IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Turkey food poisoning is commonly linked to the holidays, but turkey deli meat consumed year-round has a high risk of contamination from food poisoning bacteria. Raw and undercooked poultry is usually associated with Salmonella, but turkey deli meat food poisoning is normally caused by listeria.
January 12, 2021 11:55 PM
“The CFIA announced the recall of Oven Roasted Turkey Breast by Piller's Fine Foods because of the presence of pieces of plastic.
CFIA advises consumers not to eat the recalled products and return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Check to see if you have the recalled product in y... our home.
- Piller's Oven Roasted Turkey Breast (375 g). UPC: 0 69401 07546 8. Code(s) on Product: Best Before 2021 JA 27 EST 550
Check the full recall details on the CFIA website inspection.gc.ca
Source: CFIA ”
January 8, 2021 7:58 AM
“I went there last night with 3 of my friends. I ordered the turkey club. Something about it didnt taste right. I only ate a couple of bites. How’s it’s 430 in the morning and I’m vomiting and dry heaving like no tomorrow. I’ve got sweats and chills and I keep shaking. So yeah, thanks for that. It ha... ppened on 1/12/2021 ”
January 7, 2021 10:39 PM
“About 2 hours after I ate. I had the #9, no bacon, add avocado from this location, ate it at home. Ate around 2 ish...and I actually thought some of the turkey had a funny taste. But I finished my small sandwich. About 2 hours later had intense severe stomach cramps, nausea, vomit, diarrhea. No... fever, just the mist severe stomach cramps ever, so intense I was doubled over and felt like I was going to faint. ”
January 7, 2021 2:36 PM
“We believe it was the smoked turkey sandwich from there Myself and my 83 year old mother. She is still sick and this morning she got dizzy and fell and hit her head. We are at the ER now. 1/4/2021
There is one location at 337 & 46 that is a mile from my house, but not sure if that's where food was... obtained as there no way to tell so far as I can determine on the doordash app ”
January 6, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Jan 4, 2021
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: no city of chicago certified food manager on site. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: no valid c... ity of chicago sanitation certificate posted on the premises. Must provide a valid city of chicago sanitation certificate or proof of current enrollment for food safety sanitation class and post on the premises. Priority foundation violation 7-38-012 citation issued.
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: no required equipment or clean up kit for the written vomit/diarreah cleaning procedure on premises that was given to business by c. D. P. H on previous inspection from 6-17-19. Must provide all required equipment. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed the following prepared tcs foods not properly date labeled with an expiration date no longer than 7 days. Chicken soup in a reach-in cooler with a preparation date only of dec. 30th, sliced cheese with a date of oct. 30th, prepared potato salad with a prep date only of dec. 30th and sliced turkey with a prep date only of dec. 31st. Instructed all prepared tcs foods held longer than 24 hours must have expiration dates no longer than 7 days. Approximatly 20 lbs discarded. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: inaccurate internal thermometer inside the tall reach-in cooler. Must replace.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: must not store bags of bread in the outdoor stairwell of the building. Must store bread in a clean indoor food storage area.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: noted long haired food preparers without effective hair restraints. Must provide.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: in use wiping cloths must be held in a sanitizing solution between use.
43. In-use utensils: properly stored
- comments: knives noted improperly stored between the two door prep cooler and prep table. Must provide a proper knife holder.
44. Utensils, equipment & linens: properly stored, dried, & handled
- comments: must not store soiled linens hanging on the hand washing sink splash guard.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: broken glass door of the box freezer and in poor repair. Must replace.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: interior and exterior of toaster ovens and all coolers with excessive grease and food debris. Must clean and maintain.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: interior of all front prep storage cabinets with dirt and debris. Must clean and maintain. ----must not use paper as liner for splash guards and all glass doors of the interior of all coolers. --- must not use tin foil as liner for walls in the food prep areas. ---must not use soiled towels as liner under cutting boards. Surfaces must be smooth and cleanable.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: hole in the floor at the dining area north window. Must seal/repair to be smooth and cleanable. ----must not use duct tape as a seal on the floor of the rear food prep area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: all unnecessary articles stored on the rear outdoor stairwell must be removed from the premises to prevent rodent harboring. All other needed items must be stored organized and elevated.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: no proof of food handler training or certificates on the premises. Must provide for all employees.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: no proof of allergen training or certificates for all city of chicago certified food managers. Must provide.
