Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — vomiting
More incidents from:
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“I ate the food and started getting pains in my tummy but before I even lef I saw a rat inside the building on the table going through the food boxes this has been worst experience ”
“We went to Reno for vacation and we decided to eat. The meat was like a pinkish color. We went to an arcade later that night and when we got to my cousins house we were fine. We went to sleep and at 1am my cousin starts throwing up .... After my other cousin started throwing up and so did I. Forever ruined my appetite ”
“Restaurant pizza with chicken, mushrooms and spinach. One hour later I had terrible cramps, nauseous and vomiting all night, my blood pressure went down, I fainted and hurt my head on the bath tub until my son heard a loud noice and he thought I was dead and took me... to the Emergency Room. This is the worst food poisoning I ever have. ”
“Arrived Jan 30, 2020 with a group of 11 adults. Second day into trip we spent the day at the side pool. Few of us had a tequila shot and mojito. Simultaneously, 5 of us became very ill. Vomiting, could not stand up, passing out and blacking out. We have... no memory of the rest of the day. Only thing I remember is being dragged up the stairs to my hotel room by life guard and other staff member. Thankfully, the members of the group who did not get affected ensured we were cared for. When I woke up, I had hot/cold flashes and vomited bile for the next 10hrs. ”
“On Wednesday 29th January, I ate for lunch (12PM): chicken thigh, pasta, kale, broccoli and sweet potato, with parsley pesto dressing. I started getting mild stomach cramps in the late afternoon. Mild nausea developed at 6PM and diarrhea began at 6.30PM. Fever started at 8PM and my temperature peaked at... 11PM (39.6'C). Over the next 24 hours, the diarrhea has intensified (been to the toilet 12+ times) and so has the nausea, and I am still experiencing stomach cramps, although the fever subsided around 2PM on the 30th January. ”
“Ate a taco and a veggie tostada which were served with lettuce, cream, and cheese around 8pm. Experienced the worst poisoning of my life due to the complete negligence of the staff in serving unrefrigerated and/or old food. Pretty much lived at the toilet the entire night and puked absolutely... everything in the morning. I’m still out of commission and feel I will be for the next few days. Two others who accompanied experienced similar symptoms throughout the night. AVOID this place at all costs, DO NOT risk catching a nightmare at this place because of their lack of sanitation and care. ”
“Had dinner at this branch with my family. the 4 of us got sick a few hours after we ate the shrimps. Vomitting Diarrhea. We would like to report the toilet as well. It was filthy so can you just imaging the kitchen. We are reporting this to DOH so... people wouldbe aware specially the restaurant owner..This is not the first time, since some of our friends were there a few eeks ago and same experience happened. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us