IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Ate the french fries from Chick-fil-A right before my interview yesterday at 6:00PM. They most likely became contaminated from contact with bacteria from undercooked chicken. Immediately after my interview, I was camping at the toilet from vomiting 5-6 times. A few hours later, I began experiencing diarrhea.... This food poisoning made me too weak to climb the stairs.
#chickfila #foodpoisoning #tx #mansfield | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps, Weakness
At around 1pm on 11/28/2023 I had a slice of pepperoni pizza from the Costco food court. The piece seemed fine but as I made my way towards the crust I bit into a raw section of the crust. Within 10 minutes I became very nauseous and... fought the urge to vomit and got home as soon as I could. I proceeded to violently dry heave for the next hour and finally was able to puke and felt slightly better. Now several hours later I am still a bit nauseous and constantly belching. I think my whole piece tainted and on the undercooked side. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
Kwik Trip, Inc. has initiated a voluntary recall of three varieties of fresh-cut fruit cup and tray products listed below because they contain cantaloupe from TruFresh which has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Products were distributed to Kwik Trip, Kwik Star, Stop-N-Go, Tobacco Outlet Plus... Grocery, and Tobacco Outlet Plus convenience stores in the states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Illinois, and South Dakota. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the fruit cup and tray products listed above to date.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare instances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Due to the now expanded recall of fresh, whole cantaloupes by TruFresh, Kwik Trip, Inc. is issuing this recall. Cantaloupes recalled by TruFresh were used as a raw material in Kwik Trip, Inc. fruit cup and tray products listed below.
This recall includes the following fresh-cut fruit cup and tray products containing cantaloupe with sell-by dates of November 4, 2023, through December 3, 2023.
Product Description: MIXED FRUIT CUP, Container Size: 6OZ, UPC: 39779 00240, Sell By Date Range: 11/4/2023 – 12/3/2023
Product Description: CANTALOUPE CUP, Container Size: 6OZ, UPC: 39779 00213, Sell By Date Range: 11/4/2023 – 12/3/2023
Product Description: FRUIT TRAY, Container Size: 16OZ, UPC: 39779 00248, Sell By Date Range: 11/4/2023 – 12/3/2023
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the fruit cup and tray products listed above to date.
Consumers, restaurants, retailers, and wholesalers should not eat, sell, or serve recalled cantaloupe or recalled products containing cantaloupe.
Some consumers freeze cantaloupe for later use. Consumers should check their freezers and throw away recalled fresh or cut cantaloupe that was frozen for later use.
If you cannot tell if your cantaloupe is part of the recall, do not eat or use it and throw it away.
If customers have product affected by this voluntary recall, they should return it to their local store for a full refund.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: Kwik Trip, Inc.
Brand name: Kwik Trip
Product recalled: Fruit cups and trays containing cantaloupe.
Reason of the recall: Potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
FDA Recall date: November 28, 2023
Report date: Nov 22, 2023
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: missing handwash sink in newly added unapproved prep area on 2nd floor. Instd to provide handwash sink in same area with hot/cold running water under city pressure. Citation issued 7-38-030(c) priority foundation...
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: raw wood storage cabinet and shelving unit on site. Instd to seal all raw wood so as to be non porous, easily cleanable
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: raw brick walls in newly added 2nd floor prep area. Instd to seal all raw brick so as surface to be non porous, smooth, even and easily cleanable
Report date: Nov 24, 2023
25. Consumer advisory provided for raw/undercooked food
- comments: observed menu does not disclose and inform consumers the specific menu items (steaks) that can be ordered raw or undercooked and the risk consuming such foods. Instructed must disclose and remind such items... with an asterick (*) on all menus and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005, no citation issued
35. Approved thawing methods used
- comments: upon arrival observed an improper thawing method of fish sitting on the food prep table at the rear food prep area. Instructed to use proper thawing methods such as storing the tcs food item in the refrigerator overnight or under cold running water.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed the 3-4 pieces of napkins stored on the back of the toilet in the toilet room on site. Instructed to relocate said paper towels to avoid contaminating hands during handwashing.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handlers without hair restraints. Instructed manager to ensure all food handlers are wearing appropriate hair restraints while in the food prep areas and maintain.
44. Utensils, equipment & linens: properly stored, dried, & handled
- comments: observed food storage bins and lids stacked under one of the rear food prep tables with food build up and not clean. Instructed to clean and invert said food storage bins to avoid contamination clean utensils.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: observed facility using the rubber gloves as sink stoppers for the three compartment sink. Instructed to provide three appropriate sink stoppers and maintain.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: observed in the front food prep area the outlet boxes and the bin where the seasoning shakers are stored with food build up and not clean. Instructed to clean and maintain all mentioned items.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed the floors under and surrounding the in the front, rear food prep area, and inside of the walk-in freezer with food debris build up. Instructed to clean said floors and maintain.
