IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
The FDA has received food poisoning reports that have been traced back to drinking fruit and vegetable juice that have not been treated to kill harmful bacteria. Store-bought juice is typically pasteurized, but that juice or from a juice bar can still become contaminated and cause food poisoning.Last updated: March 18, 2023
Juice, Curacao, Curaçao
5 days ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Fever, Chills, Headache
Suspected source: Juice
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Fever, Chills, Headache See Less
The FSAI announced the recall of The Apple Farm Still Irish Apple Juice due to possible fermentation that may cause bottle breakage. This product was distributed in Ireland.
The recalled product is:
- The Apple Farm Still Irish Apple Juice, 250ml, Batch Code: M152, best before date:... See More 03/31/2024, Country Of Origin: Ireland.
If you have the recalled product in your home, please do not eat it, throw it away or return it to the place of purchase.
In case you experience harm from this product, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Source: fsai.ie See Less
Walgreens, Sheridan Avenue, Cody, WY, USA
1 week ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills, Headache
Suspected source: Naked juice-blue machine
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: 12 to 24 hours
Additional information: Wasn’t the food I was eating as others were eating same food. I was the only... See More one drinking the juice. I ate chicken and rice and the blue machine juice. I was the only one that drank the juice and everyone else ate the food. I am the only one sick. I’m unsure if it was just the mix of what I was eating that made me sick or if it was the product itself but I haven’t been able keep even water down and I have been throwing up around every 30-40 minutes during the night. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills, Headache See Less
My 8 year old daughter had a happy meal including fish fingers, orange juice & chips. 5 am she woke us crying that she had severe stomach pain & headache. She has vomited 6 times within 4 hours & still she is in pain. Why is that ? | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Headache See Less
Naked Juice, Providence, RI, USA
1 week ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Nausea, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache
Suspected source: Naked Juice
Onset: Right away
Duration: Less than 4 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Nausea, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Headache See Less
My son got sick after drinking orange juice, My family and I went to there today. My aunt had an orange drink along with a salad there. Her stomach started hurting after drinking her drink and having a few bits from her salad. My 7 year old... See More son only drank orange juice from there and ended up having a stomach ach and felt like vomiting. 2 hours later he ended up getting a fever and his stomach ach has not gone away. | Symptoms: Nausea, Fever, Vomiting, Stomach Pain See Less
McDonald's, Dempster Street, Skokie, IL, USA
1 week ago
I order the streak egg and cheese bagel with orange juice at 8:45am and 20mins after eating my meal I’ve been vomiting and have diarrhea since then | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting See Less
Yesterday, From there had steak burrito with sourcream guacamole Pico brown rice black beans Something was just not right burrito was a little to juicey one hour later vomiting and bad diarrhea going on 2nd day | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting See Less
Ate takeout from here on 10/17/21 at approximately 4:45pm. I ordered the carne asada plate with a papaya juice. By 2:00am I had thrown up twice, had stomach pains, was sweating, and shaking. Continued throwing up the next day & was unable to keep anything down. Had... See More nausea, diarrhea, vomiting. Only other thing I ate that day was my usual homemade breakfast. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Sweating, Stomach Pain, Shaking See Less
Report date: Mar 1, 2023
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed employees preparing juice in juice machine in unapproved area where there are no hand sinks. Juice preparation machine is being used in back facility storage area near garbage area. Preparation has... See More stopped and juice machine has been reloacted in kitchen prep-area near hand sinks. Priority foundation violation 7-38-030 (c) citation issued.
11. Food obtained from approved source
- comments: unable to verify source of pre-packaged juice on produce display shelf. Juice is not processed on site. Contacted wholesale facility, local source, claims that they do not prepare juice at their facility. Approximately 340 bottles have been tag and held for inspection. Instructed management to contact cdphfood@cityofchicago. Org to have an inspector come out on site to either remove tags held for inspection or dispose/discard products. Priority violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
28. Toxic substances properly identified, stored, & used
- comments: quat sanitizer concentration is measured above reading scale on facility test strip located in dish area in 3compartment sink. Sanitizer is reading above 400ppm and is exceeding maxium toxic level for use on a food-contact surface, as specified by manufacturer. Chemical sanitizers must meet the concentration and use requirments by manufacturer, quat sanitizer must be maintained between 150-400 ppm. Employee diluted sanitizer 3 compartment sink basin with water and measured at 300ppm while on site. Priority 7-38-005 citation issued.
35. Approved thawing methods used
- comments: frozen raw fish (approved source) has been thawed while still wrapped in reduced oxygen packaging (rop), found in sushi cooler. Packaging must be removed from fish in rop prior to thawing under refrigeration or running water.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed large dog on site in cafe area standing with owner/customer. Manager on site addressed customer and confirmed it was not a service animal and customer left the premises. Facility must ensure all non-service animals, including but not limited to dogs, is not on site. Priority foundation violation 7-40-060 citation issued.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: in-use wiping cloths are not stored properly. Found on prep surfaces in the bar, salad prep area and sushi area. Cloths used to wipe surfaces and equipment shall be held in a proper sanitizer solution. Cloths in-use for wiping surfaces in contact with raw animal foods shall be kept separate from cloths used for other purposes. In-use cloths must be laundered dailiy.
43. In-use utensils: properly stored
- comments: utensils stored in stagnant cup water in cafe station. Store in-use utensils: 1) in the food with the handle up and out of the food item; 2) stored on a clean and sanitized sirface; 3) in running water; 4) in container of hot water maintained at or above 135f.
44. Utensils, equipment & linens: properly stored, dried, & handled
- comments: clean dishware stored directly next to handsink in bar area with no splash guard between. Dishware shall be protected by contamination by storing it: 1) in a clean and dry location; 2) where it is not exposed to splash, dust or other contamination; 3) at least 6 inches above the floor; 4) covered or inverted.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: interior of prep reach-in cooler across kitchen cookline is soiled with water and food debris. Facility must clean and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: unnecessary items / nonfunctional equipment found between prep-units in bar and cafe area and inside of the raw meat walk-in cooler/freezer near dish section. The premises shall be free of items unnecessary to the operation or maintenance of the establishment. This includes equipment that is nonfunctional or no longer used.
Source: chicago.gov | Symptoms: Other See Less