Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
More incidents from:
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“FSA announced the recall of Waitrose Duchy Organic Almonds by Waitrose & Partners as they might be contaminated with Salmonella.
FSA advises consumers not to eat the product and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- Waitrose Duchy Organic Almonds (150g). Best before: 28 July... 2020
Check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“I was poisoned by a Cheese omelette on Emirates flight from Dubai to Sydney. Caused severe stomach cramps within two hours of eating it followed by relentless vomiting & diarrhoea for the remaining of the flight. A section of the plane was curtained off whilst a doctor on board checked... my vitals and blood sugar levels. A doctor on ground approved drugs to be administered to stop the cramps & vomiting however I couldn’t keep them down long enough. Upon arrival to Sydney the on-ground medics came aboard and gave me the clear to leave the aircraft. I was eventually taken off the flight in a wheelchair as I was too weak to walk and carry my bags. This was the worst experience I have endured with an illness and thought during the flight that something bad may happen to me; especially with Coronavirus circulating. I was travelling alone. It was just me that became unwell. My flight was Tuesday Feb 11th and I am still experiencing nausea, diarrhoea & lethargy. ”
“Sabra hummus I'm the only one who ate it. Was perfectly fine until about 1 hour after I had it. Violent stomach ache, Diarrhea, vomiting and nausea. It was ordered through Peapod which is a grocery delivery service for them, I don't know where the deliveries originate from. ”
“We had dinner Sunday night. My husband had a burrito but I had a bowl with romaine lettuce. I ate all the romaine but didn’t finish cause i was full. I ate around 7:10pm. I woke up at 5am and I felt nauseous. From 9am-11pm I vomited and had some... major stomach cramps. I had to call my husband to leave work because I started having major cramping and couldn’t stand up to stay alert ”
“Eating from a restaurant. We went there for a meal. My hubby ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with fried rice. The chicken and shrimp was cooked at the table. When I tasted his dish the chicken tasted rotten. He thought it was just bland. He ate his meal. That... night he had a loose tummy several times and vomiting. ”
“I bought the salad mix last night at 5 pm and we both ate it at 7pm and got sick 3 hours after. We both had a salad with their brand Simply Nature spring mix at 7 pm last night We are Nothing else by 10 pm we were both... feeling nauseous and began having diarrhea and cold and fevers 2 people ,My husband and I got sick We are at 7 pm and got sick at 10pm ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us