IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
You can get food poisoning from airline food, such as American Airlines. Airline food caterers have less regulatory oversight and less frequent inspections when compared to other food facilities. Diarrhea and nausea are the most commonly reported symptoms from American Airlines.Last updated: November 17, 2022
Flew from LAX to Auckland on 11/13/22 and had a layover in Dallas. I ate their cold chicken with salad for dinner and their fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I became violently I’ll with vomiting, diarrhea, headache, and cramping. I had to go to the urgent care... in New Zealand and spend hundreds of dollars. I know for a fact it was the airline food that made me ill because I didn’t eat anything but the airline food for the 19 hours I was traveling. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Headache
Yesterday on American Airlines in flight meal. , I believe the salad that was served in first class on the flight. I hadnt eaten anything else that day. Started feeling sick about 2 hours after eating the meal served in First Class on American Airlines flight 1279 from DFW to Columbus. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
I ate the vegetarian meal in first class on a night flight. Flight 1917 from DFW to MCO, 11/06/2022. A croissant with cheese and tomato’s. And chocolate lava cake. But items were ice cold so I did not eat it all.
The next morning I did not... eat, as I felt a little off. Then, while I was at Disney, my stomach started bloating. I was also nauseated, thirsty and had a very dry mouth. I then had severe vomiting and diarrhea, and fatigue.
24 hours later I am feeling somewhat better, after expelling the food from my body. My very expensive trip to Disney was ruined. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Bloating, Fatigue
1 hour after eating the food from the plane I started to feel sick. I had vomiting and diarrhea during the 9 hours of the flight and the next day. on the flight there was a line to vomit in the bathroom... | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
5 months ago
I was served a BBQ chicken sandwich on my AA flight 1122 from Bogota to Dallas. Fortunately, I did not get sick until I arrived in Dallas, but it’s bad enough that I might miss my connecting flight. I ate rabbit, ants, and all sorts of wild... food from the rain forest and a chicken sandwich did me in on AA? It’s incredible. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
10 months ago
I ate a hummus and vegetable plate including carrots and celery and within 8 hours I was nauseous and vomiting for the next 12 hours | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
11 months ago
I flew first class from Dallas, TX to Bozeman, MT on 12/31. I ate the potato salad that was served and about 3 hours after that I began vomiting almost uncontrollably every hour for 12hrs straight. After those initial 12hrs I was nauseous and had diarrhea for another 36 hours. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
I was in the club Saturday Nov 6 ate avocado toast with hard boiled egg and onions 6 hrs later severe vomiting for the next 18 hours and nausea still 3 days later | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
Report date: Mar 30, 2021
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: found approximately 25 small live flies on wall in front buffet service area and in the bar area (admiral 2nd floor). Instructed to remove, clean and sanitize the affected areas. Recommend to contact... licensed pest control for service. Priority foundation violation 7-38-020 (a) citation issued
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and maintain storage racks with white mold like build-up inside walk-in cooler (flagship 1st floor).
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and maintain exterior top and sides of high temperature dishmachine (admiral second floor) with calcium/lime build-up.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: backflow preventer device not located behind coffee/espresso machine (buffet service area). Instructed to install so that it can be located to be serviced and maintained.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: toilet room receptacle must be covered inside employee women's washroom. Instructed to provide lid/cover.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to clean and maintain floor with mold like build-up inside walk-in cooler (flagship side first floor).
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: found incomplete allergen training certificate in accordance with pa 100-0367 on site. Instructed any person with city of chicago food service sanitation certificate to comply with allergen training certification.