IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
4 years ago
Miami international airport. A salad , 2 got sick, we ate around 12- one of us immediately was having diarrhea, the other nausea and 5 hours later began feeling faint. Now I (the other) am laying in bed trying not to go to bed but keep feeling like I need to use the restroom or throw up. Nausea. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea
Picked up a sandwich and pastry from a cuban restaurant (Versaiile?) in D concourse (I think) to eat on the plane as we were stuck in coach and were starving from having already traveled all day. I broke with SEVERE diarrhea the next morning as we were... to board our next flight, fiance came down with the same a few hours after we made it home. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
I ate a sandwich and had a sprite at the budlight lounge. I just knew something was wrong with that sprite. I wish I had never stopped and ate there. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
Passing threw Miami airport headed to Jamaica got Starbucks milk was bad got food poisoning also before knowing infected we attempted to get a empanada and realized the eggs were not cooked completely threw up in airport then non stop for the next 6 hours got to... my resort in Jamaica had to go to a nurse station they brought in a doctor got six Iv’s and cost me $1200 later | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Fever, Nausea, Vomiting
Every time anyone in my family including myself eat the Nutella biscuits, we all get sick. Symptoms are diarrhea, nausea, severe stomach cramps, and vomiting. We’ve purchased them from different stores at different times and the result is always the same. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain, Chills
Suspected source: Eighth Street Campus Dining Hall
Onset: 4 to 12 hours
Duration: Several days
Additional information: Was perfectly fine before eating at dining hall. I ate a salad with lettuce, spinach, shredded carrots, red onion,... and olive oil/salt, which can't have been the problem as the greens were chilled. However, the problem arose with the main entry. The philly cheese steak with onions and peppers was unpleasant to eat, but it was palatable enough to just eat the meat while picking out the vegetables. I felt nauseous before bed at 11pm and took an antacid. I woke up at 2 in the morning that same night and vomited, vomiting six times with two occasions of diarrhea over the course of eight hours with intermittent sleep. I went to urgent care and was administered fluids and Zolfran, which helped temporarily with the violent trembles and the nausea. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain, Chills
Closure Date: 11/02/2023
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed approximately 8+ rodent droppings on the floor in the main kitchen underneath a shelf with containers with seasonings, near the ac unit.
- High Priority - Stop Sale issued... due to food not being in a wholesome, sound condition. Observed in the prep area: 2 bags of rice with gnawed corners on the bottom shelf of a prep table.
- High Priority - Time/temperature control for safety food, other than whole meat roast, hot held at less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Table by the cookline: cooked peppers (110F - Hot Holding), as per operator, prepared 1 hour before the inspection. The operator reheated to 166F, and will keep on the stovetop to maintain hot holding temperature of 135F or hotter. **Corrected On-Site**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Closure Date: 10/31/2023
- High Priority - From initial inspection - Operating with an expired Division of Hotels and Restaurants license. **Warning** - From follow-up inspection 2023-10-28: Operating with an expired Division of Hotels and Restaurants license. **Time Extended** - From follow-up inspection 2023-10-30: Operating with... an expired Division of Hotels and Restaurants license. **Time Extended** - From follow-up inspection 2023-10-31: Operating with an expired Division of Hotels and Restaurants license. **Time Extended**
- High Priority - From initial inspection - Rodent activity is present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed 3 rodent droppings on single service cups on the storage rack across from the preparation sink. Observed 1 rodent dropping inside a single service metal container at a dry storage rack near the walk-in cooler. Employee discarded items. Observed 6 rodent droppings on the floor behind the soda machine near the drive-through area. Observed 9 rodent droppings on the floor near the drive-through window. Observed 3 rodent droppings on hot water heater located near the back exit door. **Repeat Violation** **Warning** - From follow-up inspection 2023-10-28: Observed approximately 9 rodents dropping on the floor near the drive-through window. Observed approximately 9 rodents dropping on the floor behind the oven at the back preparation area. Observed approximately 5 rodents dropping underneath storage shelves across from the walk-in freezer. **Admin Complaint** - From follow-up inspection 2023-10-30: Observed 1 rodent dropping on preparation sink in the kitchen. The manager removed and sanitized the area. Observed approximately 5 rodent droppings underneath dry storage shelves across from the walk-in freezer. Observed approximately 3 rodent droppings on the box of wiping cloths in the dry storage area across from the walk-in freezer. **Admin Complaint** - From follow-up inspection 2023-10-31: Observed one rodent droppings inside of single service lid box at dry storage. The manager discarded the box of single service items. Observed approximately four rodents dropping on the floor behind the water heater. The manager cleaned up the area. Observed no evidence of rodents dropping underneath dry storage shelves across from the walk-in freezer. **Admin Complaint**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Recent Interesting Reports
I ordered a virgin margarita and grilled mahi fish tacos. It wasn't long after I made it home that I was rushing to the bathroom. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting
CDC, public health and regulatory officials in several states, and the FDA are investigating a multistate outbreak of Listeria monocytogenes infections linked to HMC Farms peaches, nectarines, and plums. As of November 17, 11 people infected with the outbreak strain of Listeria have been reported from 7... states (CA, CO, FL, IL, KS, MI, and OH). All of them have been hospitalized, one person got sick during their pregnancy and had a preterm labor, and 1 death has been reported from California. Sick people’s samples were collected from August 22, 2018, to August 16.
