IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Report date: Aug 9, 2022
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: pic without city of chicago certified manager certificate. Instd to correct and maintain.
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: no city of chicago certified manager on... site while handling tcs foods (hot dogs, taquito) nor vaild certificate or proof of enrollment on site. Instd to have on site at all times. Citation issued 7-38-012 priority foundation
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: handwash sink in prep area not accessible. Pizza cutter in basin of sink and employee actively dumping coffee in sink. Instd to keep clean, accessible and for handwashing only. Citation issued 7-38-030(c) priority foundation
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: the following tcs foods at improper cold holding temperatures at cold holding display unit:chicken skewers 57. 2f, hot dogs 56. 4f, bologna 58. 8f, kraft cheese slices 54. 1f, lunchables (deli meat) 55. 1f. All discarded and denatured at this times. Approx 50lbs $200 value. Citation issued 7-38-005 priority.
33. Proper cooling methods used; adequate equipment for temperature control
- comments: cold holding display unit unable to maintain proper temperature, internal air temperature of 47. 9f. Unit tagged and held for inspection. Instd not to use unitl repaired and able to maintain cold foods at 41f or below. Citation issued 7-38-005 priority foundation
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: missing verification of food handler training. Instd to obtain training and maintain verification on site
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violations from 6/21/19 report 2293995 not corrected; 3-307. 11: **c** miscellaneous sources of contamination missing splashguard inbetween handwash sink and 3-compartment sink. Instd to provide and maintain. 49 4-601. 11(c): (c) nonfood-contact surfaces of equipment shall be kept free of an accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue, and other debris. Excessive black dirt/debris accumulation at interior basin of utility sink. Instd to clean and maintain. 55 6-501. 12: **c** cleaning, frequency and restrictions toilet room door and walls of toilet room not clean, debris. Instd to clean and maintain. Floor under beverage syrup boxes in rear storage room not clean, excessive build up. Instd to clean and maintain same. Citation issued 7-42-090 priority foundation citation issued.
After eating a cheese pizza-variety Lunchables small pack, which I bought from there 5 days ago, I experienced nausea, headache, and diarrhea for 8 hours. (I specifically started feeling ill after consuming a big bite of the cheese at the end, if helpful) | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Headache
I ate a Lunchables the next day I was very sick vomiting couldn’t get out of bed it is giving us expired food putting new date on it I want to sue ASAP | Symptoms: Vomiting
3 months ago
Ate a lunchables around 8pm last night around 5am this morning bad stomach pains, diarrhoea and absolutely drenched in sweat. For someone who really never beads sweat I was quite literally drenched. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Sweating
4 months ago
Kielbasa Lunchables/Lunchmates, Lunchables were on a crazy good sale at here, so of course I bought a bunch (March 21). My daughters and myself each ate one of the kielbasa ones yesterday around 3pm (March 23). While eating them, I noticed one piece of meat in my... package had a slightly off taste - not enough to be overly alarming, but enough that I thoroughly inspected (with clean, freshly washed hands) and smell tested each individual piece in all 3 packages - but the rest SEEMED fine (Really wish I had trusted my gut, literally, and thrown them all out!). Through the night I had horrible strong, sharp stomach pains, causing me to toss and turn all night until about 5-5:30am this morning (March 24) when I couldn't try to sleep through it anymore and got up to go to the bathroom. Then started the excessive nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea (at times simultaneously), lasting/being stuck in the bathroom for approximately 2 hours, half asleep and feeling like I was dying inside. Once I was a bit more awake the pain in my stomach was unmistakable from past experiences, telling me it was likely food poisoning (this suspicion was confirmed in my mind later that morning by my daughter's symptoms and the fact that it was the only thing we had BOTH consumed the previous afternoon). Tried to lay back down for a bit until my kids woke up, but the sharp pain persisted and made it impossible to get comfortable let alone fall back to sleep, as did the constant feeling that I may have to run back to the bathroom. My daughters woke up around 8:30-9am, with my youngest crying off and on complaining of stomach pain (that I later found out she had been dealing with through the night/early morning hours as well, tossing and turning in extreme discomfort just like I had). Within half hour of being awake, while crying that the sharp pain was back again in her tummy, and before I could even finish telling her to get to the toilet quick if she felt like she was going to get sick, she suddenly vomited all over the floor. She vomited a few more times over the next 1-2 hrs, with the stomach pain persisting, but started feeling better around 1pm. I however have continued to have the sudden, sharp, strong pains and nausea throughout the day. Even now, writing this at 3:20pm.
Posted in a local moms group and discovered that others had experienced the same thing or similar symptoms that they originally thought may have been a flu bug presenting but have since said they believe they too got food poisoning from eating the exact same product & kind (kielbasa) purchased at the same location. One lady even mentioned her daughter had sent her a picture she took of what looked like obviously visible mold on the kielbasa in her lunchable and thus threw out all 10 that she had also purchased there on sale.
I have reported the incident(s) of [potential] exposure to local Public Health, they took down all necessary info, and are now investigating.
With how cheap they were (you NEVER see them on sale for such a good price - 1.67!) and the fact that they were almost sold out when I bought them, it is my worry that ALOT of these possibly contaminated lunchables were purchased and have been/are being consumed by children/people who have/will also be affected without knowing, without warning! (Hopefully my post helped prevent this for some, but judging by the responses and messages I've received, it's already too late for alot of others 😔) | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
7 months ago
I typically eat lunchables when I dont have time to prep a lunch, but I noted that mine had a off taste and chucked it up to it being my damaged taste buds. However the ham and cheese lunchable would cause stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea. I only ate half of it too. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach Pain
I believe a ham and cheese lunchables. Both my son and husband had one and have both been sick since 2 people got sick. My son was about 2 hours he vomited. My husband was about 3 hours he had diarrhea and has now been up vomiting all night, It happened Today | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Vomiting, Nausea
8 months ago
Yesterday from there, My 3 kids got sick right after eating lunchables I did buy yesterday from there..ate it yesterday and they still sick, I will check later inside the trash make sure what kind Buy it Yesterday November 23 and they ate it yesterday right after... came from the store in about 30 to 45 minutes started to get sick one after another tital kids are 3 | Symptoms: Vomiting