Jimmy John's, West Greenfield Avenue, Brookfield, WI, USA
Poisoned 2 years ago
West Greenfield Avenue, Brookfield, 53005 Wisconsin, United States
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
“Ate 8pm Tuesday. Wednesday at 3:30 major cramps, bloody diarrhea and nausea. Diarrhea all Thursday. Friday massive migraine and vomiting. ”
“I ate sandwich and that night felt sick. I had loose bowels for two days. Every time I eat this happens. Also had nausea and chills. Ate about two pm on Friday. I felt stomach pain later in eve. Saturday morning I had intestinal cramps and had severe diarrhea. By... Sunday it was loose bowels chills and nausea. I was the only one that had a sandwich from there. ”
“I purchased a number 3 sandwich on April the 18th at approximately 2:35 pm Saturday and there was a chemical taste in it, I couldn't tell exactly what it was it I'm sure it was some kind of cleaner. I don't know if they used it to clean the meat... with or they let spray get in it maybe where they were disinfecting here. It had a chemical taste, the closest I could describe it to is bleach. Burnt and it was about 2:45 at the time by the sandwich and it is almost midnight in my throat is still burning so I'm not sure what was on the sandwich I knew it would be a waste of time to go back and talk to the folks about it, so I'm reporting it here ”
“Report date: Mar 31, 2020
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: found no city of chicago certified food service manager on site and no city of chicago certified food manager certificates posted. Instructed facility that a city of chicago certified food service manager must be on... site at all times when (tcs foods) sandwiches are prepared,handled. Instructed to comply and post original certificates as required. Priority foundation violation 7-38-012.
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: observed no clean up supplies on the premises for vomit and diarrheal events. Management instructed to provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: instructed to provide hand washing signage at all hand sinks (food prep and wash rooms).
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: observed black slimy substances on interior water components of the ice maker,dripping into ice 'ice is used for human consumption'. Management was instructed to turn off machine, remove ice and have interior of ice machine cleaned and sanitized and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005.
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: instructed to properly label and date ready to eat tcs foods held over 24 hours inside coolers. Must identify product shelf life or 'consume by' dating (7 days from preparation date). Priority foundation violation 7-38-005.
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: found no metal stem thermometer for taking food temperatures. Must provide and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: found no pest control log book on site. Instructed to provide a licensed pest control log book with all required documents and maintain on premises. Priority foundation violation 7-38-020(c).
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and organize rear storage room and remove unnecessary articles due to potential pest harborage remaining kept items must be properly stored neatly and at least 6' inches off the floor for easier cleaning.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: found dirty floor underneath the 3-compartment sink. Instructed to clean floors in detail.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: observed several food handling employees without a food handler certificate. Must show proof of training for all employees.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: no allergen training certificate posted on the premises. Management instructed to provide an allergen training certificate for all certified food managers.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Went at 5pm of May 15 2020. Bought Chicken curry, soy chicken and nasi goreng. Me and wife enjoyed them but did not finish coz we dont eat that much. 10pm I started doing number 2. At 12am my wife woke up to go to the toilet. And since then... we are having bad case of diarrhea for every hour. Please check if someone else experienced this from eating at that branch yesterday. Thanks ”
“Ordered two pizza. Nausea and diarrhea it was the only thing I ate in the last 24 hours. ”
“Went with my wife and her friends there and grabbed some burgers. As soon as we got home after eating in the parking lot. Me and my wife instantly had stomach issues. I eat a 90% healthy 10% junk food diet so I am pretty aware of what I’m eating... and consuming. The date was May 23 2020 at around 7:00pm ”
“Chicken tender Only me.// It’s the second time in these months that I eat there and I get sick. I gave it a second chance because I thought it was because of the location I got it first. So, yesterday I ate a chicken tender combo. And in less than... an hour I had a stomachache. It feels like a huge stuck stone in there. I also have diarrhea and feeling very uncomfortable. I don’t understand if that many people are getting sick with it, it doesn’t go to the news to anticipate others... ”
“I go to Gogi Sunday, May 24th and eat my well cooked chicken at 8pm. Fast forward to 5am the next morning, i’m on my knees in the bathroom having an extremely violent vomiting episode. I was vomiting all night to the point where i was only puking up stomach... bile. This is the second korean establishment i’ve been to in Columbus where I’ve had the same exact episode. Clearly, there is some contamination issues. ”
“Ordered 2 of my boys nuggets, one a chicken sandwich and a yogurt cup with Oreo.I had a bite out of my sons sandwich. They ate and about 15 minutes later my youngest threw up and had diarrhea at the same time. My middle son had diarrhea 3x and then... at midnight both woke up puking and diarrhea. My oldest then started to vomit and had diarrhea immediately after. Then I threw up and have been having constant diarrhea. My husband did not eat it( he was at work) and is fine, it’s only us ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us