IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report date: Feb 21, 2024
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: found no procedure/plan and kit for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events. Instructed facility to develop and maintain a procedure/plan and to maintain any appropriate supplies on site. Priority foundation violation... 7-38-005. Citation issued on 2-23-24 kit for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events provided on site.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: no soap provided at handwashing sink in the kitchen by the fryer. Employee were cooking. Upon request soap was provided by the manager. Priority foundation violation:7-38-030(c),citation issued
15. Food separated and protected
- comments: food not protected inside the walk-in cooler, freezer and twoddor reach-in cooler. Observed the following animal origin foods being stored improperly throughout the walk-in cooler with ready to eat prepared foods. Raw meat stored directly above ready to eat cooked pasta which was covered with saran wrap partially uncoverd. The above raw meat leaked on top the said food forming a puddle of water and blood. Foods discarded,approximately 20 lbs. All raw foods must be stored separated from prepared food. Food inside the walk-in freezer stored on floor. Must provide raised shelves. Observed inside two door reach-in cooler cooked food on aluminum pans(pork ribs,pasta,veggie) stacked on top eachother. Food not covered,between pans. Priority violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: in use stationary rack, single high temp dishmachine not able to maintain 160f. Presently water temp of 124f(after several attemps). Also no sanitizer solution provided on site(final rinse oppm) nor irreversible registering temperature indicator. Instructed to repair issue. Information stickers at side of unit states: unit could be used for low or high temp dishmachine. Must provide: sanitizer solution if machine is used as low temp. Must provide: an irreversible registering temperature indicator, such as strips/stickers or thermometer. Or keep both(sanitizer solution or irreversible registering temperature indicator) on site. Tagged unit'held for inspection' do not use. Instructed to use three compartment sink:wash rinse and sanitize priority violation:7-38-025, citation issued. 0n 2-23-24 about 2:30pm technician reported on site and repair issue at unit:changed lines and provide a bucket with sanitizing solution. Presently unit maintains 100ppm
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: excess black slime substance inside the ice chute of ice machine self dispenser in dining area. Black slime drippng from the unit into customers cups. Instructed to clean and sanitize the interior of the ice machine throughout. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: tcs foods at improper temperature. Cold buffet:cut honeydew at temp of 52. 2f; potatoe salad at temp of 62. 9f; pasta salad at temp of 58. 8f; fresh cut fruit salad(melons) at temp of 46. 4f. Stored tcs foods inside the walk-in cooler: 3 buckets of marinate pork at temp of 48f, 1 plastic container of chicken at temp of 45. 5f,3 large container of cooked noodle at temp of 47. 1f to 48. 9f, 5 pieces cookof ed pork bone with meat at temp of 46. 9f,1 large pot od raw shrimps at temp of 46. 2f,1 plastic container of cream cheese and chives to fill pastry at temp of 47. 1f. One large carton box of fresh eggs(360 each) stored inside the walk-in cooler at temp of 46. 7f. All food discarded and denatured. Pounds 200, value 800. Priority violation:7-38-005,citation issued.