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violations from inspection #2293681 on 6-17-19 not corrected. #47- noted torn rubber gasket inside the display service cooler at the kitchen prep. Instructed to detail repair and maintain and/or replace. #47- cutting boards with open seams and dark stains and also a crack at one of the cutting boards at the prep area. Must refinish or replace damaged or stained cutting boards. #55--floors throughout premise especially along wall base and underneath equipment with dirt,and food spills. Instructed to detail clean and sanitize. Must upgrade house keeping. #55-: instructed to detail clean and maintain all cooking equipment, sneeze guard in front of soup heating unit splashed with food particles and spills,rails of display cooler and inside the display cooler. #55- noted heavy clutter throughout establishment on shelves and floors at the prep area. Instructed to detail clean, organize and remove all unnecessary or unused articles and equipment to prevent hiding places for pest. Must upgrade housing keeping. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: summary report from 6-17-19 #2293681 not posted visible to the public. Summary report must be posted visible to the public at all times. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
Source: chicago.gov ”
January 5, 2021 9:32 PM
“10 minutes ago. A footlong turkey with bacon, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pickles, banana peppers and mayo. I had a really bad headache/stomach issues and then i just recently threw up. I ate about 4 hours ago. ”
January 2, 2021 10:59 AM
“Turkey 1 sick, symptoms 8 hours after eating ”
December 30, 2020 3:51 PM
“I stopped at this place to pick up a sub for lunch. I got a turkey sub with veggies, no cheese. I get back to the car and we head back towards home. I started eating it in the car and suddenly something didn't taste right. It started tasting fishy almost like tuna but not quite. Something was d... efinitely not right. It tasted bad yes but it also was not cold like it usually is. All the items, the lettuce was yellow, the other veggies, everything was off like the refrigeration is maybe saying it's working but isn't or that it's altogether just been out too long or is way too old. I stopped eating it.
Anyhow about 15, 20 minutes later we were still driving and I had to have my partner pull over so I could vomit on the side of the road for about 5 minutes. My stomach is still feeling awful. It's unacceptable. ”
December 28, 2020 7:22 PM
“After eating turkey chili, I had nausea, abdominal discomfort, and extreme gas. Was up all night and developed a headache. I now have terrible diarrhea and nausea. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
December 24, 2020 7:35 PM
“After lunch in new cairo location where my. 2 children 14 and 16 years old took chicken... they spent the night vomiting ”
January 3, 2021 8:17 PM
“I ate the Mediterranean Salad (in a bag) on January 3, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. by 7:30 p.m. my stomach felt like it was going to blow up (massive pressure) and thereafter bad diarrhea. ”
January 10, 2021 1:58 AM
January 11, 2021 4:00 PM
“Company name: EVR Foods Inc.
Brand name: LAVVA
Product recalled: Blueberry Plant-Based Yogurt
Reason of the recall: Potential for Mold
FDA Recall date: January 11, 2021
Recall details: Recall Limited to Lavva Blueberry Plant-Based Yogurt 5.3 Ounce Dated 2/21/21 Out of an abundance of caution, E... VR Foods, INC, parent company to Lavva, is issuing a voluntary recall on its 5.3 ounce Blueberry Plant-Based Yogurt with expiration date 2/21/21. While this SKU and date code cleared strict quality assurance protocols, recent testing indicates a potential mold contamination.
No other Lavva products are affected by the recall. This plant-based yogurt was produced at a manufacturing facility in Norwich, NY, and has only been linked to the single date code. There have been no confirmed illnesses to date.
The recalled Blueberry Plant-Based Yogurts were distributed to retail stores nationwide. The product comes in a 5.3 ounce, colorful plastic cup with a foil lid, marked with lot #022121 on the bottom of the cup which is also used as the expiration date of the product.
Consumers are urged not to eat the product subject to the recall. Anyone who purchased the SKU may return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions about the recall can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-885-2882 between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
The Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has been notified of this recall and is assisting with the process. The brand is available at retailers nationwide, including Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Kroger, and local natural food stores. All of Lavva’s products are vegan, dairy-free, and use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
January 4, 2021 3:36 PM
“Food ordered from restaurant Myself and my partner had nausea and diarrhoea within 2 hours after eating food from this restaurant. When I tried to alert the restaurant, they hung up on me the first time. When I called a second time I was not taken seriously. ”
January 14, 2021 12:16 PM
“Both my fiancé and I ate here on 1/13/21 and experienced terrible symptoms about an hour later. We are still sick with symptoms the next day. We each ate large bowls with many of the same ingredients and had the ginger peach kombucha. Our symptoms both started out as a terrible sweat that we broke o... ut into on the plane. Next we both became extremely lethargic then we both ran to the bathroom multiple times with bloody stools. I vomited at least 12 times with terrible nausea. Also, both of us have abdominal cramps. All of these symptoms are still present today, 1/14/21, except the vomiting, but I am very nauseous. ”
January 3, 2021 11:58 PM
“I ate at 1pm and by 11pm I was having stomach cramps, vomit and diarrhea! This was all I had eaten since 1pm ”
January 13, 2021 9:07 AM
“Heritage wanton mee 20 plus people got sick and the restaurant got suspended ”
January 17, 2021 5:27 PM
“Last night Had stuffed shells from there and woke up with it coming out of both ends. Horrible! Driving home today and feel awful. I just said stuffed shells @ 4:00PM and woke up at 12:30AM in bad sgape ”