IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
The New York State Agriculture Commissioner announced the recall of Aviator's "Dried Tomato Halves" by S. Katzman Produce due to the presence of undeclared sulfites. This product may have been distributed in New York State, Connecticut, and New Jersey. To date, no illnesses have been reported to... this Department in connection with this product.
The recalled product is Aviator brand "Dried Tomato Halves" sealed in a clear five-pound plastic bag and labeled with "Lot: 00923/1."
The recall situation emerged through routine testing by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. Inspectors identified that the product contained high sulfite levels, previously unlisted on the product. Sulfites can provoke severe reactions, including anaphylactic shock, in sensitive individuals and some asthmatics.
Sulfite-sensitive consumers who have purchased the recalled "Dried Tomato Halves" are prompted to avoid consumption. People who have severe sensitivity to sulfites may run the risk of serious or life-threatening reactions if they consume this product.
In case you experienced harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
December 3rd Bad shrimp at dinner We are dinner there and split the BBQ shrimp. When we left and got back to our hotel, I threw up after being nauseous and having a headache. My husband just had a headache and nauseous. We felt okay until Monday... when my husband developed a cough and body aches. We now both have a fever, body aches, dry cough, tight chest and stuffy nose | Symptoms: Fever, Headache, Body Ache, Cough, Vomiting, Nausea
Closure Date: 11/28/2023
- High Priority - Employee handled soiled equipment or utensils and then engaged in food preparation, handled clean equipment or utensils, or touched unwrapped single-service items without washing hands. Observed dishwasher handling soiled dishes then pulling clean dish rack from dish machine without... first-hand washing, corrected and re-educated **Corrective Action Taken**
- High Priority - Raw animal food stored over or with ready-to-eat food in a freezer - not all products are commercially packaged. Repacked raw sliced beef and an open package of raw shrimp stored over ready-to-eat French fries in reach in the freezer unit near the cooks line.
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed 6-7 rodent droppings under the hand wash sink and 3-compartment sink area of the kitchen. Observed 2 rodent droppings under the soiled dish rack area of the sink. Observed 4-5 rodents dropping on top of the water heater, in the back room. Observed 3 rodents dropping on time of Dish Washing Machine. Observed 4 rodent droppings on stairs to the upper area of the food and equipment storage area and office. **Admin Complaint**
- High Priority - Time/temperature control for safe food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. A butter blend product on the counter once approx 7 am, no written time plan in place for location, 67° cold holding Whole raw shell eggs on the counter since 10 am 51° cold holding. Cooked on-site red potatoes holding at ambient air since approx 945 am 55° cold holding **Warning**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Closure Date: 11/30/2023
- High Priority - Food-contact surfaces not sanitized after cleaning, before use. Do not use equipment/utensils not properly sanitized. Employee washing and rinsing container lids, no sanitizer step. The operator had the employee set up the sanitizer sink, and sanitized lids. **Corrected On-Site**...
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. In the back storage room with the water heater and seasonings, observed 42 rodent droppings. In the back storage room with single-service items, 6 rodent droppings. **Warning**
- High Priority - Vacuum breaker missing at hose bibb or on fitting/splitter added to hose bibb. Hose bibb outside back door missing backflow preventer. **Repeat Violation** **Admin Complaint**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Closure Date: 11/30/2023
- High Priority - - From initial inspection: High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed approximately 75 rodent droppings on the floor throughout the kitchen. - From follow-up inspection 2023-11-30: Observed approximately 25 rodent droppings on the... floor throughout the kitchen. **Time Extended**
- High Priority - - From initial inspection: High Priority - Rodent rub marks present along walls/ceilings. Observed rodent rub mark on the wall behind the wire rack containing food storage in the kitchen. - From follow-up inspection 2023-11-30: Observed rodent rub mark on the wall behind wire rack containing food storage in the kitchen. **Time Extended**
Source: Florida Department Of Health
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
Suspected source: Garlic, steamed egg, pork belly
Onset: 4 to 12 hours
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Sick: A loved one
Additional Information: Had Korean barbecue (pork belly, beef belly, brisket) along with roasted garlic. Within 4 hours, felt... nauseated. Vomited about every hour throughout the night. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea
Suspected source: Food from Sweetgreen
Onset: 12 to 24 hours
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Date Closed: 2023-08-17
Details: Cockroach Infestation
Source: Orange County Health Care Agency
2 hours ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache
Suspected source: Naked Juice Ginger Carrot Tumeric
Onset: 4 to 12 hours
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Additional information: I had uncontrollable diarrhea all over myself and bed! Can’t eat. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache
