Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea, fever and vomiting
More incidents from:
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“FSA announced the recall of Sardines in Tomato Sauce by John West because of suspected bacterial contamination that has resulted in a small number of swollen cans.
FSA advises not to consume these products and to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. The recall is... for two specific batch codes:
- John West Sardines in Tomato Sauce (120g).
Batch code: KX319H. Best before June 2022
Batch code: KX326H. Best before June 2022
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“We went to the restaurant Sunday February 16, 2020 11:30 , 11 people , two different tables. We all 11 people started to get sick between Monday afternoon and Monday night. We have have one person is vegetarian got sick too, could it be E Coli? ”
“Food served by company vendor made a lot of employees sick Lunch served in company mess by the vendor caused food poisoning with lot of employees. It also came under the notice of company and they informed that it happened because od t ”
“We bought 2 beef wraps from there around 21:00 on the 28th of January 2020 via Uber Eats, the food arrive at 21:40. We ate and went to sleep. At 01:00 on the 29th of January 2020. I started having cramps and diarrhea which later evolved into nausea. My friend... started having cramps around 04:00 on the 29th of January 2020 ”
“Publix deli meats as well as the molded bagels we received when we ordered the groceries from the app. My fiance and I ordered groceries on February 9th in the food we ordered was a bag of Bays New York bagels. After ingesting the bagels in a time period of... 1 hour I had vomited. My fiance was nauseous and getting sicker by the minute. After looking closely at the bagels I realized they had clearly visible green mold spots in the bread as well as moisture and black powdered spots on the bottom of the bag. On the bagels we used Publix brand deli meat which once I smelled the bag. Honestly smelled like a gym locker ”
“On Wednesday 29th January, I ate for lunch (12PM): chicken thigh, pasta, kale, broccoli and sweet potato, with parsley pesto dressing. I started getting mild stomach cramps in the late afternoon. Mild nausea developed at 6PM and diarrhea began at 6.30PM. Fever started at 8PM and my temperature peaked at... 11PM (39.6'C). Over the next 24 hours, the diarrhea has intensified (been to the toilet 12+ times) and so has the nausea, and I am still experiencing stomach cramps, although the fever subsided around 2PM on the 30th January. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us