Subway, Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, Canada
Food Poisoning 3 years ago
Queen Street West, Toronto, M5V 1Z4 Ontario, Canada
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“I ate the food and started getting pains in my tummy but before I even lef I saw a rat inside the building on the table going through the food boxes this has been worst experience ”
“i had chicken wings last night the 2 of us that ate wings are very ill i called them to let hem know i said im not asking for anything just concerened i have ran a food industry for 20 years and just wanted to let them know i was... told i have the flu and it was going around i advised her it was not the flu and 2 of us sick please look into this i am worried about others they did not take my name or anything . thank you i ate at 6 last night i was very ill by 11 pm the other person got sick about 1 am this morning mine started with sevre stomach pain then vomiting and diarrhea ”
“CFIA announced the recall of the marketplace of the plain Peanut Spread products by Nuts ‘N More due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria. No illnesses have been linked to this recall to date.
CFIA advises consumers to return these products to the place of purchase for a... full refund. The recalled products were distributed nationwide.
- Nuts ‘N More Plain Peanut Spread (454 g). UPC: 6 09132 00242 7. Exp: 03/04/2021. Lot code: PB91
Check the full recall notice on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca
Source: CFIA ”
“I came to eat and I left two hours two and a half hours later I started feeling sick vomiting diarrhea headache nausea I went to the doctor they told me I had food poisoning did I came to speak with the owner Super rude told me to stop giving... bad names for the restaurant I tried talking with him he said to leave so now I have to report this ”
“I ordered a keto lifestyle bowl at 2pm for pick up. Ate it by 2:30/245. Then I had dinner plans. As soon as I walked into the restaurant at about 6:30, I was feeling off. I ordered water and it wasn’t helping my nausea. I excused myself to the bathroom... and puked. I had to drive home and I pulled over 4x to puke. It was all undigested food. I didn’t eat anything after it. My husband also got it and he also had chicken but his did not have the red sauce nor did it have guacamole or the mixed greens. I’m still throwing up and have had spurts of watery diarrhea all night. It’s now 3am and I woke up to throw uo more water. I can’t keep anything down. My stomachs still feeling horrible. No cramps just feels bloated. ”
“Eating salad, probably E coli. Happened within minutes I ate the arugula salad with roasted cauliflower , 3 blackberries, and some green peas at 12:30 Stood up from table at 1:00 cramping began immediately. I worked outside for about an hour with a hired hand, all the while, bending over,... walking stooped. Came inside to lie down. Never could get comfortable. Finally at 8 pm , the first vomiting. I thought great. This is the end. Continued vomiting, 9:00, 10:30, 2:30. Not possible to sleep with the severe pains, and nausea. Stayed in bed all day Monday moaning. drinking water. Got up to go to bathroom but the movement so painful it took about 30 m each time I got back to bed for stomach to calm down even the slightest . Supposed to leave Tuesday morning to Dallas to help my son-in-law with the children while daughter out of town business trip. No sleep Monday night. When I got out of bed at 4:30am to catch the flight, I vomited again. Cancelled trip temporarily. Cost my husband and I $400 to reschedule. Not sure now if I can go tomorrow. I cant walk upright. So much abdominal pain. The restaurant rep explained to me that it was not food poisoning but the flu. I know the difference. She then lectured about fresh raw vegetables are not susceptible to food poisoning. I explained that lettuce is especially prone to bacteria if not washed properly.
It was arugula salad with roasted cauliflower ”
“I went for a quick lunch at 2:30 pm on 1-24-2020. Ordered the chicken avacado burrito. I felt very sick at 3 and started vomiting at 3:30. I vomited. Every 20 mins. It got more violent at 5:30. I have been up all night vomiting about every 30 mins or... so. I am currently vomiting bile or stomach acid. Its 8:04am the next day and I got an hour an half sleep. I very rarely get sick so I feel awful. My concern is the chicken was not cooked or the staff is passing some kind of illness. I want to help others to come forward or not get sick. I have dierrea now. Stomach has a lot of pain. I can only sip water which helps to throw up the bile. ”
“Not sure if I'm really going to be sick just having stomach cramps stopped and got a burger ate half of it wonder why it was cold and taste and funny open the sandwich and notice that the meat was wrong in the inside. I just called the store. The... manager was very rude. Cutting me off as I'm speaking. If I become I'll what should I do I just ate it about hour ago. I've started cramping a little bit in my stomach just a little nausea And Diarrhea it's me I'm a 32 yr old adult ”
“Sabra hummus I'm the only one who ate it. Was perfectly fine until about 1 hour after I had it. Violent stomach ache, Diarrhea, vomiting and nausea. It was ordered through Peapod which is a grocery delivery service for them, I don't know where the deliveries originate from. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us