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: we observed cooked food and prepared ready to eat tcs foods stored inside the walk-in cooler not properly date labeled with an expiration date. Observed cooked pork and pasta with no labels. Assorted cooked meat(chicken,pork etc) and marinate food(chicken) with no labels. Cream cheese and chives to fill pastry no labels. All discarded. Reviewed, all prepared ready to eat tcs foods held longer than 24 hours must be date labeled with an expiration date no longer than 7 days. Per manager statement some of the food were cooked 2 days prior of the inspection. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
33. Proper cooling methods used; adequate equipment for temperature control
- comments: walk-in cooler at improper temperature:air temp of 48. 7f to 49. 8f. Tcs food were stored inside mentioned unit: chicken,cream cheese,eggs,etc. Unit must maintain temp of 41f and below. Tagged unit: ' held for inspection',do not use. Priority violation:7-38-005,citation issued on 2-23-24 walk-in cooler was repaired and presently maintains temp of 39f to 40. 7f. Untagged unit. Instructed to use and monitor
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: plastic container with dry food must be labeled with common name: flour,sugar etc.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: evidence of mice droopings on site. Over 200 droppings in the kitchen:on top shelves by stored food,under cooking equipment, dishroom,corners and along baseboard walls. Also inside the cabinets under the buffet line and under booths in dining area. Instructed to remove,clean and sanitize throughout the premises. Priority foundation violation:7-38-020(a),citation issued
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: must not use plastic grocery bags as food containers inside the walk-in freezer. Must not use cardboard boxes as food containers inside walk-in cooler and freezer. Must use washable containers or food grade disposable plastic bags.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: condenser unit inside the walk-in cooler in prep area, pipe and unit are leaking. Instructed to repair/replace unit.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: one clogged washbowl at men's washroom. Repair issue. Slowly draining handwashing sink at prep area by the rear exit door. Repair issue. On 2-23-24 sink was repaired no longer slowly draining
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: repair broken walls(holes) inside the men's washroom. Surface must be smooth and cleanable
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: no lighting provided at men's washroom,fixture broken. Repair issue
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: additional food handler training certificate is required on site,instructed to provide
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: no allergen training certificates provided on site for the present manager. Instructed to provide for all certified food service managers
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violation not corrected from 2-17-2023, report#2571427 found following not clean:interior of reach in coolers,sinks, and exterior of dishmachine. Must clean. Found rusty shelves inside walk in cooler. Must repair/replace. Priority foundation violation:7-42-090. Citation issued.
Danish Custard Pastry, Checkers Fx Hartbeespoort, Magalies Blvd, Schoemansville, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
5 days ago
February 21,2024 . Last week. I had purchased a Danish Custard pastry from Checkers, Hartebeespoort. There was mold in it. I have been to a doctor who prescribed medication for my symptoms
I purchased a Danish Custard pastr from Checkers Hartebeespoort Wednesday 21 February 2024, I had... eaten into the pastry and halfway through noticed a rotting/mold on the Custard as well as the pastry was burnt. Immediately I stopped eating the pastry. I emailed Checkers Hartebeespoort and they offered me a replacement and brushed it off, I asked the representative "how can you replace something that made me sick I have already lost trust in Checkers " I then found a Complaint number on Google and sent a whatsapp message with the pictures. I then got some Gaviscon and Immodium as since then I have had an upset, runny tummy. Eventually on Friday I went to see a doctor as these symptoms have not stopped. The doctor has given me medication and today 5 days later I am still in pain with the same symptoms, no one has contacted me today. Last week when I had spoken to someone else from Head Office she had told me that there was mold on the pastry. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
I got a Bear Claw pastry for my free Birthday reward on Thursday. Later that afternoon I started getting a sight headache and turned into stomach pains that night. All day Friday I had the bubble guts, excessive gas and nausea. Spent the night with diarrhea every... hour and I did throw up quite a bit this morning (just one big time). It's starting to settle a little bit now but still feeling pretty yucky. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Headache, Stomach Pain, Gas
Wegmans Food Markets has initiated a voluntary recall of several food items due to the presence of undeclared soy lecithin. The products have been distributed across NY, VA, MD, PA, NJ, MA, NC, DE, and DC. The total quantity of recalled products is 10,338 croissants.
The recalled... products include:
- Chocolate Croissant, UPC: 7789050655, Packing: 5 oz 2pk.
- Chocolate Croissant, UPC: 7789048398, Packing: 2 oz.
- Assorted Mini Danish, UPC: 7789050815, Packing: 9 oz 10pk.
- Petite Pastry Tray, UPC: 7789034215, Packing: 24ct.
- Ready To Bake Double Chocolate Croissant, UPC: 87-85300-05006-2.
- Ready To Bake Chocolate and Almond, UPC: 87-85300-05013-0, Packing: Variety Pk.
