Food Poisoning 5 years ago
1 person had — diarrhea, nausea, fever and vomiting
More incidents from:
“I ate a cold cut, within an hour or do I experienced explosive diarrhea, my stomach hurt so bad I could not even stand ”
“My sister had bmt sandwich from there last Thursday and she got sick!!we went to rbwh emergency and doctor said her diagnosis is viral gastroenteritis. Shes been sick from last Thursday ”
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“Eating from a restaurant. We went there for a meal. My hubby ordered a chicken and shrimp dish with fried rice. The chicken and shrimp was cooked at the table. When I tasted his dish the chicken tasted rotten. He thought it was just bland. He ate his meal. That... night he had a loose tummy several times and vomiting. ”
“Not sure Last night between 630 -700 pm Washington time I ordered 3 piece dark meat original recipe chicken box Mash potatoes honey with biscuit coleslaw couple little while after I ate it I became very as sick returning to restroom multiple times through ought the night and my nurse... girlfriend said I think u got food poisoning from there something in that box of chicken wasn't right and agreed . ”
“My husband and I shared a green smoothie on a Saturday afternoon. On Sunday, I had a rumbly stomach and then diarrhea for hours. The next morning, my husband woke up with the same thing, plus crawly skin, achiness and the chills. (This is how food poisoning always affects him.)... Neither of us have vomited, but it's Tuesday, and we both still have stomach pain and fatigue. No one else around is or had been ill, and the smoothie is the only thing we had all weekend that was different than everyone else in the family. I'm always cautious about consuming smoothies out, just because there is a risk the produce and the equipment maybe aren't as carefully washed as they are when I make them at home. Our delayed response makes sense to us, since it takes a while for some pathogens to multiply and make themselves known in the body. This was our first time eating (drinking) here and it'll likely be our last, unfortunately. ”
“On 05 feb 2020 at 5 pm my sister had kunefe and since the kunafa was big she asked the remaining to be packed for take away and she brought the same to home. Kids at home ate the kunafa and now all of them are not feeling well including... my sister and they are vomiting. ”
“The Food Standards Agency (FSA) announced the recall of several Müller yogurt products due to the potential presence of metal pieces, which make these products unsafe to consume.
FSA advises consumers not to eat these products and to return them to the place of purchase instead. The recalled products are... the following:
- Müller Corner Fruit 6 Pack – Cherry & Blackberry/Raspberry. (6x143g). Best before: 04 Mar.
- Müller Corner Fruit 6 Pack – Strawberry & Peach/Apricot. (6x143g). Best before: 26 Feb, 02 Mar.
- Brooklea Light Fruit 6 Pack – Raspberry and Cranberry, Strawberry. (1050g (6x175g)). Best before: 20 Feb, 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Greek Yoghurt – Strawberry. (4x125g). Use by: 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Yoghurt Multipack – Mixed. (6x165g). Use by: 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
- Milbona Fat Free Fruit Yoghurt – Strawberry. (165g). Use by: 04 Mar.
- Müller Corner Favourites 6 Pack – Strawberry, Vanilla/Chocolate Balls & Digestive Biscuit. (6x130/143g). Best before: 03 Mar.
- Müllerlight 6 Pack – Strawberry, Cherry & Raspberry/Cranberry. (6x160g). Best before: 07 Mar.
- Müllerlight – Cherry Single. (1x160g). Best before: 13 Mar.
- Müllerlight 6 Pack – Mango/Passionfruit, Peach/Pineapple & Mandarin. (6x160g). Best before: 14 Mar.
- Müllerlight Greek – Strawberry. (4x120g). Best before: 07 Mar.
- Müller Rice 6 Pack – Apple & Raspberry. (6x180g). Use by: 08 Mar.
- Müller Bliss Mascarpone Style Yogurt – Peach & Apricot. (4x110g). Best before: 10 Mar.
- Brooklea Light Strawberry Single Pot. (175g). Best before: 26 Feb, 04 Mar.
You can check the full recall notice on the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“FSA announced the recall of Nestlé Ski Yogurt Variety Pack with Fruit Pieces by Nestlé because they might contain small pieces of black rubber.
FSA advises not to consume these products. Nestlé advises returning the top of the outer sleeve with your personal information for a full refund. The only... recalled products are the ones with the following "Use by" dates:
- Nestlé Ski Yogurt Variety Pack with Fruit Pieces. Pack size: 480g (4x120g). Use by dates: 21 February 2020, 22 February 2020, 28 February 2020, 29 February 2020, 6 March 2020, 7 March 2020, 13 March 2020
To check the full returning instructions and the full recall notice visit the FSA website food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
“Old Dutch Ripples Cheddar Chips. Both my husband and I ate a handful of the chips around 9:00 pm. Went to bed and both of us woke up sick at 4:00 am with severe nausea and abdominal pain, and belching the chip taste. About a half hour later my husband... started forcefully vomiting. He had another forceful episode of vomiting about a half hour after the first episode. Went to sleep and around 7:00 am he was still experiencing the same symptoms and had another forceful vomiting episode. I on the other hand strive hard to suppress my vomiting...so at 8:00 am I was still suffering from the nausea, disgusting belching, and gas w/ mild abdominal pain. ”
“My child ate blackberries and blueberries and 30 min later had 4 bouts of diarrhea and sharts. I thought it was the blueberries so I didn’t give him any for 24hrs. Today he had some blackberries which resulted in the same symptoms about 30-45 min later. ”
“pho ga with raw vegetables on side 8 hours before symptoms started. Forceful projectile vomiting while having diarrhea at least 10 times during first 24 hours, left feeling weak with stomach cramps and nausea. ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us