Report date: May 6, 2020
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: person in charge at the time of inspection does not have a city of chicago sanitation certificate. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: no city of chicago certified food manager on site while tcs foods are being prepared and served such as hot dogs at 143. 6f. Instructed a city of chicago certified food manager must be on site at all times foods are being prepared and served. Priority foundation violation 7-38-012. No citation issued. Manager arrived during inspection.
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-010. No citation issued.
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: no written cleaning procedure or required equipment for a vomiting/diarrhea event. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
15. Food separated and protected
- comments: observed raw animal origin eggs being stored on top shelving above an open box of fully cooked sausage inside the walk-in cooler. Sausage removed and discarded. Eggs removed. Priority violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: no metal stem thermometer on site to monitor food cooked food temperatures. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: all food handlers must wear effective beard restraints.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: all prep area wiping cloths must be held in a clean container with a sanitizing solution.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: front prep area handwash bowl cabinet interior with accumulated food/dirt build up. Instructed manager must clean said interior of handwash bowl cabinet. ----- all shelving throughout the front storage/prep area with dirt and debris. ----extremely dirt mop sink. Must clean and maintain all. -----must not use cardboard as liner for shelving inside hot holding food units. ----- extremely dirty drip basins with black slime substance on the soda and slurpee dispensing machines. Must clean and maintain. ------: all shelving for food storage in the walk-in cooler extremely dirty with broken egg shells, assorted food debris encrusted in plastic milk crates being used as shelving. Must remove food debris,must not use milk crates as shelving. Must be smooth cleanable surface. Interior all other food coolers and freezers found dirty with built up food accumulation/debris. Must clean all and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: both rear and front storage rooms floors cluttered throughout. Instructed manager must elevate all items off floor or remove items to prevent potential pest harborage. ------ floors throughout entire facility with dirt and debris. Behind all coolers, shelving, fixtures, cash station machine. Must clean and maintain. -----ceiling in rear storage with food splatter and water damaged ceiling tiles. Must replace. Missing ceiling tile above the slurpee/cash station machine. Must replace. -----holes noted in the ceiling around piping in the employee washroom. Must seal.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: no proof of food handler training or certificate for employee/food handler on site.
59. Previous priority foundation violation corrected
- comments: previous priority foundation violations not corrected #48- no quaternary chemical test strips on site to monitor sanitation levels at the three compartment sink. Must provide. #38-observed approximately 75 rodent droppings throughout the rear storage room, under and on all shelving, along baseboards and behind all stored items. Instructed to remove all droppings, sanitize all areas. Must have pest control co. Service for rodents. #10- no hand wash bowl at dish wash 3-compartment sink area. Instructed manager must provide a hand wash bowl with running hot and cold water at dish wash 3-compartment sink area. Priority violation 7-42-090. No citation issued.