IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami Subs Grill, North Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL, United States
Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
6 years ago
My husband ate a veggie sub from this restaurant July 6th, 2017. Hours later he began vomiting profusely, and then diarrhea started. The illness then spread to our entire family... 5 additional people. 3 trips to the ER were made. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Last night my husband and I went to this location, I ordered a chicken Cesar salad and he had the Philly cheese steak. Both sick, diarrhea, vomiting.
This location is under construction and the lights inside were off. But we thought maybe it was just the dining... area. Clearly, the entire restaurant is not safe. Because we are literally dying! | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
The CDC is investigating a gastrointestinal illness outbreak linked to the Scarlet Lady ship operated by Virgin Voyages with Voyage Dates: October 8–October 13, 2023. Voyage number: 10000687. 66 passengers have reported being ill during the voyage out of a total of 2,198 passengers onboard. Of the... 1,163 crew members, 7 have reported being ill during the voyage. The predominant symptoms are abdominal cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. The causative agent is still unknown.
In response to the outbreak, Virgin Voyages and the crew aboard the ship reported the following actions:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection procedures according to their outbreak prevention and response plan.
- Collected stool specimens from gastrointestinal illness cases for testing.
- Isolated ill passengers and crew.
In case you experience vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea, report it now. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
4 months ago
Got some of their store brand yogurt all of the family members were immediately sick.
This was verified by the store manager and myself. I’m really nervous about getting stored frozen food from the stores. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
Closure Date: 06/15/2023
- High Priority - Cooked/heated time/temperature control for safety food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within 6 hours. Item in reach-in cooler next to fryers: noodles (48F - Cooling). Owner stated item placed in cooler the previous day:... noodles (48F - Cooling).
- High Priority - Cooked/heated time/temperature control for safety food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 70 degrees Fahrenheit within two hours and from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within six hours. See stop sale. Item in reach-in cooler next to fryers: noodles (48F - Cooling). Owner stated item placed in cooler the previous day: noodles (48F - Cooling).
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed 14 rodent droppings on floor behind fryers next to back door. **Warning**
Source: Florida Department Of Health
Closure Date: 05/03/2023
- High Priority - - From initial inspection : High Priority - Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Observed one flying insect in kitchen area **Warning** - From follow-up inspection 2023-05-03: At callback violation... not observed. **Time Extended**
- High Priority - - From initial inspection : High Priority - Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed approximately 18 live roaches in the following areas: 4 live roaches at wall next to mop sink Approximately 10 live roaches inside bin at prep table that has tools and a sealed bag of sugar 1 live roach on prep table 1 live roach on floor under prep table. Operator removed plastic bin with tools and placed outside of establishment. Operator killed and discarded live roaches in prep area 2 live roaches on floor next to reach-in cooler across from grill **Corrective Action Taken** **Repeat Violation** **Admin Complaint** - From follow-up inspection 2023-05-03: At callback no change. Observed 5 live roaches in the following areas: 2 under beer cooler at bar area 2 on floor under mop sink 1 on floor under grill area. Operator killed and discarded and wiped down area **Admin Complaint** **Corrective Action Taken**
- High Priority - - From initial inspection : High Priority - Spray hose at dish sink lower than flood rim of sink. Spray hose at triple sink hangs lower than flood rim of sink - From follow-up inspection 2023-05-03: At callback no change. Time needed to repair **Time Extended**
Source: Florida Department Of Health
Closure Date: 05/02/2023
- High Priority - Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. 1) observed approximately 2 flying insects at front counter landing on pre wrapped food. 2) observed approximately 20 flying insects at triple sink floor... drain at front counter. 3) observed approximately 10 flying insects in employee bathroom off back kitchen. 4) observed approximately 13 flying insects in back kitchen landing on half cut avocado and prep table. Operator arrived and cleaned floor drains, disposed of avocado. Operator started killing flying insects through out establishment. Observed approximately 5 flying insects in employee bath room after operator went through killing flying insects. **Corrective Action Taken** **Warning**
- High Priority - Raw animal food stored over or with unwashed produce. Observed raw shell eggs over unwashed produce in both refrigerators Person in charge had employee move eggs to bottom shelf. **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority - Stop Sale issued due to food not being in a wholesome, sound condition. Observed flying insects landing on half cut avocado on prep table. Operator disposed of avocado.**Corrective Action Taken** **Corrective Action Taken** **Warning**
- High Priority - Time/temperature control for safety food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Observed in glass door reach in cooler at front counter: wraps and sandwiches with cut tomatoes (45F-48F - Cold Holding) Person in charge moved all sandwiches and wraps to another reach in cooler to cool. **Corrective Action Taken*
Source: Florida Department Of Health
11 months ago
I had a large Caesar salad with broiled grouper here. 6.5 hours later started having stomach cramping and severe diarrhea followed by multiple episodes of forceful vomiting, shaking chills and fever, which lasted for almost 24 hours. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chills, Shaking, Cramps
I got super full woke up to super diarrhea | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Cramps, Chills, Stomach Pain
My wife and I are on our Honeymoon in Key West Florida. We came back to our Hotel room around 2 pm after a morning full of tourists activities. We decided we wanted to get some food because we were both very hungry and had only ate... a very light breakfast earlier that morning. Neither of us felt like leaving the room so we decided to use Door dash. I ordered the jambalaya and my wife got chicken strips & fries. The jambalaya was most definitely the worst tasting I've ever had, but it cost $24 and I was very hungry so I picked through and ate most of the meat before I couldn't stand to eat anymore. With in 30 minutes I was scrambling for the bathroom with severe diarrhea, a couple hours later I began vomiting. It hasn't let up yet and that was over 30 hours ago. Nothing I have taken has helped or even slowed it down. This has ruined the later half of my honeymoon and I will not forget it or ever eat at a here again!