Recent Interesting Reports
3 weeks ago
Yesterday between 18:30 and 19:30 A Mac Donald's hamburger I'm sure it was the Mac Donals burger because when I left the restaurant I started to feel unwell (I hadn't eaten anything else since noon (13:30 approx) I spent the whole night with a stomachache | Symptoms: Stomach Pain
Carnival Miracle- 4 day cruise, ending on 11/16/2023. The last thing I ate was a piece of Mediterranean pizza. That morning as I was preparing to leave, severe stomach pains, diarrhea, vomiting.We missed our flight home , checked into a hotel where my friends called 911 to... have me seen . It’s Monday, I am still in Los Angeles,I’ve missed another flight and still in pain at the hospital. Food poisoning, causing colitis and lowered blood pressure( making it unsafe to fly), . Also my electrolytes are out of wack due to diarrhea and not eating . Never would I have imagined this happening. I listed pictures of the foods we at which were similar.. except at dinner time, I am the only one who tried the enchiladas.At tea time I am the only one who tried the lemon cake. I think I was the only one who tried cucumber sandwich. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
Burger, Flipp Burgers | Westfield Parramatta, Westfield Parramatta, Church Street, Parramatta NSW, Australia
4 days ago
I ate the double flipp at lunch time on the 2nd of December and on my way home, in my car, I felt nausea and had less than average energy for the rest of the day. The next day I was forced out of my bed early... in the morning because I felt that I needed to do a no.2 but when I disposed my waste it was diarrhea. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
When Food Was Ordered: November 11th 2023
Food That Was Ordered: Hawaiian Pizza and Crazy Bread Combo.
Symptoms: Fever, Diarrhea, Abdominal Cramps. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Fever, Cramps
2 weeks ago
After eating meatballs bought frozen from IKEA , after 20 both of my kids got strong stomach cramps, diarrhea, and the strong vomit for about 20 minutes and more. They only eat meatballs and therefore is for sure due to those toxic meatballs. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps
Got my five year old son a six piece happy meal. The nuggets didn't seem warm at all. He only ate a few and the dog was fed the rest. Within a few hours he started having horrible smelling gas coming from both ends. The next morning... his teacher sent him home due to the smell coming from his body. He had five bowel movements in a matter of just a few hours. His belly was super bloated. Next day he had horrible diarrhea and it still smelled like rotten eggs. The dog also became ill with the same symptoms. Had to take my son to the doctor to be tested for e coli and other gut infections. Made a complaint today with the establishment. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Gas
Publix Super Markets, Inc. has initiated a voluntary recall on specific batches of private label Egg Custard Pie purchased Publix stores in Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach counties between Octo. 20, 2023, and Nov. 16, 2023, that may contain an undeclared coconut allergen. To date, there... have been no reported cases of illness.
- Affected products:
Product: Egg Custard Pie. GTIN# 4141537891. Sold Between: 10/20/2023 – 11/16/2023
The Egg Custard Pie package may contain a coconut pie. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to coconut may run the risk of serious life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume these products.
Consumers who have purchased the product in question may return the product to their local store for a full refund.
In case you experience harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: Publix Supermarkets Inc.
Brand name: Publix Supermarkets, Inc.
Product recalled: Egg Custard Pie
Reason of the recall: Undeclared Coconut
FDA Recall date: November 21, 2023
12/3-12/4. Bought new container of fair life 2percent lactose free milk. Expiration 2024. Had 1/2 cup and started throwing up half hour later. Milk apparently it was bad. It was the only thing different from what I had and my husband had Marked best by March 1 2024. Code fa0740726-207 | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Publix Super Market at The Shoppes at Veranda Falls, Southeast Becker Road, Port St. Lucie, Florida, USA
2 days ago
Bought Fairlife Fat Free Milk... noticed a slight "weird" smell after drinking it. (Supposed to be good until Feb 17th....) Day later- it smelled like crap. Brough it back today and exchanged it for a new container (good until Feb 20th) I smelled it... it has that... same slight weird smell AGAIN. Bringing it back... exchanging for different brand.
1 week ago
FDA announced the recall of 58,473.88 cases of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream: Buttercream Birthday Cake Ice Cream by Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams LLC due to Potential Foreign Material - aluminum and/or stainless steel pieces. This product was distributed nationwide in the US.
The recalled product is:
-... Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream: Buttercream Birthday Cake Ice Cream packaged in paperboard pint cups with heat seals and paper lids - 8 pints per case. Batch/Lot Numbers: 23-004, 23-087, 23-088, 23-118, 23-215 Product Numbers: 5015b (case), 1064b (pint) Manufacturer Number: 26-012
This recall was initiated on 11/9/2023 and its status is ongoing. Do not consume, sell, or distribute the recalled product.
In case you experienced harm from extraneous materials, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.