Food Poisoning 5 years ago
“Steak must have been bad...”
1 person had — nausea and vomiting
More incidents from:
“Steak must have been bad...”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“I opened a can of Pampa Smoked Oysters and got violently ill shortly after eating them. I took pictures of the can with it’s code numbers and expiration date. I had and am continuing to feel extremely sick. I have vomited but still remain ill. I AM THE ONLY PERSON... WHO ATE IT. THE ABDOMINAL PAIN STARTED MAYBE 30 MINUTES. THAT WAS WELL OVER AN HOUR AND HALF AGO. I DO HAVE PICTURES OF THE CONTAINER WITH ALL CODES AND ALSO THE PAPER PACKAGE THAT IT CAME IN. I BOUGHT IT AT A RETAILER TODAY. I ATE THE ENTIRE CAN. ”
“The Food Standards Agency (FSA) announced the recall of several Müller yogurt products due to the potential presence of metal pieces, which make these products unsafe to consume.
FSA advises consumers not to eat these products and to return them to the place of purchase instead. The recalled products are... the following:
- Müller Corner Fruit 6 Pack – Cherry & Blackberry/Raspberry. (6x143g). Best before: 04 Mar.
- Müller Corner Fruit 6 Pack – Strawberry & Peach/Apricot. (6x143g). Best before: 26 Feb, 02 Mar.
- Brooklea Light Fruit 6 Pack – Raspberry and Cranberry, Strawberry. (1050g (6x175g)). Best before: 20 Feb, 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Greek Yoghurt – Strawberry. (4x125g). Use by: 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Yoghurt Multipack – Mixed. (6x165g). Use by: 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Fruit Yoghurt – Strawberry. (165g). Use by: 04 Mar.
- Müller Corner Favourites 6 Pack – Strawberry, Vanilla/Chocolate Balls & Digestive Biscuit. (6x130/143g). Best before: 03 Mar.
- Müllerlight 6 Pack – Strawberry, Cherry & Raspberry/Cranberry. (6x160g). Best before: 07 Mar.
- Müllerlight – Cherry Single. (1x160g). Best before: 13 Mar.
- Müllerlight 6 Pack – Mango/Passionfruit, Peach/Pineapple & Mandarin. (6x160g). Best before: 14 Mar.
- Müllerlight Greek – Strawberry. (4x120g). Best before: 07 Mar.
- Müller Rice 6 Pack – Apple & Raspberry. (6x180g). Use by: 08 Mar.
- Müller Bliss Mascarpone Style Yogurt – Peach & Apricot. (4x110g). Best before: 10 Mar.
- Brooklea Light Strawberry Single Pot. (175g). Best before: 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“I bought 2% blue cap milk at 130pm 2/2/2020 for my kids breakfast Monday 2/3/2020. My 9yr old son had milk and at school his stomach started hurting. At 930 the nurse called of my son symptoms. I took him to urgent care. They thought it could be appendicitis. Took... him to Baptist ER and they diagnosed him with a stomach virus. Later today my husband and daughter had milk during dinner and 10min later they also felt stomach pain. The milk exp. 2/22/2020. I have noticed this particular location loves to leave their restocking item on the floor without refrigerating until staff finally gets to it. Thank god we found my sons cause ”
“Chicken Salad Within an hour of eating a small chicken salad sandwich, symptoms started. I assumed I was just not feeling well so I didn’t think anymore about it. Symptoms subsided within 4-5 hours. I have been well all day but again had a small chicken salad sandwich for dinner... tonight. Same symptoms within 1-1/12 hours after eating. I’ve thrown out the product. ”
“On 2/10 ordered food via drive thru. Cashier was laughing cutting up. She proceeded to give my bag of food all while laughing. I get home and eat the fries and noticed a horrible taste and it appeared that they were drenched in grease and tasted very old. Im a... long time resident and customer. I am very disappointed and fearful that I could potentially get sick. ”
“Either of both. Ate a chicken sandwich with fries for lunch with a glass of tap water with ice. Stomach felt a little off a few hours later. Went for dinner and had the Ancient Grains bowl with chicken salad, and an Almond Joy smoothie. I woke up at 3:30am... with intense abdominal pain, had nausea and loose stool. Was up til 5:30am. Woke up again at 8:30 and stomach was hurting, loose stool led to diarrhea. Went to shower and brush my teeth and gagged on the toothbrush, immediately vomited repeatedly, 4 or 5 times. Now lying in bed feeling weak and some abdominal achiness, but better than before I vomited. ”
“She was feeling at first faint and sweaty then she began feeling nauseous. I told her to get out of the car to get fresh air and drink some water. Then she started dry heaving then throwing up and she still doesn’t feel well. It’s been 19hrs from the time... she ate the beyond burger. She has the beyond burger. One person got sick. It began a few hours after she ate the meal and she had all of those symptoms above including sweating and malaise. ”
“My family of 5 all went there then the next day felt sick and nauseous from the food. We had cheese pizza and the salad bar. From salad bar we had salad, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, dried cranberries, broccoli, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes. My kids stared off with a high... fever then throwing up, decreased appetite, headache, sneezing and a severe cough. Then me and my husband caught it after them almost immediately. We've been sick for over a week since going there. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us