IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Hannaford Supermarket, Forest Avenue, Portland, ME, USA
Deeply suspect packaged spinach greens purchased from there., on 5/23/21. Symptoms started 3-4 hours after eating, with stomach ache. Diarrhea came soon after, with fairly solid material at first, but fully liquid and urgent in the middle of the night. No symptoms the next day. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain
I purchased two 1.25lb female lobsters. They streamed them for me. I got home and ate them immediately. I had abdominal cramping, followed by watery diarrhea within an hour after. It's the next day and the cramps are gone, but diarrhea is still present. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Cramps
This is the second time separated by 3 days with their tub of chocolate chip cookies from the bakery seemingly the only common thread. Just me. 6hours after consumption. Ate about 5 cookies .. the smaller one, 24 to the tub. First, you have poop, the as... you do pain in you lower abdomen. The poop becomes runny fast and ends in water. Then really bad abdomenal pain, 6 or 7 , then lie down and a steady 2. Manageable but immobile. Last time I ate 18 cookies over 2 days and was sick for 3 days. This time much more sick, much faster.
June 25, 2021 | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Other
Company name: Avanti Frozen Foods Pvt. Ltd
Brand name: Censea, Hannaford, Open acres, Honest catch, COS and others
Product recalled: Frozen shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined (with some packaged with cocktail sauce)
Reason of the recall: Salmonella
FDA Recall date: June 25, 2021
Recall details: Avanti Frozen... Foods Pvt. Ltd, with an abundance of caution, is recalling certain consignments of various sizes of frozen cooked, peeled, deveined, shrimp (with some packaged with cocktail sauce) sold in various unit sizes, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
The frozen shrimp products were distributed nationwide from late December 2020 to late February 2021 Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis. The affected product details are as below. The brand names of the products are: Censea/Hannaford/Open acres/Waterfront Bistro/Honest catch/COS/365/Meijer.
- CENSEA, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail Off Shrimps IQF (2 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 140313D, 140314D, 140315D, 140316D. Expiration Date 5/7/2022, 5/8/2022, 5/9/2022, 5/10/2022.
- CHICKEN OF THE SEA, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF with Cocktail Sauce (16oz). Container Description: Polythene Trays. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 91AS/02UN/216, 91AS/03UN/217. Expiration Date 5/1/2022, 5/2/2022.
- HONEST CATCH, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF (1 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 3150-GFF. Expiration Date 44874.
- CWNO, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF (7 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 91AS/06UN/220D, 91AS/07UN/221C, 91AS/23HN/206B, 91AS/24HN/207. Expiration Date 1/23/2022, 1/24/2022, 2/6/2022, 2/7/2022.
- HANNAFORD, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF (1 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code AVF 30920 EF, AVF 31020 EF. Expiration Date 10/25/2022, 10/26/2022.
- WATERFRONT BISTRO, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF with Cocktail Sauce (16oz). Container Description: Polythene Trays. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 20305, 20306. Expiration Date 10/30/2022, 10/31/2022.
- OPEN ACRES, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF (1 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 02572 0307 11, 02572 0308 11. Expiration Date 11/2/2022, 11/3/2022.
- 365, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF (2 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 91AS/29HN/212B, 91AS/30HN/213,. Expiration Date 4/29/2022, 4/30/2022.
- MEIJER, Frozen Cooked, peeled and deveined, Tail On Shrimps IQF (1 LB). Container Description: Printed Polythene Pouch. Storage Instructions: Frozen. Code 29720 49982, 29820 49982, 30220 50736, 30320 50736, 30520 49486, 30620 49486, 30920 50737, 31020 50737. Expiration Date 10/22/2022, 10/23/2022, 10/27/2022, 10/28/2022, 10/30/2022, 10/31/2022, 11/3/2022, 11/4/2022.
Products not bearing these codes are not affected by or involved in this recall.
There have been 6 reports of Salmonella-related illness to date associated with these cooked shrimp distributions. The potential for contamination was identified by FDA based on its prior testing of frozen cooked shrimp imported by Avanti Frozen Foods that was found to contain Salmonella. Avanti Frozen Foods did not distribute and destroyed that prior shipment found to be violative. The company has taken preventative steps to eliminate the potential for future contamination.
Consumers who have purchased the above product are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Hannaford supermarkets announced the recall of some bakery items made with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning; Size:1.31 Oz; UPC: 5210004973, which is subject of a national recall due to possible salmonella contamination. No illnesses have been reported.
The recalled products are:
- Classic Garlic Focaccia, Size: 12oz.,... Recalled UPC#: 4126871845, produced with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- Classic Focaccia, size: 11oz., Recalled UPC#: 4126871846, produced with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- Classic Asiago Focaccia, Size: 12oz, Recalled UPC#: 4126871847, produced with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- Pepperoni Party Bread, Size: 21oz/Serves 10, Recalled UPC#: 4126875588, produced with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- Hannaford Classic Focaccia, Size: 11oz, Recalled UPC#: 4126875743, produced with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
- Hannaford Classic Garlic Focaccia, Size: 11oz. Recalled UPC#: 4126875744, produced with McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning
The affected products were sold between June 22 and June 27. If you have the recalled products in your home, please do not eat them, throw them away, or returned them to the place of purchase. Hannaford operates 184 stores in New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance.
For more recall details check: hannaford.com
Source: Hannaford supermarkets
Within about an hour of eating my stomach started getting upset. Quickly worsened to diarrhea, sweating, nausea, and nearly fainting and throwing up every time I stand up. I had carbonara and a side of meatballs. I’ve eaten the pork belly Mac and cheese there too and... had an upset stomach so I thought I’d try something different this time and I’m really sick. No particular history of food sensitivities. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Sweating, Vomiting
Fried clams Ate fried clams from here on Tuesday around 2:00pm. Started having diarrhea on Thursday morning and have had it throughout each day and still have it today. Also developed a low grade fever last night into this morning of 99.5. My husband had a lobster... roll and had maybe 6 of my fried clams and has had some stomach distress as well, but not quite as bad as I have. It happened on Thursday, August 26th, | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Fever
Store bought fries I bought frozen fries, went on a 40 minute trip home in 80 degrees temperature, then immediately cooked and consumed the fries. Four hours later I started having upset stomach/nausea and gas. My loved one consumed the same fries the same night, and had... similar symptoms this morning. It happened Last night | Symptoms: Nausea, Gas
I had the fried chicken sandwich. Tasted okay apart from some textural issues with the meat, there was unexpected gristle/cartilage/something that had been deep fried so couldn’t tell it was there until i had a mouthful of it. Had a few drinks as well, they were fine.... Also had fries and split ice cream with my partner. All tasted okay. The bathrooms are deplorable and dirty, I believe this may be the reason I ended up with food poisoning, would really not be surprised to find out there was fecal matter in my food after seeing the restroom that employees and the public share. Another concerning thing was seeing an employee wipe gloved hands on his pants to clean off the gloves. What is the point of wearing gloves if they aren’t going to be kept sanitary and changed when dirty? I was up all night with diarrhea and vomiting as well as blood in my stool. Just trying to rehydrate now but still have no appetite and won’t be trusting this place again, ever. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Other, Bloody Stool, Loss of Appetite