IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Wildflower Bread Company - Terminal 4 Gate A9, East Sky Harbor Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Ate the french fries from Chick-fil-A right before my interview yesterday at 6:00PM. They most likely became contaminated from contact with bacteria from undercooked chicken. Immediately after my interview, I was camping at the toilet from vomiting 5-6 times. A few hours later, I began experiencing diarrhea.... This food poisoning made me too weak to climb the stairs.
#chickfila #foodpoisoning #tx #mansfield | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps, Weakness
At around 1pm on 11/28/2023 I had a slice of pepperoni pizza from the Costco food court. The piece seemed fine but as I made my way towards the crust I bit into a raw section of the crust. Within 10 minutes I became very nauseous and... fought the urge to vomit and got home as soon as I could. I proceeded to violently dry heave for the next hour and finally was able to puke and felt slightly better. Now several hours later I am still a bit nauseous and constantly belching. I think my whole piece tainted and on the undercooked side. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
Kwik Trip, Inc. has initiated a voluntary recall of three varieties of fresh-cut fruit cup and tray products listed below because they contain cantaloupe from TruFresh which has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Products were distributed to Kwik Trip, Kwik Star, Stop-N-Go, Tobacco Outlet Plus... Grocery, and Tobacco Outlet Plus convenience stores in the states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, and South Dakota. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the fruit cup and tray products listed above to date.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare instances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Due to the now expanded recall of fresh, whole cantaloupes by TruFresh, Kwik Trip, Inc. is issuing this recall. Cantaloupes recalled by TruFresh were used as a raw material in Kwik Trip, Inc. fruit cup and tray products listed below.
This recall includes the following fresh-cut fruit cup and tray products containing cantaloupe with sell-by dates of November 4, 2023, through December 3, 2023.
Product Description: MIXED FRUIT CUP, Container Size: 6OZ, UPC: 39779 00240, Sell By Date Range: 11/4/2023 – 12/3/2023
Product Description: CANTALOUPE CUP, Container Size: 6OZ, UPC: 39779 00213, Sell By Date Range: 11/4/2023 – 12/3/2023
Product Description: FRUIT TRAY, Container Size: 16OZ, UPC: 39779 00248, Sell By Date Range: 11/4/2023 – 12/3/2023
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the fruit cup and tray products listed above to date.
Consumers, restaurants, retailers, and wholesalers should not eat, sell, or serve recalled cantaloupe or recalled products containing cantaloupe.
Some consumers freeze cantaloupe for later use. Consumers should check their freezers and throw away recalled fresh or cut cantaloupe that was frozen for later use.
If you cannot tell if your cantaloupe is part of the recall, do not eat or use it and throw it away.
If customers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should return it to their local store for a full refund.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: Kwik Trip, Inc.
Brand name: Kwik Trip
Product recalled: Fruit cups and trays containing cantaloupe.
Reason of the recall: Potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
FDA Recall date: November 28, 2023
Report date: Nov 22, 2023
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: missing handwash sink in newly added unapproved prep area on 2nd floor. Instd to provide handwash sink in same area with hot/cold running water under city pressure. Citation issued 7-38-030(c) priority foundation...
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: raw wood storage cabinet and shelving unit on site. Instd to seal all raw wood so as to be non porous, easily cleanable
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: raw brick walls in newly added 2nd floor prep area. Instd to seal all raw brick so as surface to be non porous, smooth, even and easily cleanable
Report date: Nov 24, 2023
25. Consumer advisory provided for raw/undercooked food
- comments: observed menu does not disclose and inform consumers the specific menu items (steaks) that can be ordered raw or undercooked and the risk consuming such foods. Instructed must disclose and remind such items... with an asterick (*) on all menus and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005, no citation issued
35. Approved thawing methods used
- comments: upon arrival observed an improper thawing method of fish sitting on the food prep table at the rear food prep area. Instructed to use proper thawing methods such as storing the tcs food item in the refrigerator overnight or under cold running water.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed the 3-4 pieces of napkins stored on the back of the toilet in the toilet room on site. Instructed to relocate said paper towels to avoid contaminating hands during handwashing.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handlers without hair restraints. Instructed manager to ensure all food handlers are wearing appropriate hair restraints while in the food prep areas and maintain.
