Subway, Walker Road, Windsor, ON, Canada
Food Poisoning 1 year ago
Walker Road, Windsor, N8Y 4T9 Ontario, Canada
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
“Report date: Feb 25, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: a sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands not provided on exposed hand washing sinks in front prep area. Signs shall be provided at all handshaking sinks used by food employees...
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed that employee wore bracelets on hands while working with food. Must remove all jewelry except plain wedding band from hands while working with exposed food
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previously cited core violations from 7/31/2020 report # 2303962 not corrected as follows: violation #51 backflow prevention devices not located at ice machine-soda machine. Must install so backflow prevention devices or air gap between the water supply inlet and the unit so it may be located to be serviced and maintained violation #51 must repair urinal flush that is not working priority foundation:7-42-090,citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Report date: Feb 20, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: 6-304. 11-washroom ventilation inoperable.... Must repair/replace.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of food handler training or certificates for all required employees. Must provide.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“I believe it was having the Meat Feast. I was horribly sick within a few hours and have how been experiencing diahorrea for the past 2 days Just me, a few hours. I had the meat feast, then me & my friend (who'd had a different Sub but was okay)... went to the cinema. As the film as about to finish I felt queasy and when we got home I rushed to the toilet and was the most sick I'd been while completely sober. I then continued to feel sick throughout the evening. The next day I had diarrhea throughout, and same again today. Also I've had a splitting headache throughout. My eyes esepcially hurt as they're so dry. ”
“had a philly cheesesteak with spinich tomatoes lettuce and extra ranch dressing ”
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“Rice Cây dừa Bought the 50 pound rice , eat for 2 months. Feeling not good. Last week I try to sate the rice over the pan the rice burned very fast becoming like a plastic after sate . I stop eat it for a week but still headache, floating... and tiredness all the time . The family of 3 we all eat it for about 3 months , we eat about 15 pounds. The white rice call Gạo cây dừa ”
“I opened a can of Pampa Smoked Oysters and got violently ill shortly after eating them. I took pictures of the can with it’s code numbers and expiration date. I had and am continuing to feel extremely sick. I have vomited but still remain ill. I AM THE ONLY PERSON... WHO ATE IT. THE ABDOMINAL PAIN STARTED MAYBE 30 MINUTES. THAT WAS WELL OVER AN HOUR AND HALF AGO. I DO HAVE PICTURES OF THE CONTAINER WITH ALL CODES AND ALSO THE PAPER PACKAGE THAT IT CAME IN. I BOUGHT IT AT A RETAILER TODAY. I ATE THE ENTIRE CAN. ”
“My father and his two friends got food from there. All three got sick (nausea, vomiting, cramps, diahrrea about an hour after eating. The friends got better after a few days, but dad got worse.
Over time he was vomiting everything he ate and could only handle fluids.... Over the next few weeks he had the following: Increased abdominal pain, diahrrea, vomiting, dehydration, lethargy.
Dad kept getting worse, he thought It might be stomach flu, but I didn't. Dad missed Doctor's appointments (he's on dialysis) on and off, for about a month. He got so sick he missed 2 appointments in a row and hadn't had dialasys for 5 days - which is VERY BAD.
With his dialasis, he sometimes got sick after, but this was different. He was literally screaming in pain and delerious.
They took him away in an ambulance, screaming in agony. He stayed in hospiral 11 days.
Turned out he had an abdominal obstruction and severe inflammation and infection, caused by.....severe food poisoning. They put him on an I.V, had to sedate him, give him strong pain meds, shoved a tube up his nose and into his bowrls. They drained several LITERS of infected fluid from his intestines. They told me that if he'd waited one more day, he'd have died. Died.
This all goes back to the day he went to there. They have always been crappy; missing more thsn one item, wrong change and more than once my hamburger or egg mcmuffin was ice cold and so stale, it seemed like it was in the first stages of rigor mortis. Plus the fries were burned more than once and I'd gotten attitude (from regular staff, not the msnagers) whenever I had to go back and fix the issue (I'd stopped going there way before my dad got sick).
I don't know if any others have suffered food poisoning and/or dysentery at the hands of this particular reasturant, but I wouldn't be surprised.
But, after ALL THIS, nobody I know will even go near that place again!!! ”
“CFIA announced the recall of Mark-Crest 3" Butter Tart due to plastic pieces presence. No illnesses or injuries have linked to this recall to date.
The recalled products were distributed to Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario.
- Mark-Crest 3" Butter Tart (4.6 kg). UPC: 056623112323. Codes: 102819-1-000 to 102819-20-000
You... can check the full recall notice on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca ”
“FDA announced the recall of frozen Superfood Smoothie Kits by Blendtopia because of the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. There have not been any illnesses reported linked to this recall.
FDA advises consumers to discard these products or return them to the place of purchase. The recalled products... were distributed nationwide and sold at select retailers and through online sales.
- Blendtopia Superfood Smoothie Kits “Glow”, “Detox”, “Energy”, “Immunity” and “Strength”. Labeled: Best By July 2021, Best By Oct 2021, and Best By Nov 2021.
Check the full recall notice on the FDA website fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
“We ate in January 2020 on a Friday. I had the mahi mahi sandwhich with coleslaw. Next morning around 4 am I had bad diarrhea stomach cramping. Since then I've had stomach pains and my stools havent been the same or regular. ”
“Pesto Had pesto on cheese and crackers last night. New container of Genoese fresh basil pesto. Best before date 14 March 2020. QR code 9 417606 000470. Had 5 crackers at 10pm with pesto on. Woke up at 1:00 with reflux symptoms, burning in chest. Woke up at 4:00 feeling... nauseous, diahorrea then 2 hours later vomiting- unable to keep anything down. Severe stomach cramps. The thought of the pesto makes me feel more nauseous. Had nothing to drink or eat since. ”
“went there to eat dinner at 5:13 p.m. January 29th 2020. Chicken Bowl. Chicken Quesadilla Me and my daughter went there and ate a chicken bowl Guacamole chicken quesadilla small soda and chips 5 minutes into the mail my daughter jumped up ran to the restroom holding her mouth and... stomach and the restroom she was vomiting we disregard the meal I took her out of the place and my symptoms were headaches and nausea ”
“I had purchased oysters for me and my girlfriend for Valentine’s Day and we prepared them raw and ate them at 6:00pm by 6am the next day I was seriously ill throwing up fever and couldn’t tolerate any liquids my body felt weak and couldn’t even stomach food. The by... 5:00pm my girlfriend was having extremely bad vomiting and terrible diarrhea it followed by chills and couldn’t stomach any fluids or solids. It’s the only thing we ate that differs from anyone our household and nobody else got sick. ”
“Had a salmon with a pesto pasta, I also had 1 slice of a margarita pizza. That was on feb-16-2020 around 8pm
Even though the service was horrible due to the fact that they were very busy, the food tasted delicious.
That's all I had all day as for food....
A bit after leaving the restaurant my stomach was cramping and 4 hours after my dinner I got sick. Only i got sick ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us