Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — nausea
More incidents from:
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“Had a mix of tacos on June 1st. I got violently ill, vomiting and diarrhea. The others I was with got ill as well and one was hospitalized with an inflamed colon and 102 degree fever. ”
“On 2/10 ordered food via drive thru. Cashier was laughing cutting up. She proceeded to give my bag of food all while laughing. I get home and eat the fries and noticed a horrible taste and it appeared that they were drenched in grease and tasted very old. Im a... long time resident and customer. I am very disappointed and fearful that I could potentially get sick. ”
“Four of us went there for dinner, 3 of us got sick. We had salsa, guacamole, chips, bean and rice burrito, and 3 Chile Rellenos orders.
We can’t pinpoint the culprit as 2 people that ate the Chile Rellenos and the 1 person with the bean and rice burrito got... sick. The 4th person had the same food as the others but never got sick.
We think it could have been the salsa as they brought a 2nd round of salsa to the table in which the 4th person did not have.
The sickness included lots of vomit and diarrhea for about 12 hours. Chills and fever were present. ”
“I opened a can of Pampa Smoked Oysters and got violently ill shortly after eating them. I took pictures of the can with it’s code numbers and expiration date. I had and am continuing to feel extremely sick. I have vomited but still remain ill. I AM THE ONLY PERSON... WHO ATE IT. THE ABDOMINAL PAIN STARTED MAYBE 30 MINUTES. THAT WAS WELL OVER AN HOUR AND HALF AGO. I DO HAVE PICTURES OF THE CONTAINER WITH ALL CODES AND ALSO THE PAPER PACKAGE THAT IT CAME IN. I BOUGHT IT AT A RETAILER TODAY. I ATE THE ENTIRE CAN. ”
“Ate a taco and a veggie tostada which were served with lettuce, cream, and cheese around 8pm. Experienced the worst poisoning of my life due to the complete negligence of the staff in serving unrefrigerated and/or old food. Pretty much lived at the toilet the entire night and puked absolutely... everything in the morning. I’m still out of commission and feel I will be for the next few days. Two others who accompanied experienced similar symptoms throughout the night. AVOID this place at all costs, DO NOT risk catching a nightmare at this place because of their lack of sanitation and care. ”
“Chicken burrito w/brown rice, tomato salsa, lettuce and cheese. About 30 min after I got upset stomach and nasua which turned into violent vomiting and diarrhea, fever got to be as high as 102.5. Still vomiting and diarrhea 3 days later. Went to dr. And agreed it was food poisoning... and may take a week for my gut to get back to normal. ”
“Dim sum. Pork bun,shrimp dumpling,shrimp & beef noodle rolls,sui mai and jasmin tea We stopped here for late lunch early dinner. 3:30 to 4:20 according to our map program. Ordered jasmin tea. We both used the washroom, ate and left. On the way home my partner started getting bad cramps... and nausea. I started getting chest pain. 1 hour later we got home. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us