IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Grub Burger Bar, Southwest 35th Drive, Gainesville, FL, USA
5 years ago
2917 Southwest 35th Drive, Gainesville, 32608 Florida, United States
I ate at Grub at 8pm on 9/19/18 and woke up on 9/20/18 at 1:30 with coming and diarrhea. I had chicken wings and sweet potatoe fries. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Me and my boyfriend went to get Dave’s hot chicken on Westhiemer and got the two sliders and fries. Ate it like normal and in the morning we woke up, throwing up, having diarrhea, sweating non stop. So me and my boyfriend will NOT be eating from Dave’s hot chicken ever again. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Sweating
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills, Headache
Suspected source: lemon wedge
Onset: More than 2 days
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Additional information: This was on October 15, 2023. I felt sick on October 17, 2023. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills, Headache
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache
Suspected source: Poke bowl
Onset: 12 to 24 hours
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache
I bought a pineapple (complete with rind) at QFC and we have all become sick after eating it. I wasn’t sure if it was the pineapple, so I ate it again and got sick again. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
3 hours ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain
Suspected source: Wagamama ginger chicken udon in NYC on 39th Street
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain
Closure Date: 11/27/2023
- High Priority - Container of medicine improperly stored. Container of Tylenol stored on top of bar area reach-in cooler. The manager removed the bottle from the bar area. **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority - Dishmachine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength.... Discontinue the use of the dish machine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until the dish machine is repaired and sanitizing properly. Dish machine in dish area, 10 ppm. Employee primed machine and rewashed dishes, 75 ppm. **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority - Employee handled soiled equipment or utensils and then engaged in food preparation, handled clean equipment or utensils, or touched unwrapped single-service items without washing hands. Employee handled dirty dishes in the dish area and proceeded to handle clean dishes on the cook line without washing hands. The inspector had the employee wash their hands. **Corrective Action Taken**
-High Priority - Employee touched face/hair and then engaged in food preparation, handled clean equipment or utensils, or touched unwrapped single-service items without washing hands. Employee touched face and proceeded to handle fish without washing hands and changing gloves. The inspector stopped the employee and had the employee wash their hands and change gloves. **Corrective Action Taken**
- High Priority - Raw animal food stored over/not properly separated from ready-to-eat food. Shell eggs are stored over ham in a reach-in cooler outside of the office. The manager placed eggs on the bottom shelf. **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority - Ready-to-eat, time/temperature control for safety food marked with a date that exceeds 7 days after opening/preparation. Mashed crab bisque stored in walk-in cooler dated 11/20. The manager stated the item was prepared on 11/24. The manager placed a proper date mark on the item. **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority - Ready-to-eat, time/temperature control for safety food not consumed/sold within 7 days after opening/preparation. See stop sale. Grits stored in walk-in cooler dated 11/18.
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed four rodent droppings on the floor outside of the office across from the beer cooler. Observed one rodent dropping on the bottom shelf of the prep table outside of the office at the end of the cook line. Observed two rodent droppings in the bar area hand washing sink. The manager cleaned and disposed of rodent droppings. **Corrected On-Site** **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- High Priority - Time/temperature control for safe food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Item in reach-in cooler across from cook line grill: slaw (47F.46F - Cold Holding). The manager stated the item was placed in the reach-in cooler at 11 am. The manager placed an item in the walk-in freezer to reduce the temperature to 41F. **Corrective Action Taken** **Repeat Violation** **Admin Complaint**
- High Priority - Time/temperature control for safety food, other than whole meat roast, hot held at less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Items in warmer above cook line grill: baked potatoes (128F,123F - Hot Holding). The employee stated the item was placed in a warmer 30 minutes before the temperature was taken. The employee placed potatoes in the oven to reheat. **Corrective Action Taken**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Me and my wife became very sick after eating here. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
I ateZaxbys in Gainesville, Georgia last night and I have vomiting,nausea. My daughter in law ate there 3 days ago and the same I had the chicken finger platter Not at this moment. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
Got terribly sick vomit diarrhea upset stomach for the entire night an hour after eating | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting
3 weeks ago
Closure Date: 11/07/2023
-High Priority - Employee failed to wash hands before putting on gloves to initiate a task working with food. Observed: male staff coming from outside, replaced apron and put on gloves, no hand wash. He then changed gloves after washing his hands. **Corrected... On-Site**
- High Priority - Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Observed: 1 rodent dropping by the entrance to dry storage, under the shelves. 3 rodent droppings under the dry hood shelves in the corner. 1 rodent dropping on a box on the lowest shelf in the corner of dry goods. 5 rodent droppings to the left of the hot water heater. **Warning**
- High Priority - Vacuum breaker missing at mop sink faucet or on fitting/splitter added to mop sink faucet. Observed lack of backflow device on the nonchemical side of the splitter in the mop sink.
