Report date: Jun 26, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy provided on site. Instructed manager to provide verification for each employee on site at all times. Priority foundation. 7-38-010.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no employee hand washing signage at handsinks at bar area. Must provide.
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: observed the following tcs food items stored at improper temperature in prep cooler at kitchen prep area. Tilapia found at 47. 7f, cooked beef found at 44. 5f, hard boiled eggs found at 48. 7f, chicken wings found at 47. 8f and raw calamari found at 51. 2f. Instructed manager proper cold holding temperature must be at 41. 0f or lower. Instructed to discard and denature food. All food items weighing approximately 75 lbs at a cost of $150. 00. Priority violation. 7-38-005.
25. Consumer advisory provided for raw/undercooked food
- comments: observed no disclosure statement written at the bottom of food menu for consumer advisory. Must provide a disclosure stating, 'these food items are cooked to order. ' establishment is serving burgers and steaks cooked to order. Priority foundation. 7-38-005.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: observed missing handle from top half of prep cooler in kitchen. Must replace.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: allergen training certificates are incomplete. Instructed manager, all employees who obtain the city of chicago food manager certificate must complete allergen training and provide proof of certificate on site at all times.