The recall is ongoing.
In case you experience harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills
Suspected source: 85 degree bakery mango pastry
Onset: Less than 4 hours
Duration: Less than 4 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Cramps, Chills
1 month ago
The FSIS is issuing a public health alert for frozen mushroom risotto products due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen. The product labeled as porcini mushroom risotto bites may actually contain hot dogs in puff pastry, which contain sesame, a known allergen, that is not declared on... the product label. The product was shipped to retail locations in California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of this product.
The affected product is:
- 7.5-oz. cardboard packages containing “Wild Fork Porcini Mushroom Risotto Bites” with lot code 101231, “BEST BY DATE: 10/11/2024”, and EST. 39896 on the side of the box.
This product was produced April 11, 2023 and bears the establishment number “EST. 39896” on the side of the box. There is no USDA mark of inspection.
The problem was discovered after the firm notified the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it had received a consumer complaint reporting that the hot dogs in puff pastry product had been found in a package labeled as mushroom risotto bites. FDA then notified FSIS about the issue.
FSIS is issuing this public health alert to ensure that consumers with an allergy to sesame are aware that this product should not be consumed. A recall was not requested because the product is no longer available for purchase. If you have an allergy to sesame do not eat it, it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
In case you experienced harm from allergens or undeclared ingredients, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
2 months ago
Lately I've been sick. Sore throat and malaise. Especially after the ice tea or ice coffee. The place is not very clean and the staff at times have exposed skin conditions servicing the public. I once saw an employee bringing the ice tea down the hall uncovered... and her long fingernails were in the liquid. That day I didn't purchase anything. Most of the pastry are kept below the counter practically o. The floor. Panera bread is extremely unsanitary. | Symptoms: Nausea, Sore Throat, Other
3 months ago
Now Jalapeño cheese pastry Don’t eat them unless you want to piss out of your ass and puke all night, Had jalepeno and cheddar pastries both my husband and I are so god damn sick | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
4 months ago
Just now Pastry from Tesco I was eating a chocolate eclair but it tasted funny but I carried on eating because I was really hungry that’s when I looked inside and saw it had mould all over the inside | Symptoms: Diarrhea
5 months ago
Closure Date: 09/21/2023
- High Priority - - From initial inspection : High Priority - Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Approximately 10 live small flying insects landing on shelves at the bar side of the front... counter in the dining room. 3 live small flying insects landing on clean wine glasses at the bar side of the front counter in the dining room 3 small flies landing on the wall next to the juice machines behind the front counter in the dining room Approximately 10 live flying insects landing on the wall over single service items behind the front counter in the dining room. Approximately 10 live small flying insects landing on boxes on top of storage racks along the wall in the bakery kitchen. 3 live small flying insects landing on a bag of flour on a shelf over a dough machine in the bakery kitchen 2 live small flying insects landing on the dough machine in the bakery kitchen Approximately 10 live small flying insects landing on the shelf over the prep table in the middle of the bakery kitchen Approximately 10 live small flying insects landing on containers of pastry ingredients such as sprinkles and chocolate chips in the bakery kitchen. 6 live small flying insects landing on bags of unpeeled onions in production kitchen Approximately 10 live small flying insects landing on clean pots stored on shelf over prep table in production kitchen Approximately 20 live small flying insects landing on unpeeled potatoes under the prep table in the production kitchen - From follow-up inspection 2023-09-19: Observed 5 live small flying insects behind bar area of the front counter Observed 3 live small flying insects inside of the pastry display case at the front counter **Time Extended** - From follow-up inspection 2023-09-19: 3 live small flying insects landing on boxes of single service items in the production kitchen 5 live small flying insects landing on shelving in the bakery kitchen 7 live small flying insects landing on wine bottles at the bar at the front counter **Time Extended** - From follow-up inspection 2023-09-20: **Time Extended** - From follow-up inspection 2023-09-21: **Time Extended**
Source: Florida Department of Health