Subway, West International Airport Road, Anchorage, AK, United States
Food Poisoning 3 years ago
West International Airport Road, Anchorage, 99518 Alaska, United States
1 person had — vomiting
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“Ordered cheeseburgers for myself my 1,3, 4 year old last night. Within a few hours my 3 year old was projectile vomiting, middle of the night I started vomiting, the 1 year old has had 3 Diarrhea diapers and won’t eat, my 4 year old woke up at 4am projectile... vomiting and diarrhea. ”
“The Food Standards Agency (FSA) announced the recall of Vegetable Lasagne by Iceland as they may contain foreign materials like pieces of plastic or rubber.
FSA advises consumers not to eat this product and to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
- Iceland Vegetable Lasagne... (500g). Best before: 03 August 2021.
Check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“Either of both. Ate a chicken sandwich with fries for lunch with a glass of tap water with ice. Stomach felt a little off a few hours later. Went for dinner and had the Ancient Grains bowl with chicken salad, and an Almond Joy smoothie. I woke up at 3:30am... with intense abdominal pain, had nausea and loose stool. Was up til 5:30am. Woke up again at 8:30 and stomach was hurting, loose stool led to diarrhea. Went to shower and brush my teeth and gagged on the toothbrush, immediately vomited repeatedly, 4 or 5 times. Now lying in bed feeling weak and some abdominal achiness, but better than before I vomited. ”
“Bought groceries around 4pm. Steak (Angus Ny Strips and Salad were in the cart) Placed in the fridge for later consumption. When I took 1 piece of the raw steak, the one underneath had a grey color under it, but the one I went to cook was all pink. 9pm... rolls around, and I cook up the steak until brown all the way through, using salt and pepper to taste. Cut it up, mixed it into my salad. Used Italian dressing (olive garden). 1 hour later, I threw it all up. (I drank Ice Mountain water with it)
Bought steak last week, (exact type) cooked it, and ate it without any issues, but neither pieces of steak had any discoloration at all, so that could mean something.
Conclusion: Steak or the Salad caused me to get sick. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us