On October 23, the FDA collected a sample of HMC Farms peaches for testing and found Listeria in it. On November 6, WGS showed that the Listeria in the peaches are closely related to bacteria from sick people. This means that people likely got sick from eating these peaches.
On November 17, HMC Farms recalled whole peaches, plums, and nectarines sold in stores nationwide between May 1 and November 15 in 2022 and 2023. These products were sold in 2lb bags branded “HMC Farms” or ”Signature Farms”. Also sold as individual fruit with a sticker that has “USA-E-U” and a number Yellow peach: 4044 or 4038, White peach: 4401, Yellow nectarine: 4036 or 4378, White nectarine: 3035, Red plum: 4042 and Black plum: 4040. Conventional fruit (not organic).
CDC is advising people not to eat, sell, or serve recalled fruit.
In case you are experiencing Listeria monocytogenes symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
3 weeks ago
WanaBana USA is voluntarily recalling WanaBana Apple Cinnamon Fruit Purée pouches due to reports of elevated levels of lead found in certain units of the product. WanaBana Apple Cinnamon Fruit Purée Pouches were distributed nationwide through online and retail stores. Four illnesses have been reported to date....
Lead is toxic to humans and can affect people of any age or health status. Protecting children from exposure to lead is important to lifelong good health. Lead exposure in children is often difficult to see. Most children have no obvious immediate symptoms. If you suspect that your child might have consumed this product, parents should talk to your child’s healthcare provider about getting a blood lead test. Lead poisoning can only be diagnosed through clinical testing. Although signs and symptoms of lead toxicity vary, short-term exposure to lead could result in the following symptoms:
Longer term exposure could result in additional symptoms:
-Muscle aches or muscle prickling/burning
-Occasional abdominal discomfort
-Difficulty concentrating/Muscular exhaustibility
The affected product information is as follows: Product Name: WanaBana Apple Cinnamon Fruit Puree in 3-pack pouches of 2.5 oz.
- Batch: 10022:21. Units: 33165.
- Batch: 11022: 08. Units: 22185.
- Batch: 11022:09. Units: 23730.
- Batch: 11022:10. Units: 33420.
- Batch: 11022:12. Units: 12120.
- Batch: 11022:14. Units: 29025.
- Batch: 11022:15. Units: 32085.
- Batch: 11022:16. Units: 34860.
- Batch: 12022:23. Units: 64170.
- Batch: 01023:03. Units: 48735.
- Batch: 01023:17. Units: 62235.
- Batch: 01023:23. Units: 67590.
- Batch: 01023:27. Units: 60975.
- Batch: 01023:30. Units: 101205.
- Batch: 01023:31. Units: 99180.
- Batch: 02023:07. Units: 84780.
- Batch: 02023:18. Units: 129600.
- Batch: 04023:23. Units: 96090.
- Batch: 04023:24. Units: 138240.
- Batch: 04023:25. Units: 64395.
- Batch: 04023:26. Units: 68805.
- Batch: 05023:08. Units: 85950.
- Batch: 05023:09. Units: 101520.
- Batch: 05023:10. Units: 89460.
- Batch: 05023:11. Units: 95535.
- Batch: 05023:15. Units: 88605.
- Batch: 10022:31. Units: 33165.
North Carolina’s analyses came back with elevated concentrations of lead which could result in acute toxicity. WanaBana USA has initiated a voluntary recall of the affected batches and is working with the FDA to investigate the source of the contamination.
