IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subway, 5357 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60625, United States
April 28, 2017 7:14 AM
5357 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, 60625 Illinois, United States
I ordered footlongs from this Subway at 5357 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60625, and that is the only food I've eaten in two days. The same night I experienced fever, nausea and submandibular pain and throbbing. I think it could be the mold contamination in the food that can't be seen with the naked eye.
December 1, 2020 12:45 AM
“went there yesterday, got a tuna sub. ended up throwing up in the night while sleeping. thought it was a fluke, came back the next day and got the same order, threw up all over the place, been sick for 2 days because of this place. ”
November 29, 2020 10:06 PM
“Had sweet corn as an option on my sandwich, they were reaching the bottom of the tub so I don’t know how old it was, when they went to replace it, they just poured the bottom of the old stuff onto the top of the new tub, the next few days I had a bad stomach and couldn’t eat, being diabetic it also... played with my blood sugars ”
November 29, 2020 2:23 PM
“Chicken and bacon melt sandwich purchased and ate around 1-2pm and then sickness kicked in around 7-8pm. Still Ill 24hours later, bed ridden. ”
November 25, 2020 9:01 AM
“Report date: Nov 23, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: instructed to provide handwashing signage at all handsinks (washroom).
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: observed black slimy substances on interior water compone... nts of the ice maker,dripping into ice 'ice is used for human consumption'. Management was instructed to turn off machine, remove ice and have interior of ice machine cleaned and sanitized and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005,citation issued.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed no splashguard at hand sink in the front prep area. Must provide and maintain.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handling employee prepare food without wearing a hair restraint. Management instructed that all food handling employees must wear a hair restraint.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean the food debris on the storage racks inside the walk-in-cooler and to maintain.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: observed water leak at backflow prevention device above the mop sink area. Must repair plumbing leak and to maintain.
52. Sewage & waste water properly disposed
- comments: observed the dish washing 3-compartment sink not maintained. Observed waste water backing out from the open site floor drain onto rear food prep/3-compartment sink area while draining and running water in mentioned sink. Instructed to repair plumbing issue and detail clean and sanitize areas. Priority violation 7-38-030 (c),citation issued.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to remove accumulations of dusts on ceiling ventilation covers at front food prep area and to maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and organize rear storage area and remove unnecessary articles that are stored on top of the walk-in-cooler due to potential pest harborage.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: instructed to replace burnt-out light bulbs at front and rear food prep/3-compartment sink area and maintain adequate lighting at all times.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: observed no food handler certificates provided on the premises. Must show proof of training for all food handling employees.
Source: chicago.gov ”
November 25, 2020 8:47 AM
“I order a footlong sandwich from this location. I ordered my usual that i always get. A footlong on Italian herbs and cheese with pepperoni, ham, bacon, and cheese with salt and pepper. Ive Only eaten their sandwiches this way my whole life, but last night i tried something new, or i was forced to i... guess for the first time in my experience. The store was out of Italian herbs and cheese so I had to get my sandwich on a plain footlong. I also added lettuce for the second time too. I regret going to this store. After goin to bed late from weird stomach sensations, I woke up around 8 with the feeling of "somethings off" then immediately about 2 mins later im in my bathroom face in the toilet projectile vomiting!!! Now im a pretty solid person when it comes to stomach health or not getting stomach related sicknesses, however they legitimately gave me food poisoning and im appalled. And the only things I got different was my bread and adding a veggie. Safe to say IM NEVER BUYING IT AGAIN! ”
November 25, 2020 7:31 AM
“I had Italian herb and cheese bread with chicken, American cheese, onions, banana peppers, and Chipotle sauce, macadamia nut cookie and raspberry cheesecake cookie. Barely finished eating and had to vomit at the store twice then went home and had intense abdominal pain with continued vomiting for ab... out 14-15 hours. ”
November 24, 2020 9:57 AM
