Subway, Union Street, Aberdeen, UK
Food Poisoning 1 year ago
Union Street, AB10 1QS Scotland, United Kingdom
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“It was 2 bags for the price of one. Yellow potaoes by open acres. I think a cooked potato. I only ate 25% of it. It tasted real bad. An hour later I have had non stop diarrhea since 10pm. Ate it at 9pm last night. I have taken colliadal... silver then charcoal this am after last episode of diarrhea at 9am but sore all over with sharp pain in lower back and abdomen and intestines feel weird. My husband would not eat any of it. Then this am had heard that some potatoes were left in the ground d too long. 1 hour. ”
“My husband and I both got food poisoning from the “evolution” tasting menu. We had approximately 16 dishes on the tasting menu; we both began to vomit and have diarrhea all night a few hours after concluding the meal. ”
“Eating from a restaurant. We went there for a meal. My hubby ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with fried rice. The chicken and shrimp was cooked at the table. When I tasted his dish the chicken tasted rotten. He thought it was just bland. He ate his meal. That... night he had a loose tummy several times and vomiting. ”
“FDA announced the recall of Cotija Cheese (Queso Cotija) by Quesos La Ricura because they might be contaminated with Shiga toxin producing E. coli bacteria. No illnesses haven reported linked to this recall.
FDA advises consumers to return these products to the place of purchase for a full refund. The... recalled products were distributed to retail stores in NY, NC, PA, GA, FL.
- Quesos La Ricura Queso Cotija, Cotija Cheese aged over 60 days (12 oz). UPC: 7 69087 00933 6. “Sell By” date May 20, 2020-3 / May 20, 2020-4
The full recall notice is available on the FDA website fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
“I got sick from eating seaweed salad , that I bought, Azumi brand, which is Korea farmed. I ate it on February 6th, brand new box, couldn't sleep at night, got up with diarrhea, felt slightly better after vomiting the seaweed. Everything else of my food that I had eaten... the same night was digested, just seaweed wasn't. Had fever forb2b days, headache and diarrhea. Couldn't eat all the time as well. needs to take this seaweed of their shelves asap!!! ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us