IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Robotics competition at Lee’s Summit North High School linked to Gastrointestinal Illness outbreak
5 months ago
901 Northeast Douglas Street, Lee's Summit, 64086 Missouri, United States
The Jackson County Health Department (JACOHD) is investigating an outbreak of an unidentified gastrointestinal illness among attendees at a robotics competition held at Lee’s Summit North High School from March 29th - April 1st. The announcement was made on Monday after JACOHD received the first reports of sick attendees. So far, more than seventy cases have been reported, with no diagnosis included, and the majority of these cases are from the metro area.
The competition involved teams from schools outside of Jackson County, including Kansas, Oklahoma, and Brazil, prompting JACOHD to coordinate with the local health departments of the respective areas in order to properly investigate the reports. The risk to the general public is currently low, with reported symptoms being mild and including chills, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, and a low-grade fever.
The health department has reached out to attendees with a survey to gather more information about those who have been affected or who may have been exposed in order to help with the investigation. Those who are still experiencing symptoms are encouraged to contact their local health department for more information about available testing resources.
At this time, the cause of transmission and the exact nature of the illness remains unknown and the investigation is ongoing. JACOHD encourages participants to complete the survey in a timely fashion to assist with the investigation.
In case you or a loved one experience vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea, after attending this event, it's important to report it now. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Suspected source: Coleslaw, ketchup
Onset: 4 to 12 hours
Duration: Less than 4 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
2019 meat fogo de chao spent a whole night in the hospital hooked to IV | Symptoms: Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Closure Date: 09/13/2023
- High Priority - Ready-to-eat, time/temperature control for safety food marked with a date that exceeds 7 days after opening/preparation. Observed tuna prepped on 8/29 in the silver reach in cooler in the back and salmon prepared on 8/28 in the 2 door... reach in cooler by the kitchen. Advised operator to discard items. **Warning**
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed in the dry storage area: 120+ rodent droppings on the top of table by 2 bags of rice, cases of sweet potatoes, cooking oil, and bags of onions, on the same table: 20+ rodent droppings on the bottom shelf nearby cases of cooking oil, paper storage shelf: 30+ rodent droppings on paper bags, 50+ rodent droppings on the floor underneath the paper storage shelf, 20+ rodent droppings underneath the mop sink nearby the cookline, and in the dry storage area: 30+ rodent droppings alongside the walls and behind 2 stand up reach in coolers. **Warning**
- High Priority - Shell eggs not stored at an ambient air temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit or less. Observed raw shell eggs (73F - ambient temperature ) in the reach in cooler in the kitchen and raw shell eggs (56F - Ambient Temperature) in the reach in cooler in the back prep area. As per operator, all food stored inside the reach in coolers overnight. **Warning**
- High Priority - Stop Sale issued due to food not being in a wholesome, sound condition. Observed in the dry storage area: 120+ rodent droppings on the top of table by 2 bags of rice with gnawed corners. **Warning**
- High Priority - Stop Sale issued on time/temperature control for safety food due to temperature abuse. Observed raw fish (53F - Cooling); cod fish (56F - Cold Holding); salmon (60F - Cold Holding); silver reach in cooler: butter (63F - Cold Holding); front counter reach in cooler: cream cheese (52F - Cold Holding); milk (46F - Cooling); butter (52F - Cold Holding) Observed tuna prepped on 8/29 (62F - Cold Holding) in the silver reach in cooler in the back and salmon prepared on 8/28 (43F - Cold Holding) in the 2 door reach in cooler by the kitchen. Advised operator to discard items. As per operator, all food stored inside the reach in coolers overnight. **Warning**
- High Priority - Time/temperature control for safety food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Observed raw fish (53F - Cooling); cod fish (56F - Cold Holding); salmon (60F - Cold Holding); silver reach in cooler: butter (63F - Cold Holding); 2 door reach in cooler in the kitchen: prepped salmon on 9/5 (42F - Cold Holding); front counter reach in cooler: cream cheese (52F - Cold Holding); milk (46F - Cooling); butter (52F - Cold Holding). As per operator, all food stored inside the reach in coolers overnight. **Warning**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Closure Date: 09/12/2023
Due to a cockroach and fly infestation. The vermin created an immediate health hazard. The restaurant received a "B" grade, which must remain posted until removed by the department.
