Subway, West Main Street, Kalamazoo, MI, United States
Food Poisoning 3 years ago
West Main Street, Kalamazoo, 49009 Michigan, United States
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“On Wednesday 29th January, I ate for lunch (12PM): chicken thigh, pasta, kale, broccoli and sweet potato, with parsley pesto dressing. I started getting mild stomach cramps in the late afternoon. Mild nausea developed at 6PM and diarrhea began at 6.30PM. Fever started at 8PM and my temperature peaked at... 11PM (39.6'C). Over the next 24 hours, the diarrhea has intensified (been to the toilet 12+ times) and so has the nausea, and I am still experiencing stomach cramps, although the fever subsided around 2PM on the 30th January. ”
“Either the peri salted chips or the chicken wrap Just me, and I started having a fever & feeling really hot whilst in the restaurant. Left restaurant and started having belly pains. Was in the cinema when it started getting worse & I had the urge for flatulence / go... to the toilet and since having gone the toilet (which was not pretty) I need to go every 15 mins or so plus continued flatulence ”
“The hamburgers texture taste was not fresh it wasn't like the usual. My head after a hour or less has a migraine and I puked in front of my girlfriend. I was the only one who ate the spicy chicken nuggets and the double stack with ketchup only I also... had a grape Sprite. I got sick around a hour or less after I had consumed the food. ”
“Eating from a restaurant. We went there for a meal. My hubby ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with fried rice. The chicken and shrimp was cooked at the table. When I tasted his dish the chicken tasted rotten. He thought it was just bland. He ate his meal. That... night he had a loose tummy several times and vomiting. ”
“My husband and I both got food poisoning from the “evolution” tasting menu. We had approximately 16 dishes on the tasting menu; we both began to vomit and have diarrhea all night a few hours after concluding the meal. ”
“An order made through grub hub from the nearest location to us. My wife and I ordered the Seafarer meal. My wife got violent ill 2 hours after consuming. I was not affected. My wife now has a rash all over her face. Wife and I ate the sea fairer... meal. Wife got sick after 2 hours of consuming. I was fine. Wife now has rash all over her face. ”
“We, a party of two, had explosive diarrhea, vomiting , fever, body shakes approximately 12 hours after we ate at the restaurant. We did not eat together anywhere else , or spend time for weeks prior. This was/is very serious food poisoning! ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us