“I had a turkey sub I am the only one that ordered the turkey so I am the only one that got sick from sandwiches I am senior citizen ”
November 23, 2020 9:07 PM
“I ate a chicken bacon ranch sub. I ate a subway chicken bacon ranch sub. Ate half the footlong sub and started feeling sick. I then threw up a few times that night and didn't go to work the next morning. Didn't take long before I got sick after eating it. ”
November 21, 2020 10:08 AM
“I got a 12” in hartford tuna, with cheese, lettuce, onion, spinach, green peppers and chipotle south west. and a 6” :, meatball with the same things on it. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
November 16, 2020 5:32 AM
“My partner had bought fish and chips and mushy peas about 6.30pm from there and he's was hungry because he hadn't eaten that much day. So on the way back home he was eating his food with a blue fork the chippy had given him and had eaten it all he then threw his takeaway tray into a public bin on gl... an y gors Prestatyn. When we arrived home I made a brew and he said I've got tummy pains. So i said go and sit upstairs on the bed and i will bring our drinks up. He couldn't even drink his coffee and then the stomach pains went into severe cramps really bad he's a strong man 46yrs old and he was practically crying. So I decided to to log down the gaps in times when the cramps would come and go it was every 4-5mins so this is constant until 3.55am he was sick loads. I checked it to see that blood wasn't in it there wasn't but there was fish, few chips and like water that looked like coffee i took pictures. If you check on the cctv in there at 6.30pm Saturday 14th November 2020 as they didn't give him a receipt he was bad yesterday as well but temperature had come down and today he has pains just above his belly button. At first until say this morning his stomach was massive and hard. ”
November 11, 2020 4:41 AM
November 8, 2020 10:43 AM
“Crab salad that buy from this morning having loose stool Just started when I walk into the kitchen . ”
November 18, 2020 10:46 AM
“My roommate and I both ate turkey subs from here and had the same symptoms 5 hours later. Horrible. Never eating there again. ”
November 8, 2020 9:41 AM
“A girlfriend and I went there around 9:30 PM. It wasn't very busy,and we got our food to go. #1cheese sticks w extra marinara #2 moons over myhammy, and #3 a strawberry two crepe meal,with over med eggs,hashbrowns,and bacon. I only ate #1 and #3.
Then Around 4 am I started cramping up big tim... e in my stomach. I was bent over in pain, and I couldnt move, it consumed me. I thought maybe I had to relieve some gas, however I went to bathroom and went poop a little . It was almost as if it were a plug. The whole time my stomach was really hurting. I went into kitchen then had to run back to use it again.
some runny poop started coming out and like a faucet. Only not as much as I wished had come out,cause I know when it's out I'll feel better, but it did not . Left bathroom again to only be bent over holding my tummy moaning in serious pain. The bathroom stinks bad, and then I get sick to my tummy from smelling the air, and makes me feel like I might throw up. I didnt however.i went to the bathroom 8-10 times in between 4:00am till still using the toilet at 7:40am as I write this food posing description. ”
December 1, 2020 12:13 PM
“AFTER PURCHASING A FAMILY MEAL, MY GIRLFRIEND AND I COULDN'T STAY OFF THE TOILET. ”
November 12, 2020 2:46 PM
“My 9year old grandchild ate a chicken pie at about 5pm. At 20h45 she was violently sick. Vomiting diarrhea and nausea. After 30min she settled down. ”
November 13, 2020 12:08 AM
November 28, 2020 5:00 PM
“Company name: Vegpro International
Brand name: Fresh Attitude
Product recalled: Baby spinach
Reason of the recall: Salmonella
FDA Recall date: November 27, 2020
Recall details: Vegpro International of Sherrington, QC CAN is recalling Fresh Attitude baby spinach (5oz and 11oz) with Best before... dates of Dec 4th (for 11oz) and Dec 4th & 5th (for the 5oz), because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis
These products were produced in Vegpro’s Eastern Canadian plant and have been distributed ONLY in Eastern Canada and in the Northeastern United States (NY, NJ, DE, CT, MD & PA). All other Fresh Attitude product sold in the US is produced in Belle-Glade Florida and is not linked to this recall whatsoever and therefore safe for consumption.
No illnesses have been reported to date. The recall was initiated after it was discovered that the product was possibly contaminated with Salmonella subsequent investigation indicates that the problem may have been caused by contamination of a part of a lot of Baby Spinach. Veg Pro recalled due to health risk
- BABY SPINACH. 8 X 5 OZ, Fresh Attitude, Best before 2020-12-04 & 2020-12-05. UPC : 888048000042. UPC case: 10888048000049
- BABY SPINACH. 9 X 11 OZ, Fresh Attitude, Best before 2020-12-04. UPC: 888048000288. UPC case: 10888048000285
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-877-613-5700 or on their website.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”