Source: Florida Department of Health
Recent Interesting Reports
4 weeks ago
Bought some virgils root beer back from Trader Joe’s. Got on and started drinking it, when I felt something in my mouth,..it took it out and put it on a plate next to me, shined my flash light. Only to find a dead mealworm on that plate!... I had almost eating a dead mealworm! Going to call the Trader Joe’s tomorrow but thought you guys should know.
We ordered food and there was a bug in the pancakes. There were multiple orders in the bag. One person actually bit one of the bugs while eating the pancakes
Eltahan of Paterson, New Jersey is recalling 400 gm packages of Eltahan Golden Raisins, because it may contain undeclared sulfites. Eltahan Gold Raisins was distributed in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania to consumers through retail stores. No illnesses have been reported to date.
People who have... an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The recalled Eltahan Golden Raisins are packaged in a 400 gram, clear plastic package, with UPC 2337660022. The product is labeled with a production date of January 2023 and a best by date of January 20, 2026, which can be found on the bottom right side of the front label.
The recall was initiated after routine sampling by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets found sulfites in the product which was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of sulfites. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company's production and packaging processes.
Production and distribution of the product has been suspended until FDA and the company are certain that the problem has been corrected. Consumers who have purchased Eltahan Golden Raisins are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
In case you experience harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: USA Hookah, LLC. dba Eltahan
Brand name: Eltahan
Product recalled: Golden Raisins
Reason of the recall: Undeclared Sulfites
FDA Recall date: November 14, 2023
I ate at chipotle on 168 street Manhattan by presbyterian Hospital , I had gotten me a chicken bowl on Friday , 1 hour went by and I'm suffering with diarrhea , stomach cramps, and sometimes me being nauseous.. my stomach is very light right now and... I cannot eat anything because of it ..it's Tuesday now and I'm still dealing with the symptoms. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Cramps
After ordering their chicken ramen and salmon sushi, I have abdominal tenderness at night affecting my sleep. The next morning, the pain was so unbearable. I then have diarrhoea for at least 5 times. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
1 week ago
Fried rice, noodles, orange chicken, Beijing beef, mushroom chicken,
Monday November 27 7:30 pm Symptoms started about hour later. Painful spikes of pain reminiscent of appendicitis in stomach, followed by diarrhea till morning of November 28. L | Symptoms: Diarrhea
I ordered taco cabana yesterday and had chicken nachos with an orange juice. The chicken did taste a little overcooked but I was hungry with nothing else to eat so I finished it. I felt fine for a few hours until I got a terrible sick feeling.... I started to constantly throw up and had diarrhea all night. Now it’s the next day and I still have diarrhea and feel like I need to throw up more. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting
Pak’n Save Pukekohe is recalling Tegel brand The Original Chicken Sausages due to the possible presence of an undeclared allergen (dairy). These sausages were incorrectly packed in store with the wrong labels. This product was sold in store at Pak’nSave Pukekohe. There has been no report of... associated illness in New Zealand.
The recalled product:
- Tegel brand The Original Chicken Sausages. Packed on 10 November 2023. Best Before 15.11.2023. The product is sold on in plastic packaging on a tray of six sausages.
Consumers with a dairy allergy should not consume this product.
In case you experienced harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Jewel Marketing and Agribusiness LLC. (dba Crown Jewels Produce) of Fresno, CA is recalling all sizes of 1960 boxes of Malichita / Z Farms Cantaloupes sold between October 31, 2023 and November 9, 2023, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Product was distributed... to Ohio, and California through retail and wholesale outlets. This is an ongoing outbreak, and a number of illness have been reported throughout the United States, and Canada.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis, and arthritis.
Product was in boxes with a “wood-like” cardboard cartons with the Label “Malichita / Z Farms. The Price Lookup Sticker on the individual fruit is labeled “Malichita”.
The company has ceased sales and distribution of the product as FDA and the company continue their investigation as to what caused the problem. Information on what consumers should do with the product and where they can get additional information. Consumers who have purchased "Malichita / Z Farms" Brand Cantaloupes are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: Crown Jewel Produce Company
Brand name: Malichita/ Z Farms
Product recalled: Cantaloupes
Reason of the recall: Potential Salmonella contamination
FDA Recall date: November 22, 2023