Also, my wife said the chicken strips were pretty much terrible. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Last night/early this morning, Crab chowder.We ate there between 6 - 7 pm on Sept 18th. Also had chicken wings which were on the cold side | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache
Recent Interesting Reports
FDA announced the recall of 8,959 packages of California Baking Company Telera Bread (La Torta Bread) by California Bread Co. due to an undeclared allergen: milk. This product was distributed in California.
The recalled product is:
- California Baking Company Telera Bread (La Torta Bread), 6 pack... (26 oz) and 12 pack (58 oz), plastic bags. Lot numbers include the color of the kwik lok closure tag and exp. date as follows: Blue NOV04, Yellow NOV06, Tan NOV08, Red NOV10, Blue NOV11, and Yellow NOV13.
This recall was initiated on 11/3/2023 and its status is ongoing. Do not consume, sell, or distribute the recalled product.
In case you experienced harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Had the Classic Carol chicken salad, pimento cheese and the grape salad. Shared the pimento with another person who thankfully did not get sick. Was feeling ill within 12 hours. Had diarrhea, heat flashes, stomach cramps and vomiting. The diarrhea was the worst as it was watery... and constant for about 16 hours from onset. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps
Ordered 3 tortilla soups and went to bed only to wake up 6 hrs later running back and forth to the toilet. Had cramps and chills w headache for 2 days. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Cramps, Headache, Chills
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Nausea, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache
Suspected source: Planters Peanuts
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Additional information: Dizzy | Symptoms: Nausea, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache, Dizziness
TESCO The Growers Harvest Garden Peas - recalled due to potential contamination with an unknown berry
1 week ago
The FSAI announced the recall of The Growers Harvest Garden Peas (frozen) by TESCO due to the possible contamination of an unknown type of berry, which may pose a risk to customers if consumed. This product was distributed in Ireland.
The recalled product is The Growers Harvest... Garden Peas (frozen) 900g, with codes:
- Best Before: Jan-25. Batch codes: 23196, 23197, 23198, 23199, 23200
- Best Before: Feb-25. Batch codes: 23237, 23238, 23239, 23240
- Best Before: Mar-25. Batch codes: 23256, 23257, 23258, 23259, 23260, 26261
- Best Before: Apr-25. Batch codes: 3275, 23276, 23277
Consumers are advised not to eat the affected product.
In case you experience harm from this product, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
5 days ago
I was very sick diarrhea very bad after eating cleaners, salted dry, roasted peanuts Dry roasted peanuts I still have I have a pack that I could not eat because it turn my stomach that quick. It was the Shell station in DeVille, Louisiana. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Ordered pad Thai with grilled chicken for lunch. Usually don’t eat breakfast so this was the first and only meal I ate on that day. Within 3 hours of the meal, I had stomach pains start to appear, and within a few hours of that excessive vomiting.... After vomiting, I experienced a fever and severe abdominal pain for the rest of the day. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain
Diarrhea vomiting fever next 2 day diarhea hospitol bacteria infection and hives stayed 24 hrs at hospital | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever
Yesterday at 5pm I just wanted to re0rt it in case others are sick A chicken burrito from Chipotle (11745 I-10 Suite 401, San Antonio, TX 78230) that was delivered by door dash | Symptoms: Other, Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Bix Produce of Little Canada, MN., is issuing a voluntary recall of Grab N’ Go containers of cut cantaloupe and mixed fruit cups due to the potential for Salmonella contamination in the products. These cantaloupe products were derived from cantaloupes that were involved in the recent Malachita... cantaloupe recall. The affected cantaloupe products were distributed from October 19th through October 20th, 2023, and were sold in the states of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin at convenience stores, delis, and business cafes. To date, there have been no illnesses reported related to products distributed by Bix Produce.
-Consumers, restaurants, retailers, and wholesalers should not eat, sell, or serve recalled cantaloupe or recalled products containing cantaloupe.
-Consumers who may have frozen cantaloupe or cantaloupe products for later use should check their freezers and throw away any recalled products.
-If you cannot tell if your cantaloupe is part of the recall, do not eat or use it.
These products are beyond their usable shelf-life and are no longer expected to be in commerce.
Brand: Created Fresh!, Item Description: CANTALOUPE FRUIT CUP GRAB N’ GO, Item Number: 19703, Pack/Size: 5.75 OZ EACH, Lot Code: SELL BY DATES OF 10/25/2023 AND 10/26/2023
Brand: Created Fresh!, Item Description: MIXED FRUIT CUP GRAB N’ GO, Item Number: 19721, Pack/Size: 5.75 OZ EACH, Lot Code: SELL BY DATES OF 10/25/2023 AND 10/26/2023
Brand: Jack & Olive, Item Description: MIXED FRUIT CUP J&O, Item Number: 23355, Pack/Size: 5.75 OZ EACH, Lot Code: SELL BY DATES OF 10/25/2023 AND 10/26/2023
No other products distributed by Bix Produce are being recalled.
The recall was initiated after a supplier notified Bix Produce that they had delivered recalled Malachita cantaloupes to Bix Produce and that those had been processed and distributed by Bix Produce.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: Bix Produce
Brand name: Multiple brands
Product recalled: Fruit Cups containing cantaloupe
Reason of the recall: Potential for Salmonella contamination
FDA Recall date: November 30, 2023
Source: Check the full recall details on fda.gov