3 weeks ago
I bought it on 06/11/2023 in Popeyes Valencia, the chicken strips already smelled a little bad but since I was hungry I didn't make a big deal of it but after a few hours I started vomiting and feeling nauseous and after a few days I still had a stomach ache, what | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Headache
1 month ago
On Sunday night, 22/10/23, I ate Doritos around 10 pm with paella, after dinner I felt very bloated. I woke up at 1:30am and threw up only the Doritos and the pain was unbearable, at 3 in the morning I again threw up only Doritos. I had... a fever of 37.4. On Monday I had a flatulence and I stained my underwear with doritos. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Bloating, Flatulence, Stomach Pain
Recent Interesting Reports
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (NH DHHS) has urged consumers not to consume Wilcox Ice Cream ("best by" dates 9/13/24, 9/14/24, 9/15/24), produced by Wilcox Ice Cream in East Arlington, Vermont due to potential Listeria contamination. These products were sold at food establishments... in New England including the Hanover Co-Op Food Store, Lebanon Co-Op Food Store, and the Monadnock Food Co-Op in New Hampshire. No illnesses related to these products have been reported to date.
The recalled products are:
- Wilcox’s Premium Sweet Cream. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Quart, Pint
- Wilcox’s Premium Sweet Cream Caramel Apple. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Quart, Pint
- Wilcox’s Premium Vanilla. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Quart, Pint
- Wilcox’s Premium Salted Caramel Turtle: Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Quart, Pint
- Wilcox’s Premium Maple Cream. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Quart, Pint
- Wilcox’s Premium Mint Chocolate Chip. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Quart, Pint
- Leonardo’s Gelato Mint Chocolate Chip. Package Size: 4 oz. cups
- Wilcox’s SUPER PREMIUM Mint Chocolate Chip. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Pint
- Wilcox’s SUPER PREMIUM Caramel Brownie. Package Size: 1.5 Quart, Pint
The issue came to light after a sample of the product tested positive for the Listeria monocytogenes bacteria in a routine check at the DPHS Public Health Laboratory, leading to the voluntary recall by the company.
Consumers should discontinue consumption of the product immediately. Please return them to your store of purchase for full credit.
In case you are experiencing Listeria monocytogenes symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Organic Animal crackers, whatever organic means in this context. I did not /would not buy this junk. I only agreed to try one as I had never tried them before. STRONG chemical bitter taste. Both my wife and I had to spit it out right away, and... she is a pro at junk food like this so I know it was not just me being unfamiliar. Shameful , this stuff usually is for kids, they might not be able to tell something was off or be able to articulate it. Smelling the open container directly was a very pungent chemical smell we recognize it but can't quite put our finger on it. Some.sort of chemical sour smell.
Update: I recognized where I have smelt this beforel, it's the smell of rancid olive oil, or rancid almonds. This is the primary strong odor coming from the container. It does not list olive oil or almonds, just mentioning this is what it reminds me of.
4 weeks ago
I bought a hot rotisserie lemon chicken and I brought it home for dinner. After an hour of eating the chicken I got painful stomach cramps, along with diarrhea, vomiting, and hot flashes. I'm now in bed sick. Never again will I buy another rotisserie chicken from Walmart. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Chills
Suspected source: Red Lobster, Shrimp or Lobster.
Onset: Right away
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Additional information: After vomiting all food, I began to feel better after sleeping a few hours | Symptoms: Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Chills
2 weeks ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache
Suspected source: Lunch meat
Onset: 4 to 12 hours
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Sick: A loved one
Additional information: My husband purchased Great Value sliced ham from the Walmart in Live Oak, Florida. He ate... some last night and woke up about 3:00 am feeling like “a brick was in his stomach.” He has severe diarrhea and vomiting. This has continued all day. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache
Me and my wife ate chipotle on 11/16/2023 for dinner. This is the only thing we both ate that day. We both got carne asada bowls. Since then we have both been experiencing extreme vomiting and diarrhea. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
3 weeks ago
Order a poké at 12:30 p.m. based on rice, mango, seaweed, red onion.
Choose raw bluefin tuna as the “protein.”
Onset of symptoms at the end of the afternoon.
Vomiting, diarrhea, fever, impossible to get out of bed except for emergency. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Grafschafter Bio Krusti 4 grains to bake. Freshly opened and baked. Both people have stomach cramps, gastrointestinal tract and diarrhea for over 4 days. Suspicion: food poisoning.
We keep the remaining 2 rolls airtight, after 4 days we saw that they were completely white moldy. Otherwise, the... rolls will look great 2-3 weeks after opening without any problems. So it must have been them!
Lidl has already been contacted. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting