Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
More incidents from:
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I ate the food and started getting pains in my tummy but before I even lef I saw a rat inside the building on the table going through the food boxes this has been worst experience ”
“Eating from a restaurant. We went there for a meal. My hubby ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with fried rice. The chicken and shrimp was cooked at the table. When I tasted his dish the chicken tasted rotten. He thought it was just bland. He ate his meal. That... night he had a loose tummy several times and vomiting. ”
“Chicken sandwich from there I ate the food at approximately 11pm on Thursday night. Yesterday I woke up around 4am deathly I'll with symptoms of food poisoning. In addition to the vomiting and diahhrea I has and still have terrible stomach ctamping ”
“I went to the hospital around the 7th of February. For extreme abdominal pain vomiting nausea hot flashes dehydration from diarrhea February 14th I take the second can from the package and consume another can same results extreme abdominal pains and discomfort I saved the other cans. I was the... only one. Symptoms started just a few hours after eating. The ravioli from Chef Boyardee ”
“Either of both. Ate a chicken sandwich with fries for lunch with a glass of tap water with ice. Stomach felt a little off a few hours later. Went for dinner and had the Ancient Grains bowl with chicken salad, and an Almond Joy smoothie. I woke up at 3:30am... with intense abdominal pain, had nausea and loose stool. Was up til 5:30am. Woke up again at 8:30 and stomach was hurting, loose stool led to diarrhea. Went to shower and brush my teeth and gagged on the toothbrush, immediately vomited repeatedly, 4 or 5 times. Now lying in bed feeling weak and some abdominal achiness, but better than before I vomited. ”
“I was watching tv last night after eating the ravioli earlier yesterday and be an getting stomach cramps, they worsened by the minutes then was followed by a mad dash to the toilet and throwing up And very loose , painful Bowel movements at the same time ! It was... just me . No one in the house was sick ”
“On Sunday February 16th I bought the cookies after a trip to Wal Mart. I brought them home and my 2 year old grandson and I ate a few of them. No one else in the family ate. On Monday i felt bad and when I got home from work... the grandson was sick too. We both had bad diarrhea, vomiting, nausea. It has lasted until at least Wednesday the 19th. We both seem to be getting better now. ”
“FDA announced the recall of plain Peanut Spread products by Nuts ‘N More due to that they might be contaminated with Listeria. No illnesses have been linked to this recall to date.
FDA advises consumers to return these products to the place of purchase for a full refund. The recalled... products were distributed in VA, AZ, MA, RI, ME, AL, IN, and FL.
- Nuts ‘N More Plain Peanut Spread (16 oz plastic jar). Exp: 03/04/2021. Lost code: PB91
Check the full recall notice on the FDA website fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us