44. Utensils, equipment & linens: properly stored, dried, & handled
- comments: observed food storage bins and lids stacked under one of the rear food prep tables with food build up and not clean. Instructed to clean and invert said food storage bins to avoid contamination clean utensils.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: observed facility using the rubber gloves as sink stoppers for the three compartment sink. Instructed to provide three appropriate sink stoppers and maintain.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: observed in the front food prep area the outlet boxes and the bin where the seasoning shakers are stored with food build up and not clean. Instructed to clean and maintain all mentioned items.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed the floors under and surrounding the in the front, rear food prep area, and inside of the walk-in freezer with food debris build up. Instructed to clean said floors and maintain.
Ate a double qtr pounder, just the burger. It was the only food I had that day and It tasted funny, only finished half. I got violently sick, puking and runs and it's been 4 days now, still puking in mornings and haven't eaten any hard food since that. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
2 weeks ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills, Headache
Suspected source: Egg and sausage bagel
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: Several days
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills, Headache
yesterday 11/11/2023 i ordered canes, i got a box combo, a coke and extra canes sauce. immediently after eating it i got horrible stomache pains so bad i was sweating. i ended up having horrible diareah. this same thing happend before at a worse level two months... ago when i got the same thing from the same canes, it was a horrible stomach pain, sweating, and even vomiting, it used to be my fav place to eat and i went once a week but recently their food and only their food has been making me violently ill. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Sweating, Stomach Pain
Recent Interesting Reports
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Cramps
Suspected source: Poke
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Sick: 2 people
Additional information: Avacado poke bowl, Got avo poke around 2pm Friday afternoon. My sister and I both had diarrhea about 3 hours later... lasting for 5 hours | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Cramps
I bought Cream Whole Swiss Roll and Chocolate Whole Swiss Roll. I ate them with my daughter; and we both got food poisoned. While eating the cakes, we both noticed there were pieces of egg shell inside the cakes.
I started reacting about 6 hours after eating.... The symptom were bloating, and green (close to lime) color poop for two days in a row. My daughter experienced symptoms about 4 hours after eating the roll cakes. She had stomach pain that lasted for a few hours, in combination with slight nausea and green (close to lime) color poop.
Neither of us ate anything green for a few days prior to, and on the day of eating the cakes. | Symptoms: Nausea, Bloating, Stomach Pain, Green Stool
Had nuggets and had diarrhea afterwards. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Ordered the regular sized Club sandwich. Had it Mikes way with nothing else added. Within 4 hours I was having severe stomach cramping and then diarrhea for 3 days. Unable to eat or drink for those days, I ended up in the urgent care being treated for... food poisoning and severe dehydration. The dehydration caused muscle pain and spasms. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Cramps, Dehydration, Muscle Spasms, Muscle Pain
Yesterday and today Bottled water from Costco. Kirkland brand The bottle itself smells | Symptoms: Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
3 weeks ago
Gave my children each a single mini chocolate drumstick before bed, two nights in a row, each night they vomited one time, the only common denominator was the drumsticks. Purchased Item from Stop and Shop Simsbury. | Symptoms: Vomiting
We bought yesterday grilled chicken from Coles in Westfield Helensvale and I got severe allergic reaction with red spots on my cheeks and I was very itchy all over and took anti histamine medication. My husband was also itchy allover the body and was very dizzy at midnight. | Symptoms: Dizziness, Allergic Reaction, Itching
3 weeks ago
Bought some virgils root beer back from Trader Joe’s. Got on and started drinking it, when I felt something in my mouth,..it took it out and put it on a plate next to me, shined my flash light. Only to find a dead mealworm on that plate!... I had almost eating a dead mealworm! Going to call the Trader Joe’s tomorrow but thought you guys should know.
Ate 3 different nights after supper, not sure what ingredient DID NOT agree w/stomach or other possibility? Extreme pain & vomiting frm 2am- 11am, later evening felt better, stup*dity ate more, same things, now days later, SOO SORE FRM THROWING UP | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting