Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — nausea, fever and vomiting
More incidents from:
“had a philly cheesesteak with spinich tomatoes lettuce and extra ranch dressing ”
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“I had a mango and strawberry smoothie. I drink it on the way to work and started feeling so nauseous and felt like I was about to puke. Now I’m at work on my 1hr break in the restroom with diarrhea! I work at a call center I can’t keep... going to the restroom will I’m on calls. This is my second time at this place and the experience was not good at all! I got sick drinking it while at work ”
“Either of both. Ate a chicken sandwich with fries for lunch with a glass of tap water with ice. Stomach felt a little off a few hours later. Went for dinner and had the Ancient Grains bowl with chicken salad, and an Almond Joy smoothie. I woke up at 3:30am... with intense abdominal pain, had nausea and loose stool. Was up til 5:30am. Woke up again at 8:30 and stomach was hurting, loose stool led to diarrhea. Went to shower and brush my teeth and gagged on the toothbrush, immediately vomited repeatedly, 4 or 5 times. Now lying in bed feeling weak and some abdominal achiness, but better than before I vomited. ”
“My husband and I both had horrible GI symptoms for 3 days. My son said he thought he got sick from here a few weeks ago but there was a lot of crud going around at the time. When we got sick within 3 hours of eating here too, it’s... confirmed. Never again. ”
“Son and I both got sick last night immediately after eat there. He had chicken sandwich and was so bad that we took him to ER which cost me about $900. We were there all night. I too was sick but not as bad. Had lots of diarrhea myself but... his was far worse ”
“A Daves double burger My grandson left work at 7pm. He was feeling fine all day. I bought him the burger there along with fries and a bottled water. He ate when we got home and around 9pm became nauseous and started throwing up. He could not stop throwing up.... I could not believe how many time he threw up. In the middle of throwing up the diarrhea started. I was going to take him to the hospital but things finally settled down around 4am but he still has diarrhea.
When I called the restaurant to speak with the manager about this a young man came on the phone. I told him what happened and he told me he really wasn't sure what to do and that I could speak with the manager on Monday. He asked my last name and there was a long pause. He came back and said he was trying to get on the computer. Then he said he could give us a coupon. I responded that we would not be eating there again and said thank you and good bye. Their employees are obviously not trained properly. The service is poor, there is never a happy or warm welcome, and most of the employees give you the "They do not want to be there attitude." Wake up. This is a very serious situation that might not have had a good outcome. There should always be someone (an adult) that is trained to properly handle a situation like this. ”
“Sushi My brother and I both ate a type of sushi that I commonly get. My wife did not. A few hours later both my brother and I began feeling nauseous. This morning I broke out into sweats and began projectile vomiting. I have not heard from him yet. I... have some of that same sushi in a take out box. ”
“They ate a large pepperoni pizza from here I don't have the receipt on hand to tell the exact time but it was purchased on February 13 2020. An hour or so after eating one child started complaining of stomach pains and started vomiting. An hour after the first child... started complaining about stomach pains the second child started complaining and started vomiting and having diarrhea.
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us