Subway, County Line Road, Madison, AL, United States
Food Poisoning 3 years ago
County Line Road, Madison, 35758 Alabama, United States
“Ate a subway melt”
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
“Ate a subway melt”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“I ate the food and started getting pains in my tummy but before I even lef I saw a rat inside the building on the table going through the food boxes this has been worst experience ”
“I was drinking a Dr. Topper soda from a can. Took several sips and it tasted off. Kind of like that of an antibiotic such as penicillin. I kept drinking it because I was thirsty. Then suddenly I noticed my breathe smelled of ammonia. So I sniffed the drink and... it smelled like urine after taking Amoxicillin. So I had others taste test it and they spat it out. Then I poured it into a glass. To my dismay some hard object about a 1/2 in long which resembles a rat feces fell out and some white fluffy stuff. I was very disgusted and I am scared. Now I am having stitch like pains in my side and my throat feels like something is stuck in it. I called my nurse and poison control. I will go to urgent care in the mornkng. If I don't feel better. Poison control said to dilute the drink by drinking copious amounts of water and not to induce vomiting. She said it may make things worse. I feel very queasy and sick like I probably will vomit on my own. Belching and dry heaving at the moment. Feel anxiety and scared to ever drink a soda again.
Actually me and a family member were hospitalized over the weekend. Turns out the material caused an infection. ”
“I got sick from eating seaweed salad , that I bought, Azumi brand, which is Korea farmed. I ate it on February 6th, brand new box, couldn't sleep at night, got up with diarrhea, felt slightly better after vomiting the seaweed. Everything else of my food that I had eaten... the same night was digested, just seaweed wasn't. Had fever forb2b days, headache and diarrhea. Couldn't eat all the time as well. needs to take this seaweed of their shelves asap!!! ”
“Purchased 2 Papa Burgers Monday evening, my Daughter and I both got sick, she went to school on Monday but called home saying she was sick. I've had bad stomach cramps & headaches and I've been s*ng pure black. Its ruined 3 days plus I still feel bad, my wife... and son are not sick as only my daughter and I had it. When I get better I'll make up a sign and walk back & forth in front of the store which says.
" I bought food here a few hours after eating it I was very sick, it gave me the s*s and bad headaches and a fever, no fun involved in this " ”
“Restaurant pizza with chicken, mushrooms and spinach. One hour later I had terrible cramps, nauseous and vomiting all night, my blood pressure went down, I fainted and hurt my head on the bath tub until my son heard a loud noice and he thought I was dead and took me... to the Emergency Room. This is the worst food poisoning I ever have. ”
“Specially Selected Mussels in Tomato Sauce. Violent shellfish food poisoning. 5 days of vomiting, diarrhea, numbness of the mouth, and hot and cold sweats. Contacted them and they gave us a $16 gift card (what a joke for 2 days of missed work). The forwarded my information to the company... that harvests the mussels. The customer service representative was combative and argumentative, not taking ownership for our sickness at all. My information was forwarded to their insurance company - Hanover Insurance to review. It has been over a month since the incident has happened with no resolution. ”
“At 10:47am on 02/02/2020 I ordered from the drive thru a sausage egg and cheese biscuit meal with an extra hashbrown and a medium coke.
I ate the first hashbrown. No problem. Delicious.
Put the straw in the cup and took 3 pulls on the straw and IMMEDIATELY I knew... I was poisoned. I had to vomit! Dry-heaved a fee times and put my finger down my throat and proceeded to vomit for 10 minutes+/-.
What was in that cup? I dont know. Cleaning products maybe? AND I'm scared to think what else ”
“CFIA announced the recall of the marketplace of the plain Peanut Spread products by Nuts ‘N More due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria. No illnesses have been linked to this recall to date.
CFIA advises consumers to return these products to the place of purchase for a... full refund. The recalled products were distributed nationwide.
- Nuts ‘N More Plain Peanut Spread (454 g). UPC: 6 09132 00242 7. Exp: 03/04/2021. Lot code: PB91
Check the full recall notice on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca
Source: CFIA ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us