Food Poisoning 5 years ago
Reported By Iwaspoisoned.com User
1 person had — nausea and vomiting
More incidents from:
“Report date: Feb 11, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)
8. Hands clean & properly washed
- comments: observed the male food manager come in from outside garbage area... and rinse his hands under running water at 3- compartment sink due to the lack of hand sink that was removed from rear prep/dish washing area. Instructed manager to wash hands at designated hand washing sinks only. (cos)(priority foundation 7-38-010)
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand washing sink in rear prep/dish washing area. Observed existing plumbing pipes extending from wall where a hand sink used to be that had been removed. Must install hand sink with hot and cold running water and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-030(c)
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an appx. "1/2-3/4" gap along bottom of front and rear doors. Must make tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up on ice dispenser at soda machine.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must repair or replace stained ceiling tile in dining area. Loose wall base behind rear prep table.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from floor drain at 3- compartment sink.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed no previous summary report displayed and visible to view. A new summary will be posted on premises at this time. (priority foundation 7-42-010(b)
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Had a Pizza Sub with green peppers. May have tasted a bit off in hindsight but not enough to make me think it was tainted.
Next morning horrible gas, stomach cramping and diarrhea. Some nausea and no vomiting but now day 2 and no change. I think it was the... sauce. God knows how long it was in there... ”
“Inspection Failure: 11-Feb-20
Details: > OBSERVED NO SIGNED EMPLOYEES HEALTH POLICIES.MUST PROVIDE AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED THE MALE FOOD MANAGER COME IN FROM OUTSIDE GARBAGE AREA AND RINSE HIS HANDS UNDER RUNNING WATER AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK DUE TO THE LACK OF HAND SINK THAT WAS REMOVED FROM... REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.INSTRUCTED MANAGER TO WASH HANDS AT DESIGNATED HAND WASHING SINKS ONLY.(COS)(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-010)
> OBSERVED NO HAND WASHING SINK IN REAR PREP/DISH WASHING AREA.OBSERVED EXISTING PLUMBING PIPES EXTENDING FROM WALL WHERE A HAND SINK USED TO BE THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED.MUST INSTALL HAND SINK WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER AND MAINTAIN.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-38-030(C)
> MUST LABEL FOOD STORAGE CONTAINERS WHEN FOOD IS NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
> OBSERVED AN APPX."1/2-3/4" GAP ALONG BOTTOM OF FRONT AND REAR DOORS.MUST MAKE TIGHT FITTING.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP ON ICE DISPENSER AT SODA MACHINE.
> MUST REPAIR OR REPLACE STAINED CEILING TILE IN DINING AREA.LOOSE WALL BASE BEHIND REAR PREP TABLE.
> MUST CLEAN DEBRIS BUILD UP FROM FLOOR DRAIN AT 3- COMPARTMENT SINK.
> OBSERVED NO PREVIOUS SUMMARY REPORT DISPLAYED AND VISIBLE TO VIEW.A NEW SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ON PREMISES AT THIS TIME.(PRIORITY FOUNDATION 7-42-010(B)
Source: Chicago Health Dept ”
“I went to pay for the order, and saw a cockroach on the counter. At first I thought it was a fly, but on 2nd look, nope. Cockroach. Told the person taking my cash, and he looked shocked, and replied he would tell the manager. I'm not going to buy... food from them again for a long time, if ever again. ”
“The both of us at it last night around 9pm 24th January 2020 and got diarrhea the next day which is today I felt sick with stomach pain about 20 minutes after I ate it and the whole night my stomach hurts until about 5am I started to go to... the toilet with only watery stool was coming out. My wife got diarrhea the next day and was feel nausea the night ”
“The hamburgers texture taste was not fresh it wasn't like the usual. My head after a hour or less has a migraine and I puked in front of my girlfriend. I was the only one who ate the spicy chicken nuggets and the double stack with ketchup only I also... had a grape Sprite. I got sick around a hour or less after I had consumed the food. ”
“There is some confusion surrounding the current Coronavirus (called 2019-NocV) outbreak that began in December 2019 and whether you can get it through food. Here is some information:
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans. Past outbreaks include Middle East Respiratory... Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The current novel Coronavirus (a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans) is thought to originate in live food markets in Wuhan, China through animals and human contact.
How is it transmitted?
Coronaviruses such as the current 2019-NocV are transmitted through the respiratory system, not the gut, so there is a low risk of infection through the consumption of contaminated food. Restaurants can be a site of transmission of coronavirus because of the large numbers of people congregating in close quarters and then coughing/sneezing could spread the disease just like in other places (transportation, schools, etc). But the food itself isn’t a likely vehicle.
Signs of infection?
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases and those with weakened immune systems, an infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO):
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth+nose when coughing/sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
For more info, please visit: who.int ”
“On 05 feb 2020 at 5 pm my sister had kunefe and since the kunafa was big she asked the remaining to be packed for take away and she brought the same to home. Kids at home ate the kunafa and now all of them are not feeling well including... my sister and they are vomiting. ”
“rotisserie chicken bought on sat. at 1:00, went home and had a slice of breast, it was white. later that day cut off legs to give to a friend, they were very pink.
Sunday nite I was feeling weezy, by Monday full blown poisoning, throwing up, dieahrea 18 times, weak... in bed except to throw up and toilet. I went into the store Ts. morning and filed a formal complaint but there needs to be more. Wed. today it's all come back again. going to dr. ”
“Hello, I want to report that myself and 3 more persons that were traveling with Lufthansa on 1/20/20 in flight LH460 from Munich to Miami had food poisoning from the beef stew and salad that was provided during the flight. This is unacceptable and I will also be reporting it... to the local health departments and Poison Control. I had to vomit twice on the airplane’s bathroom and once at home. I have had other symptoms like diarrea, fever, cold sweets, headache and dizziness. Still today I feel very week and have mild symptoms. ”
“Purchased 2 Papa Burgers Monday evening, my Daughter and I both got sick, she went to school on Monday but called home saying she was sick. I've had bad stomach cramps & headaches and I've been s*ng pure black. Its ruined 3 days plus I still feel bad, my wife... and son are not sick as only my daughter and I had it. When I get better I'll make up a sign and walk back & forth in front of the store which says.
" I bought food here a few hours after eating it I was very sick, it gave me the s*s and bad headaches and a fever, no fun involved in this " ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us