Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea, fever and vomiting
More incidents from:
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“Friday evening on the February 14th (2020) I had an ordered of gizzards. Around midnight I became very nauseous which followed by vomiting, and diarrhea. It’s now Monday morning. I’m no longer nauseous but the diarrhea is lingering. ”
“Yesterday 17 Feb (Tuesday) around 7.30pm, we got 4ppl went to your restaurant to eat dinner, we ordered plenty of sushi and other dishes. Your sushi is terrible, tasteless, especially salmon sushi and egg mayo, not fresh, I suspected this is the cause that one of my friend got food... poisoning after eat your sushi, vomit and diarrhea since yesterday night, another friend not feeling right after eating your food. I stomachache since yesterday until this morning only recover after I went the toilet. We pay to eat and enjoy your fresh and quality dishes, not food that losing freshness and tasteless. Is it right for a restaurant to serve such awful dishes for a customer especially raw food that can bring a lot of issue after eating if the food losing freshness? Can you bear the responsibility if the customer don't feeling well and get life threatening cause by food poisoning after eating your food? How do your restaurant responsible for our illness after eating your food? ”
“I ate it on Thursday around 2pm started to feel unwell very soon (about 15/30 minutes later) and I’m still ill although slightly better. Muscle ache (now almost gone) and really bad stomach cramps which now come in waves. Overall I feel awfully bloated despite I barely ate anything since.... Found a proof of purchase, It was a reduced price sandwich, Never going to buy it again 🤢 ”
“i had chicken wings last night the 2 of us that ate wings are very ill i called them to let hem know i said im not asking for anything just concerened i have ran a food industry for 20 years and just wanted to let them know i was... told i have the flu and it was going around i advised her it was not the flu and 2 of us sick please look into this i am worried about others they did not take my name or anything . thank you i ate at 6 last night i was very ill by 11 pm the other person got sick about 1 am this morning mine started with sevre stomach pain then vomiting and diarrhea ”
“It was 2 bags for the price of one. Yellow potaoes by open acres. I think a cooked potato. I only ate 25% of it. It tasted real bad. An hour later I have had non stop diarrhea since 10pm. Ate it at 9pm last night. I have taken colliadal... silver then charcoal this am after last episode of diarrhea at 9am but sore all over with sharp pain in lower back and abdomen and intestines feel weird. My husband would not eat any of it. Then this am had heard that some potatoes were left in the ground d too long. 1 hour. ”
“Four of us went there for dinner, 3 of us got sick. We had salsa, guacamole, chips, bean and rice burrito, and 3 Chile Rellenos orders.
We can’t pinpoint the culprit as 2 people that ate the Chile Rellenos and the 1 person with the bean and rice burrito got... sick. The 4th person had the same food as the others but never got sick.
We think it could have been the salsa as they brought a 2nd round of salsa to the table in which the 4th person did not have.
The sickness included lots of vomit and diarrhea for about 12 hours. Chills and fever were present. ”
“I ate Pasta Parmesan and a Fresh Express Veggie Lovers salad mix mixed with Fresh Express Fancy Greens salad mix topped with Fresh Gourmet Italian Seasoned Croutons, purchased from Acme, a bag of mixed peppers, purchased from Lidl, dressed with Brianna's Home Style Rich Poppy Seed dressing. Walkers pure butter... shortbread and theo organic chocolate Nutcracker Brittle. ”
“My child and I ate key lime pie.
Within 4 hours we were both violently ill. My husband called the restaurant and reported the poisoning to the manager, called MD too but was told we would have to wait out the symptoms. MD said most likely salmonella poisoning.Told to hydrate... but can't keep anything down...totally extremely painful and miserable experience. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us