Subway, Westgate, Wakefield, United Kingdom
Food Poisoning 3 years ago
Wakefield, WF1 United Kingdom
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea and fever
“Report date: Feb 25, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: a sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands not provided on exposed hand washing sinks in front prep area. Signs shall be provided at all handshaking sinks used by food employees...
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed that employee wore bracelets on hands while working with food. Must remove all jewelry except plain wedding band from hands while working with exposed food
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previously cited core violations from 7/31/2020 report # 2303962 not corrected as follows: violation #51 backflow prevention devices not located at ice machine-soda machine. Must install so backflow prevention devices or air gap between the water supply inlet and the unit so it may be located to be serviced and maintained violation #51 must repair urinal flush that is not working priority foundation:7-42-090,citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Report date: Feb 20, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: 6-304. 11-washroom ventilation inoperable.... Must repair/replace.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of food handler training or certificates for all required employees. Must provide.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“I believe it was having the Meat Feast. I was horribly sick within a few hours and have how been experiencing diahorrea for the past 2 days Just me, a few hours. I had the meat feast, then me & my friend (who'd had a different Sub but was okay)... went to the cinema. As the film as about to finish I felt queasy and when we got home I rushed to the toilet and was the most sick I'd been while completely sober. I then continued to feel sick throughout the evening. The next day I had diarrhea throughout, and same again today. Also I've had a splitting headache throughout. My eyes esepcially hurt as they're so dry. ”
“had a philly cheesesteak with spinich tomatoes lettuce and extra ranch dressing ”
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“(Sick from a product bought, not directly from the chain itself). Two infected within a two-week period from the Weis Australian Mango Sorbet. I was the first one to fall ill from this product and have had diarrhea for a fortnight now, haven't been able to eat at all under... doctor's orders due to the damage done by this sorbet. The second one ill was a family member, projectile vomiting within the hour of eating it. This product should be recalled. ”
“guy having flu, not wearing a mask and still working and serving. in this covid season, i dont really know understand why employee was sick was allowed to work without wearing mask even if not covid season, it is basis hygenic issue 101 to wear a mask if you are... having flu. so when i highlight the issue the on.duty manager. she made me waited 30mins and doesnt realy care about it instead she just asked me talk to her supeior on the phone which made me.waited another 30mins. Her superior doesnt even concern at all. some.more there is no.hand sanitizer at the.cashier. If this is the health standard i will boycott them and support local barister instear. ”
“After dinner down the street at a restaurant, my 8-year old son indulged in a full scoop of Rainbow Sherbet on a sugar cone. I warned him that it was too big and that he might get sick. 4 hours later he barfed up our expensive night out. I recall... thinking that the ice cream didn’t seem very cold...and that the medium rare Pepper Steak we had earlier wasn’t hot. All night with his head in the toilet and a slight fever, I suspect food poisoning. I don’t have symptoms but I also didn’t have the ice cream. Urgent Care in the morning. ”
“Hamburger We were in Tallahassee for a new student orientation which she is missing today because she’s so sick. We ate dinner last night around 6 o’clock in the evening and she started getting nauseated in the middle of the night and started throwing up very severely and diarrhea at... around six in the morning. ”
“On Monday January 27th 2020 I stopped by I purchased. & ate chicken tenders and potato wedges at about 7:30 p.m. at about 9:30 p.m. I was actually speaking to a manager at an establishment about a waitress position in the midst of talking I begin to feel light-headed dizzy... very nauseous hot flashes and I suddenly passed out I fell into the manager and fell to the floor and begin to vomit uncontrollably and begin to have diarrhea uncontrollably. & rushed to the hospital. I've been contacting the health department to try to get someone out to investigate and also trying to find out where I can find out if there are other cases at this location where other people have been sick ”
“The Food Standards Agency (FSA) announced the recall of several Müller yogurt products due to the potential presence of metal pieces, which make these products unsafe to consume.
FSA advises consumers not to eat these products and to return them to the place of purchase instead. The recalled products are... the following:
- Müller Corner Fruit 6 Pack – Cherry & Blackberry/Raspberry. (6x143g). Best before: 04 Mar.
- Müller Corner Fruit 6 Pack – Strawberry & Peach/Apricot. (6x143g). Best before: 26 Feb, 02 Mar.
- Brooklea Light Fruit 6 Pack – Raspberry and Cranberry, Strawberry. (1050g (6x175g)). Best before: 20 Feb, 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Greek Yoghurt – Strawberry. (4x125g). Use by: 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Yoghurt Multipack – Mixed. (6x165g). Use by: 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Fruit Yoghurt – Strawberry. (165g). Use by: 04 Mar.
- Müller Corner Favourites 6 Pack – Strawberry, Vanilla/Chocolate Balls & Digestive Biscuit. (6x130/143g). Best before: 03 Mar.
- Müllerlight 6 Pack – Strawberry, Cherry & Raspberry/Cranberry. (6x160g). Best before: 07 Mar.
- Müllerlight – Cherry Single. (1x160g). Best before: 13 Mar.
- Müllerlight 6 Pack – Mango/Passionfruit, Peach/Pineapple & Mandarin. (6x160g). Best before: 14 Mar.
- Müllerlight Greek – Strawberry. (4x120g). Best before: 07 Mar.
- Müller Rice 6 Pack – Apple & Raspberry. (6x180g). Use by: 08 Mar.
- Müller Bliss Mascarpone Style Yogurt – Peach & Apricot. (4x110g). Best before: 10 Mar.
- Brooklea Light Strawberry Single Pot. (175g). Best before: 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“Either of both. Ate a chicken sandwich with fries for lunch with a glass of tap water with ice. Stomach felt a little off a few hours later. Went for dinner and had the Ancient Grains bowl with chicken salad, and an Almond Joy smoothie. I woke up at 3:30am... with intense abdominal pain, had nausea and loose stool. Was up til 5:30am. Woke up again at 8:30 and stomach was hurting, loose stool led to diarrhea. Went to shower and brush my teeth and gagged on the toothbrush, immediately vomited repeatedly, 4 or 5 times. Now lying in bed feeling weak and some abdominal achiness, but better than before I vomited. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us