Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea, fever and vomiting
More incidents from:
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“My boyfriend and I got the family pack which includes the roast beef and cheese, mozzerella sticks, curly fries, and slides. Im pretty certain that the main problem was the roast beef sandwich because the cheese was more greasy fluid than actual cheese. Cannot be certain though. Niether of us... finished our meal, but we both sampled all the elements. We started experiencing symptoms 15 minutes into our dinner date. These consisted of nausea and stomach cramps. Then, my boyfriend and I rushed back to my apartment, where he had intense diarrhea and I vomited. Nausea and stomach cramps continued through the rest of date night. Sharing my story so that other couples don't have date night ruined for them. This was very disheartening because they used to be one of our favorite fast food joints, but now, I don't think we can go back. ”
“The Food Standards Agency (FSA) announced the recall of 15 varieties of baby food jars by Cow & Gate and sold at Tesco under the concern that these might have been tampered with.
FSA advises not to feed your babies with the recalled products and to return them to the... place of purchase for a full refund. This recall affects only the Cow & Gate baby food jars 7+ months sold at Tesco. Varieties sold in other retailers are not affected by this recall
- Cow & Gate Butternut Squash Chicken & Pasta 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Courgette & Hake Rice 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Creamy Cauliflower Cheese 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Garden Pea & Turkey 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Potato Spinach & Beef 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Potato & Turkey Roast 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Spaghetti Bolognese 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Succulent Pork Casserole 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Tasty Cottage Pie 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Tomato & Courgette Pasta 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Yummy Harvest Chicken 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Apple Crumble 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Banana Crumble 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Peach Apple & Kiwi 7+ months 200g jar
- Cow & Gate Rice Pudding 7+ months 200g jar
You can check the full list of products and the complete recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“Took my boyfriend and friend there. My boyfriend had the marinara sauce and was sick within the hour and all night long. Vomiting, diarrhea, stomachs cramps. It was definitely food poisoning and that was the only thing he ate that we did not. We ate about 4pm and less than... 45 minutes my boyfriend was cramping, vomiting, and diarrhea. ”
“February 1, 2020, at 1:47 PM. I purchased 3 Haagen Daz ice creams, 14 oz size, assorted flavors, at this store. The first one was consumed immediately, the same day. It appeared to be OK. The second one was consumed later that evening. The second one seemed to be OK,... but as I got closer to the bottom, it was obvious it had not been refrigerated properly. The bottom had melted and then refrozen, before I bought it. Ck'd my freezer, the thermometer showed a temp of minus 5 degrees F.
Developed nausea a few hours later that night, then extreme fatigue for the better part of a week, Notified the store manager, of the refrozen ice cream and asked him to ck with his vendor to try to prevent future occurrences. He sent me an email a few days later indicating he wanted to discuss it with me. Saw him Feb 7th, Thursday, at the store. I told him I wanted to discuss it as well but was in a hurry, would do it later when it was mutually convenient. He, not to be put off, followed me down the back stairs and started an apparently prepared speech. YOU ARE MAKING A LOT OF COMPLAINTS. IT SEEMS WE CAN'T PLEASE YOU. NO ONE HAS EVER COMPLAINED BEFORE. He even quoted the ice cream vendor, who was not present, as saying, he, the vendor had never a complaint about melted ice cream, he repeated his speech several more times with the additional filip that, "YOU WOULD BE HAPPIER GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE.”
As background, the store freezer, full of ice cream, had malfunctioned a short time before that. Many pints of ice cream had melted but were refrozen when the freezer came back on. I mentioned to him, at the time, those ice creams should be disposed of. The vendor or he may have been putting a few pints of refrozen, spoiled, ice cream back in the freezer in an attempt to minimize the dollar loss.
Whatever the cause, spoiled ice cream should not be sold. Telling customers to go somewhere else is not an effective way of dealing with concerns about spoiled products. They and the Health Department need to take the necessary steps to prevent future occurrences.
“CFIA announced the recall of Mozzarella Ball cheese by Silani Sweet Cheese Ltd. as they might be contaminated with generic E. coli. The product was distributed to retailers in Ontario province, Canada.
- Silani Mozzarella Ball (260 g). UPC: 0 65052 51369 4. Best Before: 2021.01.08
Check the full recall... notice on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca
Source: CFIA ”
“Ate the special with fried shrimp on Friday evening Jan 17, 2020. My sister and I went to eat and I had about 6 of the shrimp and she had 3. We were both very ill 4 hours later, vomiting, chills, fever, diarrhea. I thought the shrimp tasted unusual and... did not enjoy them. Thought maybe it was just my taste buds. Unfortunately, I am very concerned because I have had MRSA, herpes and issues with my heart. I am 58 and concerned about this infection staying in my system and causing more damage to my overall health. My sister does not have any health issues. I am afraid to go to the doctor because I am afraid they will just think I am being paranoid or a hypochondriac but I am still feeling sick. ”
“I went there Last night got home with my qouter pounder and was eating it and. It was raw I have been so ill went into work and had to be sent home. I couldn’t believe this I would always trust them but now I will never go back ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us