My daughter got coffee at Scooters Coffee on her way home this morning, she has had non stop diarrhea for the last 3 hours and counting. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
For 24 hours after eating there I felt like death. Should of known literally no one there at 6 on a Saturday. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
Wednesday June 7, 2023, we ate small plates at happy hour. Shared three items: prime rib sliders, chicken tostada bites, and spicy popcorn shrimp. By the time we got home we both had upset tummy and diarrhea. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Headache
Suspected source: Chick-fil-a
Onset: Right away
Duration: Less than 4 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Headache
Recent Interesting Reports
Bought lucky charms and I am experiencing diarrhea, vomiting. Stomach pain My entire household that consumed it is experiencing the same symptoms. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
Tuesday last week Hatch Valley Green Chile salsa Medium 505 I threw away the bottle so don’t know the code or date | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
Hardy Affineur & La Mère Richard Selles sur Cher fermier cheeses - recalled due to E. coli STEC O103H2
2 weeks ago
RappelConso issued a recall of Hardy Affineur & La Mère Richard Selles sur Cher fermier cheeses due to the presence of E. coli STEC O103H2. These products were distributed nationwide in France.
The recalled products are Hardy Affineur & La Mère Richard brands Selles sur Cher AOP... fermier cheeses, Lot 59-216. Use-by date 09/27/2023.
Packaging: bare or blister-packed
Marketing date: 08/21/2023
Storage temperature: Store in the refrigerator
Health mark: FR 41.043.003 CE
Geographical area of sale: Entire France
Distributors : EDOUARD CO TEAM OUEST
Published on: 09/08/2023
Recall End Date: 09/22/2023
If you have the recalled products in your home, please do not eat them.
In case you are experiencing E. coli symptoms such as watery diarrhea (often bloody), vomiting; stomach cramps; and mild fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Morrisons is recalling Morrisons Spanish Chorizo Ring because it contains Salmonella. This product was recalled in England, Scotland and Wales.
Morrisons Spanish Chorizo Ring, Pack size: (200g), Best before: 08 December 2023
If you have bought the above product do not eat it. Instead, return... it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund (with or without a receipt).
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: Morrisons
Product recalled: Morrisons Spanish Chorizo Ring
FSA Recall date: 09/14/2023
I got a shake, banana and peanut butter, a medium and had less than half. 2 hours later was vomiting profusely and then diarrhea. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
Aug 23 Chicken alfredo I got so sick I ended up in the hospital with an occlusion in my intestines due to the food poisoning causing and infection which led to a blockage | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Other
Yesterday I ordered a baked potato through drive-through at 11:15 am. I told them put chives on the side, and I wanted it plain. In the bag was sour cream, no silverware or napkins, no salt or pepper, and chives all over the potato. After I scraped... them off, the potato was squishy and had a bitter aftertaste. After 5 or 6 bites, it was difficult to eat. About an hour later, my stomach hurts, am nauseous, have the worst heartburn and burning in the back of my throat, have a headache, chills, and an upset stomach (gas and rumbling). This morning, I’m still feeling nauseous and my stomach is upset (gas and rumbling). | Symptoms: Nausea, Headache, Chills, Gas, Heartburn, Stomach Pain
Severe intestinal pains, gas, nearly vomited. I ate a different cereal over the past few days and had no symptoms so I don’t think it was the milk. Ordered from Amazon. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Gas
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache
Suspected source: Pork chorizo
Onset: Right away
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Sick: 5 people
Additional information: Bought at Food 4 Less on Avenue S | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache
4 weeks ago
Ate half of the container the same night i bought it from walmart on 8/30/23, and got sick about an hr later. Package says Best By 9/6/23. Vomiting multiple times, diarrhea, chills, and stomach pain symptoms. I will not be buying this again. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Chills