IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product: Pulled pork
February 27, 2021 2:16 AM
“Caesar salad , pulled pork dinner along with loaded baked potato 20 minutes after we left got home and felt ill. It happened 15 minutes after we left the restaurant , ”
February 12, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Feb 9, 2021
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: found cooked pulled pork in tomatoe sauce stored inside two door reach-in cooler at temp of 45. 6f to 46. 9f, food was cooked the the before. Cold food must maintain temp of 41f and below. Food discarded and denatured. Pou... nd 15,value 60 priority violation:7-38-005,citation issued.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: dry food storage containers and other food removed from original container must be labeled with a common name
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: must not use plastic grocery bags as food containers inside the two door reac-in cooler and in reach-in freezer. Must use washable containers with lids or food grade disposable plastic bags. Surface must be smooth cleanable and non-absorbent material.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: accumulated grease and food debris on walls, utility connections and equipment surfaces behind cooking line. Must clean and maintain.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: additional stopper is needed at three compartment sink in the kitchen
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: no lid provided at receptacle inside the women's washroom,instructed to provide.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: accumulation of grease on floor behind cooking equipment,specially behind deep fryer. Instructed to clean and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: accumulated dust on wall vent covers above the rear exit door. Must clean and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must not use cardboard boxes as matting for floors under the rubber matts. Rubber matts in the kitchen with excess encrusted grimes. Clean and maintain.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: food handler traning certificate on site are expired,instructed to re-new
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violation not corrected from 2-5-2020,report #2359932 #55) 6-201. 11 found walls not smooth and easy to clean behind preparation table and air drying shelving units. Must repair/seal. #56) 6-303. 11 found burnt light fixture inside reach in cooler at front booth areas. Must replace. Priority foundation violation: 7-42-090,no citation issued
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: previous summary report from 2-5-2020 , report# 2359932 not posted conspicuous to consumers as required. Posted conspicuous in dining room was report from 5-17-2019. New summary report will be emailed, instructed to post. Priority foundation: 7-42-010(b). No citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
February 3, 2021 6:56 PM
“Had a large pulled pork melt around 11:50 AM today. About 2 hours later I had severe diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting that woke me from sleep with some pre-vomit(?). I haven't eaten anything else today, and even thought that it tasted "off" about halfway through. ”
January 9, 2021 12:12 PM
“Around 1:30pm I ate a beef brisket bowl. Two of my friends had bowls with similar ingredients except they had pulled pork and steak. Therefore I believe it must have been the beef brisket that was contaminated. Two hours after finishing my meal I began to feel malaise and slight dizzyness. Three hou... rs after I finished my meal I experienced projectile vomiting without warning. After the first vomiting episode I was confined to my bathroom where for thirty minutes I experienced some of the most unpleasant sensations I've felt in my life. I felt as if I was going to pass out at any moment with horrible dizzyness and nausea. I would vomit every couple minutes (at this point there was nothing in my stomach but acid). I was vomiting so forcefully that by the end of this nightmare my esophagus was damaged, causing some blood to be mixed into the vomit. The beef brisket bowl was the only food I had consumed that day. ”
December 22, 2020 1:38 PM
“I order ribs pulled pork burnt ends December 22nd I got sick first, explosive diarrhea then vomiting then my wife got sick. It’s been a crazy night fu@&. ”
December 21, 2020 10:40 AM
“Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon.
Ordered pulled pork which smelt sour so I asked them to change it to salmon, which gave me food poisoning.
Vomiting. Nausea. Diarrhoea. Abdominal cramps. Fever. Breathlessness. ”
December 11, 2020 6:54 PM
“Today, I ordered pulled pork and burnt ends. I am throwing up and having diarrhea. Can’t barely type. Never again ”
November 29, 2020 3:37 PM
“Husband and I chose items from their encased buffet where the workers serve the items selected on disposable to-go plates and we ate outside in the sunshine. I only ordered the Caesar salad with dressing & bacon bits already on it, my husband ate the pulled pork plate. 3.5 hours later I started havi... ng cramping with explosive diarrhea episodes. ”
November 24, 2020 7:54 PM
“this place dude. i ate bbq pulled pork at around 10pm the first night of my vacation, and was puking my guts up at about 3am. never again will i touch pulled pork ”
Recent Interesting Reports
February 15, 2021 11:37 AM
“Not sure she had a turkey burger 1 got sick we ate it at 1:00 pm yesterday and she got sick around 12am later that night ”
February 24, 2021 12:48 AM
February 26, 2021 1:31 AM
“Ate 1/2 of one of the chicken power bowls around 11:00 am, while at work later my stomach started hurting, not even thinking it might be from the food I finished the power bowl later on my lunch break after which my stomach starting hurting really bad, had diarrhea a few times and felt nauseous the... rest of the night, got home around 9 pm and vomited a few times, 10:30 and I’m still in pain a feeling nauseous ”
February 23, 2021 10:52 AM
“Ate Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie mix and was nauseous and vomiting about 3 hours later. Passed quickly. I did not believe that the frozen smoothie mix was the cause for some reason... so I ate it again one week later. But unfortunately, about 3 hours after ingestion I again became violentl... y ill. It passed pretty quickly this time, too.
