IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steak 'n Shake food poisoning can occur and common symptoms are nausea and diarrhea. The most common customer reported diagnosis is Salmonella. The last potential outbreak reported from Steak 'n Shake was a 2018 case in Lansing, MI where an employee tested positive for Hepatitis A.
Steak 'n Shake
April 6, 2021 1:24 PM
“Got the BBQ burger, steak fries, and half-price Oreo Shake. Within a few hours after dining, I started vomiting like a scene from the exorcist. It was the entire meal that came up. Then came diarrhea. Never again. ”
March 24, 2021 11:51 AM
“My girlfriend and I both ate here on Sunday evening on 3/21/21 at around 8pm and we both came down with symptoms of Norovirus after eating there. My symptoms started Tuesday morning at 3:30 am and hers started Tuesday around 12 pm. We think it was either the ice water or burgers. ”
March 21, 2021 9:05 PM
“I had a red velvet shake a couple of fries and a couple of bites from my boyfriends food around 3-4 and around 6 I started getting extremely sick and the last time I ate here I got sick as well ”
March 18, 2021 10:48 PM
“My boyfriend and I each ordered a burger around 6pm today, March 18th and now we are both very sick. Our sickness(nausea, diarrhea, etc.) started at the same time around 9pm today. It is highly unlikely that a sickness like the flu would start so suddenly and at the same time but the common denomina... tor. ”
February 26, 2021 8:12 AM
“Normally I would not post like this, however this has happened now two times in a row. First time was about six weeks ago. Ordered chili mac and fries. When I got home and started to eat, I realized the food just looked and smelled wrong. Only ate less than half of it. Next morning I was on the... toilet for a couple of hours. Nauseated with diarrhea. Undigested chili mac and fries coming out. Stayed away for awhile. Went back last night, and now the exact same symptoms as last time. I don't know what they are doing over there, but I'm not ever going back and I would suggest staying far away. ”
February 2, 2021 12:23 PM
January 31, 2021 5:11 PM
January 19, 2021 11:14 AM
January 7, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Jan 5, 2021
25. Consumer advisory provided for raw/undercooked food
- comments: observed menu with a footnote reminder statement on the menu display board and missing disclosure by astericks for related menu items (eggs any style and beef burgers). Instructed to provide both disclos... ure statement and reminder on the menu for raw or uncooked animal-based food items offered. (refer to cdph consumer advisory guide provided during 2021 inspection). Priority foundation violation #7-38-005. No citation issued.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: observed spilled food matter and residue under and on shake machine. Instructed to detail clean to avoid buildup.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: observed leak from drainpipe of 3-compartment sink dripping into metal cup. Instructed to repair.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed supplies and boxes stored on the floor in the two front employee storage closets. Instructed person in charge to properly store items by elevating at least six inches from the floor on raised shelving units.
Source: chicago.gov ”
November 17, 2020 6:29 PM
“I went here last night to get food, service was fast and the food was hot. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to eat since and have had bad diarrhea all day. About 10 minutes ago I threw up and saw all the undigested fries and chicken strips from 15 hours ago. ”