Food Poisoning 5 years ago
“Sick from January 30, 2015 visit”
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
More incidents from:
“Sick from January 30, 2015 visit”
“A italian sub sandwich. Myself, only one ate it. Ate it that morning was sick before dinner time.stomach was upset diarreah rest of night. Early next day. Stomach pains, nausua, low energy. Started Pepto bismo an Gatorade. Later that next night diarreah stopped but stomach still upset an energy, sick.... Next day 2da.3rd day later. My stomach hurt,nausua, very low energy .want to sleep, though diarreah is gone ”
“My boyfriend and I both got a tuna sub and we also got my mom a chicken breast sub. Minutes after I finished mine, my stomach started growling with some pain. I went to the bathroom feeling really nauseous and with bad stomach pain. I had diarrhea along with throwing... up 🤢 while I was in the bathroom, my bf told me he had to use the toilet really bad. Basically we both got sick and my mom was fine. So I’m sure it had to do with the tuna.. First time I get sick from it. ”
“Report date: Feb 25, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: a sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands not provided on exposed hand washing sinks in front prep area. Signs shall be provided at all handshaking sinks used by food employees...
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed that employee wore bracelets on hands while working with food. Must remove all jewelry except plain wedding band from hands while working with exposed food
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previously cited core violations from 7/31/2020 report # 2303962 not corrected as follows: violation #51 backflow prevention devices not located at ice machine-soda machine. Must install so backflow prevention devices or air gap between the water supply inlet and the unit so it may be located to be serviced and maintained violation #51 must repair urinal flush that is not working priority foundation:7-42-090,citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Report date: Feb 20, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: 6-304. 11-washroom ventilation inoperable.... Must repair/replace.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of food handler training or certificates for all required employees. Must provide.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“I believe it was having the Meat Feast. I was horribly sick within a few hours and have how been experiencing diahorrea for the past 2 days Just me, a few hours. I had the meat feast, then me & my friend (who'd had a different Sub but was okay)... went to the cinema. As the film as about to finish I felt queasy and when we got home I rushed to the toilet and was the most sick I'd been while completely sober. I then continued to feel sick throughout the evening. The next day I had diarrhea throughout, and same again today. Also I've had a splitting headache throughout. My eyes esepcially hurt as they're so dry. ”
“CFIA announced the recall of Celebrate brand frozen profiteroles and eclairs by Giant Tiger Stores Limited due to potential Salmonella contamination. There was also a Salmonella outbreak last year related to these products which investigation led to this recall.
CFIA advises consumers to return these products to the place of... purchase or to throw them away.
- Celebrate Mini Chocolate Eclairs (365 g). UPC: 8 858762 720047. All codes
- Celebrate Classical Profiteroles / Classic Profiteroles (325 g). UPC: 8 858762 720009. All codes
The recalled products were sold at the following locations:
- 417 Wellington St., St. Thomas, Ontario
- 350 Scott St., St. Catharines, Ontario
- 29 Chambers St., Smith Falls, Ontario
- 2480 Walkley Rd., Ottawa, Ontario
- 6061 Hazeldean Rd. Stittsville, Ontario
- 4501 Tecumseh Rd. East, Windsor, Ontario
- 330 avenue St-Laurent, Louiseville, Quebec
- 1254 boulevard Louis-XIV, Quebec City, Quebec
- 46 Robie St., Truro, Nova Scotia
Check the full recall notice on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca
Source: CFIA ”
“Myself, my dad and brother met up on the 14th of February and went to eat there. My dad and I order coffee and the house special burger, my brother ordered a coke and a chicken burger, and we shared a garlic bread. On the night of the 15th I... was violently sick multiple times, my dad was too just 8hrs later and my brother had diarrhoea soon after that. I live 100miles away from my family and for us to all fall ill at the same time it can only be down to this restaurant. ”
“FSA announced the recall of Sardines in Tomato Sauce by John West because of suspected bacterial contamination that has resulted in a small number of swollen cans.
FSA advises not to consume these products and to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. The recall is... for two specific batch codes:
- John West Sardines in Tomato Sauce (120g).
Batch code: KX319H. Best before June 2022
Batch code: KX326H. Best before June 2022
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“The chicken tenders 4 family members 3 all under 15 and 1 adult. Within about 30 minutes most all started complaining of stomache aches and need to use restroom. I had to send my 3 nieces n nephew home because they were unable to sit at the table due to... nausea. 2 days in barley feeling better. Vomiting and diarrhea was bad.. ”
“A Daves double burger My grandson left work at 7pm. He was feeling fine all day. I bought him the burger there along with fries and a bottled water. He ate when we got home and around 9pm became nauseous and started throwing up. He could not stop throwing up.... I could not believe how many time he threw up. In the middle of throwing up the diarrhea started. I was going to take him to the hospital but things finally settled down around 4am but he still has diarrhea.
When I called the restaurant to speak with the manager about this a young man came on the phone. I told him what happened and he told me he really wasn't sure what to do and that I could speak with the manager on Monday. He asked my last name and there was a long pause. He came back and said he was trying to get on the computer. Then he said he could give us a coupon. I responded that we would not be eating there again and said thank you and good bye. Their employees are obviously not trained properly. The service is poor, there is never a happy or warm welcome, and most of the employees give you the "They do not want to be there attitude." Wake up. This is a very serious situation that might not have had a good outcome. There should always be someone (an adult) that is trained to properly handle a situation like this. ”
“Sushi My brother and I both ate a type of sushi that I commonly get. My wife did not. A few hours later both my brother and I began feeling nauseous. This morning I broke out into sweats and began projectile vomiting. I have not heard from him yet. I... have some of that same sushi in a take out box. ”
“I got sick from eating seaweed salad , that I bought, Azumi brand, which is Korea farmed. I ate it on February 6th, brand new box, couldn't sleep at night, got up with diarrhea, felt slightly better after vomiting the seaweed. Everything else of my food that I had eaten... the same night was digested, just seaweed wasn't. Had fever forb2b days, headache and diarrhea. Couldn't eat all the time as well. needs to take this seaweed of their shelves asap!!! ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us