Subway, West Monroe Street, Mount Pleasant, IA, United States
Food Poisoning 3 years ago
West Monroe Street, Mount Pleasant, 52641 Iowa, United States
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — diarrhea and nausea
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I had a mango and strawberry smoothie. I drink it on the way to work and started feeling so nauseous and felt like I was about to puke. Now I’m at work on my 1hr break in the restroom with diarrhea! I work at a call center I can’t keep... going to the restroom will I’m on calls. This is my second time at this place and the experience was not good at all! I got sick drinking it while at work ”
“Not certain, but all 3 of us had this. A few hours later spouse starts feeling nauseous, followed by my 7 year old then myself. 2 hours later my son starts vomiting a lot. We still only feel queasy. Our son has woken up every hour give or take and... vomited. Gave him Nauzene and sips of water. No fever, no diarrhea he just can’t really keep anything down. 2 adults 1 child. Just a few hours after eating. We all had burgers, child was the only one to eat bacon. ”
“Not sure where but says of feeling like death. Horrible stomach pain and nausea , diarrhea, swollen glands. Dizzy. Fever, body aches. So far three sick. Not certain from where. Symptoms have been going for four days for one. Just a horrible stomach bug type with fever and body aches.... Headache. Swollen glands. Vomiting, diarrhea the whole bit ”
“Ate on 15/2/2020, 1900 hrs. Four pax. Dishes included oysters, lobster and scallops. Only oysters were shared among the family. Next day, vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea and high fever for all four. Other family members who did not go to restaurant had no symptoms. Previously ate here in 2019 and had... food poisoning. Was not sure it was specifically this outlet that time, but after this experience am highly certain. ”
“Blue cheese I got sick the night I ate the blue cheese this was my first time really eating blue cheese but I was the only one who ate it in my house and the only one that got sick I was sick for like a week with nausea vomiting... and now diarrhea has started but I am feeling better since it has started, also I could not eat or smell food during the duration of being sick ”
“FDA announced the expansion of the recall of Premo and Fresh Grab sandwiches products to include over 50 varieties with a Best By date of 2/6/20 and prior because they might be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The original recall was published by Lipari Foods on January 6th and expanded the... first time on January 13th. No illnesses have been reported to date linked to this recall.
FDA advises consumers to discard these products or return them to the place of purchase. Lipari began the distribution of these products on Dec 20, 2019, to foodservice and retailers in AL, FL, IA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, OH, PA, TN, WV, and WI.
You can check the full list of recalled products and the recall notice on the FDA website fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
“I went out to eat with my daughter's and their friends. There was a total of 6 of us.
My two daughter's and their two friends became I'll within a couple hours after eating at the restaurant. Their symptoms were vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, and stomach upset. They all were... really sick all night long. Haven't checked on them recently. My one daughter was so sick she couldn't drive home after dropping off her boyfriend.
Paid a pretty penny $123.00 for a meal that made 4 out of 6 of us sick. The one thing they all had in common that I didn't have and my daughter's boyfriend didn't have was their drink. They all had Pepsi. The meal consisted of those that got sick Faburge, Chicken Bravocado, Porter BBQ Bacon Cheeseburge, and a RAM Ckassic Cheeseburger.
“Ate half of an Impossible Whopper, after a quick nap, woke up to non-stop diarrhea and vomiting, hiving and very sensitive to motion, was not able to hold a sip of water and did not seem to end or come out.
I had no health insurance, so ran around town... trying to qualify for a ER visit, it was my first time because I’m able to handle a lot of things and rarely get sick; I was honestly scared.
After going to work the next week, I over heard one co-worker state she had to go to the ER for eating the Impossible Whopper as well, she was trying it for her ulcers. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us