Consumers who have purchased WanaBana Apple Cinnamon Fruit Puree Pouches with the specified batch numbers and expiration dates are urged to stop using the product immediately and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Parents and caregivers of toddlers and young children who may have been exposed to lead should contact their healthcare provider to report their symptoms and receive care.
If you or your child are experiencing symptoms after eating this product it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist seek medical attention.
Company name: Wanabana LLC
Brand name: Bindle Bottle LLC
Product recalled: Wana Bana Apple Cinnamon Fruit Puree 2.5 oz
Reason of the recall: Elevated levels of lead
FDA Recall date: October 31, 2023
3 days ago
Suspected food poisoning
Source : Wing-stop
Symptoms : Diarrhea, Vomiting, Migraine, Stomach pains, Cramps, Dizziness, Random moments where heart beat quickens, cold sweats, weakness, near fainting when walking
Onset: 48 hours
Duration : 15 hours
Sick: My sister and I
Additional Information: I should have taken this... as a sign to not eat what was delivered but the drink I had received had wear white globs in it. As well as my cousin had also gotten wing-stop and 24 hours later experienced the same symptoms. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps, Weakness, Dizziness, Stomach Pain, Migraine, Other, Sweating
The Evanston Health and Human Services Department (EHHS) alongside Northwestern University, is investigating a norovirus outbreak connected to the popular taco outlet, Big Wig Tacos located at 950 Church St, Evanston, IL. To date, several cases of severe gastrointestinal symptoms following consumption from the establishment have been... reported.
Further investigation revealed that the outbreak was associated with a specific event, "$1 Burrito for Northwestern Students", hosted at Big Wig Tacos & Burritos on Church St, Evanston on November 18, 2023, between 1 p.m. and 8 p.m. Affected individuals reported stomach discomfort, vomiting, and diarrhea within 12 to 48 hours after consumption from the taco joint. In the light of these reports, EHHS, on Nov. 19, conducted an inspection of the establishment where they confirmed the existence of an employee health policy and cleaning procedures.
Upon discovery of the outbreak, the EHHS started a comprehensive probe jointly with Northwestern University. As part of the investigation, an online questionnaire has been circulated to collect additional data regarding this incident. All patrons, regardless of whether they experienced any symptoms, who attended the discount event are encouraged to fill out this form.
Norovirus, commonly confused with the 'stomach flu' or influenza, is a highly contagious virus that leads to severe gastroenteritis, with symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and stomach pain, appearing within 12 to 48 hours of exposure. It spreads through direct contact with an infected person, contaminated food, water, and surfaces. To prevent further spread of this outbreak and protect yourself from norovirus, frequent handwashing with soap and water is recommended. Similarly, afflicted individuals should abstain from preparing food for others or working in a daycare center, healthcare facility, or food service establishment.
In case you experience Norovirus symptoms, report it now. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care
The Mexican pizza taste like it was fried in a chemical. I still can’t get the taste out of my mouth. It is burning in my mouth, chest and throat. I only took two bites. I have the pizza and would like to pay for testing. Do you have any suggestions? | Symptoms: Nausea, Body Ache, Sore Throat
Sunday lunch time. Had a zinger tower meal only meal eaten that day. Now have the issues above. So does my brother who also had the same food. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Pretty sure I have food poisoning. I was the only one in my family who ate a different type of soft tortilla for supper last night. Woke up at 1:30 In the morning with severe violent vomiting then diarrhea started and had both. These violent attacks occurred... about every thirty minutes and lasted about 5 hours | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting
Bought Costco sunset flavor Bombs cherry tomatoes on the vine on 11.17.2023 and both my husband and myself got sick with severe diarrhea. My husband is still sick. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Myco Innovations Inc. is recalling Planet Mushrooms brand Mushroom Soup Mixes due to undeclared sulphites. These products were distributed in Alberta and British Columbia.
The recalled products are:
- Planet Mushrooms Black Truffle Mushroom Soup, 80 g, All codes where sulphites are not declared on the label.... UPC: 6 10840 99555 0
- Planet Mushrooms Lion's Mane Mushroom Chowder, 88 g, All codes where sulphites are not declared on the label. UPC: 6 10840 99556 7
- Planet Mushrooms Wild Morel Mushroom Soup, 80 g, All codes where sulphites are not declared on the label. UPC 0 610840 995536
Do not use, sell, serve or distribute the affected products.
In case you experience harm from these products, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.