the hotdog was not that hot Just frightened; this has never happened to me before. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea
I felt good after Phillies won so I thought I would like some hot dogs like at a ball park. Got some oscar meyer from here, next morning my urine was dark and cloudy and I had a lower left back intermittent pain always faintly sharp for a couple days as it faded away drinking lots of water. | Symptoms: Other