Packs have a Best If Used By date of 07 21 2022 and a code with 20021C05 ”
March 1, 2021 3:46 PM
“Ate 4 chicken strips. Two were partly soggy and the breading was not browned. I tried to cut those parts off and not eat it. About 8 hours later I started to vomit, got severe abdominal pain. ”
February 11, 2021 9:01 AM
“2-10-21, Thinking canned chicken or pre-shredded red cabbage Severe cramping, pain. Then repeated vomiting (Note- also had McDonald’s earlier in the day- it could have been from there) ”
February 25, 2021 9:19 PM
“Ate their red velvet cheesecake for my birthday Monday. Immediately began to feel sick and threw it up. Just thought it was a fluke until I ate more tonicht and again it made me nauseous and vomit.
Two people got sick. 20 minutes after eating. Became nauseous and started to vomit with diarrhea. ... Not even 20 minutes after eating ”
February 26, 2021 3:58 AM
“I had a stuffed crust pizza I ate it Wednesday the 24th I didn't have any problems but soon as the 25th of February I have a slice of pizza that morning and from 12:00 noon for the rest of the day I was having diarrhea and vomiting Guess I'm done with them. I just couldn't keep nothing in my stomac... h I just kept vomiting 4 hours ”
March 2, 2021 7:33 PM
“I was the only one that ate it, symptoms started after a few hours but that was the only thing I ate all day
February 8, 2021 5:00 PM
“Company name: Shenandoah Growers, Inc
Brand name: Simple Truth, That’s Tasty, Shenandoah Growers
Product recalled: Basil
Reason of the recall: Potential Cyclospora contamination
FDA Recall date: February 08, 2021
Recall details: Shenandoah Growers, Inc (Harrisonburg, VA) out of an abundance of... caution, has issued a limited, voluntary recall of approximately 3240 units of branded fresh cut, packaged organic basil clamshells packed at its Indianapolis, Indiana location due to a possible health risk from Cyclospora.
Cyclosporiasis is an intestinal infection caused by the Cyclospora parasite. A person may become infected after ingesting contaminated food or water. Common symptoms include severe abdominal pain, watery diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, body aches and fatigue. The infection is treated with antibiotics and most people respond quickly to treatment.
Only the following specific lot codes are affected: PV40515 1034 | PV40515 3034 | PV40515 4034 | PV40515 3035. The affected product has a country of origin of Colombia and was harvested entirely from Puerto Vallarta Herbs SAS (Farm) and imported by Vallarta Organics LLC dba Organic Destiny (Importer). Affected lot codes shipped:
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (2.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02143-2. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00141-0. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- That’s Tasty (Pasta Blend). (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-52008-9. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- That’s Tasty. (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-50502-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (1 lb.). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Simple Truth. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 4034. UPC: 0-11110-00876-3. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Kroger
That’s Tasty. (0.25 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02515-7. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- That’s Tasty. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3035. UPC: 7-68573-53001-9. Pack Date: 2/4/2021. Location: Schnucks
Recalled products were distributed to select retail stores between 2/3/2021 to 2/4/2021 in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
This recall notification is being issued due to a single instance in which a sample of bulk product was pulled at the port of entry in Miami and tested by the FDA as part of routine surveillance and indicated the potential presence of Cyclospora.
Affected Shenandoah Growers customers have been notified of the recall and instructed to immediately remove and discard recalled products from all store shelves, distribution and other inventories to ensure they are no longer available for sale or consumption.
The Shenandoah Growers recall includes only those clamshells of certified organic basil clearly marked with the affected lot codes listed above. The lot code can be found printed on each clamshell.
No other Shenandoah Growers products are subject to recall, and the company has no knowledge of any illness reported or related to this product to date.
Consumers who may have a recalled basil product should discard it immediately and not eat it. Consumers with questions, or to obtain refunds, may contact the Shenandoah Growers Consumer Response Center at 844-896-6939 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm EST.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”